This week marks the release of Raekwon's sixth solo studio album, F.I.L.A. (Fly International Luxurious Art), and to celebrate, he was on Hot 97 to give us all the low-down on the project, as well as discuss some other stuff.
Father's audience has been growing steadily with every release, and as one of the more promising young artists in the game, he landed a spot on Peter Rosenberg's up-and-comer showcase, Real Late.
Bobby Shmurda's career has been put on hold while he remains locked up and deals with his legal drama. News has been circulating that Shmurda was moved to Protective Custody inside, which Shmurda confirmed on a phone call to Hot 97.
To promote their upcoming Fan Of A Fan 2 album which drops Tuesday, Tyga and Chris Brown made their way by the Hot 97 studios on Friday evening and chopped it up with the station’s newcomer, Nessa Nitty.
Funk Flex's name recently graced headlines when he went on a seemingly unprovoked radio rant against Jay Z and his "Life + Times" blog. Following that rant, reports began to circulate that Hov was looking to buy Hot 97.
Ty Dolla $ign is a busy man these days. Coming out of the highly collaborative L.A. scene, Ty has certainly cut his teeth as a songwriter over the last few years, but as his profile rises as a solo artist, there's a higher demand for his work now than ever.
You may not recognize the face, but you know the producer tag. Sonny Digital, who just received a Grammy nod for his work on iLoveMakonnen's "Tuesday," has been making hits since 2011, when YC and Future's "Racks" first broke out.
YG and DJ Mustard had My Krazy Life fans worried when a back-and-forth on Instragam suggested they may have had a falling out. Thankfully, only a couple days later the two were pictured together ready to get back on their grind.
Azealia Banks has always been known as someone who wears her heart on her sleeve and never holds back strong opinions, and that reputation followed her to Hot 97, where she sat down for an interview this morning.
In addition to stopping Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club this morning, Sean Don also hit up Hot 97 to talk to Ebro and Laura Stylez. Opening the discussion by talking about Ariana Grande, Sean Don wasn't too open about it, but assured us everything is good.
We've seen Chris Brown's graffiti creations on his Instagram, some of which have even got him in trouble with the law. The singer decided to put his talent on full view by painting something live for Hot 97 at their studio in New York.
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)3,047 Views9 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL6,040 Views37 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape15,167 Views39 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them4,073 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans3,385 Views5 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)1,201 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack3,313 Views23 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death19,920 Views50 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God5,975 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape12,081 Views60 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album31,865 Views151 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon11,824 Views60 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again7,122 Views28 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations7,218 Views17 Comments
- TBT: Ice Cube7,161 Views29 Comments