After checking in with King Los on his dense "Black Blood" record, our second installment of Between The Lines brings us to Obie Trice's feel-good party track, "Good Girls," which despite being built for the club, is similarly wordy.
T-Pain has enough hits to take care of him for the rest of his life, but with the release of The Iron Way mixtape, he proved his talent for crafting infectious hooks hasn't gone anywhere.
You probably recognize Yazz from his starring role on the hit FOX series, Empire, where he's billed as Bryshere Y. Gray.
Since releasing her Cloud 19 mixtape last summer, Kehlani's following has been growing at a staggering rate, but as she reveals in her new "On The Come Up" segment, that's far from the whole story. In our exclusive interview, The L.A.
A-Trak Talks Working With Young Thug & Metro Boomin For Low Pros, Signing Rome Fortune Apr 6, 2015 at 03:35pm
If you've been following A-Trak over the last couple of years, you'll know that he has a lot on his plate these days. Last year saw him releasing collaborative efforts as Duck Sauce, and Low Pros, as well as plenty of promises for things to come.
It's hard to believe that Migos have yet to release their debut album, as the Atlanta trio's infectious hooks, flows, and ad-libs have been inescapable since their breakthrough in 2013.
T-Pain just dropped his highly-anticipated mixtape, The Iron Way, and it's full of the type of songs we know and love from the acclaimed singer.
Get Your Music Video On HotNewHipHop With HeatSeekers Video Edition [Update: March 21] Mar 21, 2015 at 04:00pm
Want your music video promoted and featured on HNHH? Submit your original music video for the chance to be posted on HNHH's YouTube channel and in our video section.
Too Short has a long and prolific career, to the point that you might not expect the Bay Area rapper to remember the many songs he's recording. In a new interview, Short proves that's far from the case.
Too Short's career has spanned three decades, and being the prolific artist that he is, he's released a huge amount of albums.
Juvenile is taking a second chance with Cash Money, and he's arrived back at his old label at a strange time, as his former Hot Boy collaborator, and the label's star for most of its history, Lil Wayne, is trying to cut ties with Birdman.
K Camp had a phenomenal 2014.
Over the last few years, we've seen A$AP Ferg grow from the scene-stealing feature on A$AP Rocky's "Kissin' Pink" to a full fledged star, but according to Ferg, his growth is far from complete.
A couple days ago, Ferg gave us a tour of his favorite Bodega in Harlem where both A$AP Rocky's breakout video for "Peso" and his own recent "Doe-active" clip were filmed.
Whether or not you're in love with it, you've likely heard OT Genasis' "CoCo". The song has been taking over the club, rap radio, and social media with its highly quotable mantra.
If you don't jump around when "Party Up" comes on, you're no friend of mine. At the real clubs, DMX's 90s singles still get spun on repeat. The fact remains he's one of the best selling rap artists of all time.
For readers unfamiliar with HS87's Audio Push, there isn't a better place to get started than right here. In a candid interview with HNHH, Oktane and Pricetag take us way back to the beginning of their friendship in middle school.
All too often, emcees get caught up listening to and taking influence from the majors instead of looking at the wealth of material growing right in their local music scene. DeJ Loaf is not that kind of emcee.
New York around this time of year transitions from being a place with crazy people on the streets to a place where people look like crazy people on the streets (although you better believe the original crazies are still there).
Compton Menace released his huge collaboration with Chris Brown, "Put On My Niggas" earlier this year, and he and Chris are now filming an official video for the track.
Jahlil Beats has plenty of hits under his belt, but one song he definitely wasn't expecting to blow up was Bobby Shmurda's "Hot Nigga", namely because he didn't know it existed until the hype started to build around it.
Earlier in the week, reports began to trickle in that Rihanna may have a small role in the upcoming Bond movie, possibly as the spy's love interest. We decided to take this news to the streets of New York to find out what they thought.
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram5,742 Views21 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"778 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)2,704 Views3 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney4,170 Views15 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music6,773 Views22 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"15,777 Views47 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast11,706 Views3 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon13,927 Views32 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour16,240 Views34 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1732 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance40,966 Views142 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"33,981 Views263 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance34,280 Views47 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm35,565 Views217 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest1,625 Views7 Comments
You may also like...
- King Los "Toca Tuesday" Freestyle1,363 Views
- Silentó Takes A Dance Challenge1,392 Views
- Bankroll Fresh "Ski" Video391 Views