Tech N9ne's Strange Music label has evolved into something bigger than he ever could have imagined.
After checking in with King Los on his dense "Black Blood" record, our second installment of Between The Lines brings us to Obie Trice's feel-good party track, "Good Girls," which despite being built for the club, is similarly wordy.
T-Pain has enough hits to take care of him for the rest of his life, but with the release of The Iron Way mixtape, he proved his talent for crafting infectious hooks hasn't gone anywhere.
You probably recognize Yazz from his starring role on the hit FOX series, Empire, where he's billed as Bryshere Y. Gray.
Since releasing her Cloud 19 mixtape last summer, Kehlani's following has been growing at a staggering rate, but as she reveals in her new "On The Come Up" segment, that's far from the whole story. In our exclusive interview, The L.A.
A-Trak Talks Working With Young Thug & Metro Boomin For Low Pros, Signing Rome Fortune Apr 6, 2015 at 03:35pm
If you've been following A-Trak over the last couple of years, you'll know that he has a lot on his plate these days. Last year saw him releasing collaborative efforts as Duck Sauce, and Low Pros, as well as plenty of promises for things to come.
It's hard to believe that Migos have yet to release their debut album, as the Atlanta trio's infectious hooks, flows, and ad-libs have been inescapable since their breakthrough in 2013.
T-Pain just dropped his highly-anticipated mixtape, The Iron Way, and it's full of the type of songs we know and love from the acclaimed singer.
Get Your Music Video On HotNewHipHop With HeatSeekers Video Edition [Update: March 21] Mar 21, 2015 at 04:00pm
Want your music video promoted and featured on HNHH? Submit your original music video for the chance to be posted on HNHH's YouTube channel and in our video section.
Too Short has a long and prolific career, to the point that you might not expect the Bay Area rapper to remember the many songs he's recording. In a new interview, Short proves that's far from the case.
Too Short's career has spanned three decades, and being the prolific artist that he is, he's released a huge amount of albums.
Juvenile is taking a second chance with Cash Money, and he's arrived back at his old label at a strange time, as his former Hot Boy collaborator, and the label's star for most of its history, Lil Wayne, is trying to cut ties with Birdman.
K Camp had a phenomenal 2014.
Over the last few years, we've seen A$AP Ferg grow from the scene-stealing feature on A$AP Rocky's "Kissin' Pink" to a full fledged star, but according to Ferg, his growth is far from complete.
A couple days ago, Ferg gave us a tour of his favorite Bodega in Harlem where both A$AP Rocky's breakout video for "Peso" and his own recent "Doe-active" clip were filmed.
Whether or not you're in love with it, you've likely heard OT Genasis' "CoCo". The song has been taking over the club, rap radio, and social media with its highly quotable mantra.
If you don't jump around when "Party Up" comes on, you're no friend of mine. At the real clubs, DMX's 90s singles still get spun on repeat. The fact remains he's one of the best selling rap artists of all time.
For readers unfamiliar with HS87's Audio Push, there isn't a better place to get started than right here. In a candid interview with HNHH, Oktane and Pricetag take us way back to the beginning of their friendship in middle school.
All too often, emcees get caught up listening to and taking influence from the majors instead of looking at the wealth of material growing right in their local music scene. DeJ Loaf is not that kind of emcee.
New York around this time of year transitions from being a place with crazy people on the streets to a place where people look like crazy people on the streets (although you better believe the original crazies are still there).
Compton Menace released his huge collaboration with Chris Brown, "Put On My Niggas" earlier this year, and he and Chris are now filming an official video for the track.
Jahlil Beats has plenty of hits under his belt, but one song he definitely wasn't expecting to blow up was Bobby Shmurda's "Hot Nigga", namely because he didn't know it existed until the hype started to build around it.
- Andre 3000 Joins Cast Of ABC’s “American Crime” Series1,268 Views9 Comments
- Azealia Banks Adds Her Two Cents To The Meek Mill & Drake Debate36,611 Views135 Comments
- 140 Bars: Top Tweets Of The Week (July 25 - 31)7,283 Views0 Comments
- Top-5 August Sneaker Releases To Watch For2,372 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Is Charlamagne's "Donkey Of The Day"37,257 Views117 Comments
- French Montana Logs Studio Time With Justin Bieber & Mariah Carey4,932 Views30 Comments
- Stream Lil Debbie's "Home Grown" EP2,643 Views5 Comments
- Everything We Know About Drake Getting Peed On48,948 Views200 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (July 31)6,268 Views9 Comments
- Meek Mill Sends More Shots At Drake & Quentin Miller On Instagram 105,387 Views353 Comments
- Lance Stephenson Releases A New Song, Says He's The Best Ballin' Rapper In The Game2,738 Views0 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Meek Mill's Drake Diss Track "Wanna Know"70,994 Views244 Comments
- Stream Roy Wood$ New EP "Exis"0 Views28 Comments
- Drake Responds To Meek’s Diss Record On Instagram103,950 Views363 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Confirms Joint Album With Lil B13,393 Views49 Comments