Iggy Azalea Responds To Azealia Banks Emotional Interview On Hot 97 [Update: Anonymous Threatens Iggy] Dec 20, 2014 at 11:23am
Yesterday you may have seen the interview with Azealia Banks on Hot 97, where she got pretty emotional mid-way when discussing racism and the appropriation of black culture, particularly in relation to hip-hop.
We've heard plenty of responses and reactions to Kendrick Lamar's "Control" verse, but up to this point, nothing from the man himself. In a new teaser interview with Power106, the rapper has finally broken his silence on the controversy around his verse.
Iggy Azalea is a divisive artist. So divisive, that one radio host was compelled to express his distaste for her record, after playing it on air. That DJ was Funkmaster Flex.
Peter Rosenberg: Kendrick Lamar's Album Is Dropping In Early 2015 [Update: Kendrick Says Could Arrive Sooner] Nov 7, 2014 at 11:40am
As a Hot 97 radio host, Peter Rosenberg often has a reputation as a crotchety, tough-to-please listener, so that's why his new, gushing "review" of Kendrick Lamar's upcoming album is so shocking.
Angie Martinez Resigns From Hot 97 [Update: Angie's Move To Power 105.1 Confirmed] Jun 19, 2014 at 11:08am
Out of the blue (or at least it seems that way to us), Angie Martinez has announced her resignation from popular hip-hop radio station Hot 97.
Travis Scott is well-known for his on-stage antics, and while they usually consist of stage-diving and spastic jumping (with the occasional ad-lib thrown in), the most memorable moment of his HOT 97 Summer Jam set today came when he confronted a photographer o
Just when you thought you'd heard as many bomb drops as your brain could possibly process, Funkmaster Flex is back with another rant, and he's not done with Jay Z.
Watch HOT 97 Summer Jam Performances From Meek Mill, Big Sean, Travis Scott & More Jun 8, 2015 at 02:03am
This year's Summer Jam was one of the more stacked lineups in recent memory. The festival and main stage lineups seemed interchangeable at times, which is a testament to how strong the bill was throughout.
Last month, paparazzi caught some pictures of Machine Gun Kelly and Amber Rose hanging out together, which led to inevitable dating rumors, and now MGK's spoken on the matter on Hot 97.
It's no secret that NYC's Hot 97 and Power 105 radio stations have been competing with each other for years, but just days after Angie Martinez's abrupt switcharoo from 97 to 105, it seems that the beef is about to get even more heated.
Nicki Minaj Talks With Peter Rosenberg For First Time About 2012 Summer Jam Incident May 28, 2013 at 11:05am
This year's Hot 97 Summer Jam is only a week away, and perhaps in the spirit of it, Peter Rosenberg had a sit-down with Nicki Minaj on Hot 97.
Kanye West Reportedly Hints That He'll Drop New Music For North West's Birthday Jun 11, 2015 at 04:53pm
Kanye West called into HOT 97 today and spoke to their on-air personality Nessa about a few things. We don't have audio from their phone call just yet, but HOT 97 has tweeted out some of the highlights as have some listeners.
Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel have been locked up since December of last year, and while we didn't heard anything from the two GS9 rappers for some time, they have been able to do a couple of interviews as of late.
Summer Jam 2015 Lineup Revealed, Featuring Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown, Big Sean & More Mar 31, 2015 at 09:10am
It's that time of year again! Ahead of the June 7th festival, Summer Jam has announced its 2015 lineup.
Angie Martinez's move from Hot 97 to station rival Power 105.1 was a bold move that came under fire from many of the radio personality's biggest fans. Now, her motives have been made all the more clear.
Mister Cee Resigns From HOT 97 Following Further Prostitution Allegations [Update: Mister Cee Admits To Allegations] Sep 12, 2013 at 11:12am
Mister Cee has been the subject of a lot of controversy over the last few years. The HOT97 DJ has been arrested for attempting to solicit prostitutes multiple times while working at the station, as has consistently made headlines as a result.
Summer's here, and festival season has arrived. Unfortunately, for hip-hop heads, most of the summer's premier music destinations are filled with laptop DJs or bands that introduced your parents to LSD 40 years ago.
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th8,526 Views21 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"5,874 Views20 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show7,048 Views18 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks4,534 Views2 Comments
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday7,598 Views29 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month8,986 Views38 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show20,031 Views31 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today6,767 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj63,431 Views239 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal143,980 Views823 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"77,025 Views145 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"65,148 Views84 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,244 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"3,001 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"49,303 Views166 Comments