Iggy Azalea Responds To Azealia Banks Emotional Interview On Hot 97 [Update: Anonymous Threatens Iggy] Dec 20, 2014 at 11:23am
Yesterday you may have seen the interview with Azealia Banks on Hot 97, where she got pretty emotional mid-way when discussing racism and the appropriation of black culture, particularly in relation to hip-hop.
We've heard plenty of responses and reactions to Kendrick Lamar's "Control" verse, but up to this point, nothing from the man himself. In a new teaser interview with Power106, the rapper has finally broken his silence on the controversy around his verse.
While we wait for Meek’s response, which is reportedly dropping tonight by the way, the MMG member decided to break his silence today by going at a Hot 97 radio personality in the comment section of Instagram Thursday night.
Iggy Azalea is a divisive artist. So divisive, that one radio host was compelled to express his distaste for her record, after playing it on air. That DJ was Funkmaster Flex.
Yesterday, Funkmaster Flex dropped the ball (or, Meek Mill dropped the ball and therefore Funk Flex could not catch the metaphorical ball), when the Meek Mill diss track he promised Hot 97 listeners fell through.
Peter Rosenberg: Kendrick Lamar's Album Is Dropping In Early 2015 [Update: Kendrick Says Could Arrive Sooner] Nov 7, 2014 at 11:40am
As a Hot 97 radio host, Peter Rosenberg often has a reputation as a crotchety, tough-to-please listener, so that's why his new, gushing "review" of Kendrick Lamar's upcoming album is so shocking.
Angie Martinez Resigns From Hot 97 [Update: Angie's Move To Power 105.1 Confirmed] Jun 19, 2014 at 11:08am
Out of the blue (or at least it seems that way to us), Angie Martinez has announced her resignation from popular hip-hop radio station Hot 97.
Travis Scott is well-known for his on-stage antics, and while they usually consist of stage-diving and spastic jumping (with the occasional ad-lib thrown in), the most memorable moment of his HOT 97 Summer Jam set today came when he confronted a photographer o
Just when you thought you'd heard as many bomb drops as your brain could possibly process, Funkmaster Flex is back with another rant, and he's not done with Jay Z.
Last night, Hot 97 promised listeners a Drake diss record from Meek Mill, to be premiered by Funkmaster Flex. However, the song never came through, and thus it left Hot 97 and Funk Flex in the lurch.
Meek Mill's twitter rant seems to have the whole rap twittersphere in a tizzy. We've also heard about a disproportional amount of beef these past two days, from Action Bronson vs. Ghostface Killah, to Nicki Minaj vs. VMAs, and then Nicki vs.
Watch HOT 97 Summer Jam Performances From Meek Mill, Big Sean, Travis Scott & More Jun 8, 2015 at 02:03am
This year's Summer Jam was one of the more stacked lineups in recent memory. The festival and main stage lineups seemed interchangeable at times, which is a testament to how strong the bill was throughout.
Last month, paparazzi caught some pictures of Machine Gun Kelly and Amber Rose hanging out together, which led to inevitable dating rumors, and now MGK's spoken on the matter on Hot 97.
It's no secret that NYC's Hot 97 and Power 105 radio stations have been competing with each other for years, but just days after Angie Martinez's abrupt switcharoo from 97 to 105, it seems that the beef is about to get even more heated.
Kanye West Reportedly Hints That He'll Drop New Music For North West's Birthday Jun 11, 2015 at 04:53pm
Kanye West called into HOT 97 today and spoke to their on-air personality Nessa about a few things. We don't have audio from their phone call just yet, but HOT 97 has tweeted out some of the highlights as have some listeners.
Nicki Minaj Talks With Peter Rosenberg For First Time About 2012 Summer Jam Incident May 28, 2013 at 11:05am
This year's Hot 97 Summer Jam is only a week away, and perhaps in the spirit of it, Peter Rosenberg had a sit-down with Nicki Minaj on Hot 97.
Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel have been locked up since December of last year, and while we didn't heard anything from the two GS9 rappers for some time, they have been able to do a couple of interviews as of late.
- The Best Of Kanye West At The 2015 VMAs7,902 Views43 Comments
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Candidacy In Wild VMA Speech37,767 Views165 Comments
- Rick Ross Is Dropping New Music Tomorrow17,216 Views59 Comments
- Stream ProbCause's New Album "Drifters"1,365 Views0 Comments
- 10 Essential PARTYNEXTDOOR Tracks18,801 Views48 Comments
- Big Boi Makes Live Debut As "Big Grams" With Phantogram, Says Album Is "Coming Soon"5,788 Views6 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Kanye West's "Late Registration" 4,958 Views32 Comments
- Jay Z Already Deleted His Instagram Account29,069 Views54 Comments
- MTV VMAs: Top Hip-Hop Moments9,433 Views31 Comments
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter27,806 Views60 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 2910,734 Views64 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account27,153 Views53 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville58,326 Views70 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA19,369 Views32 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)7,213 Views26 Comments
You may also like...
- Styles P "Other" Video528 Views