There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
The other day we saw Kendrick Lamar's Man of the Year GQ cover. The magazine has dubbed Kendrick Rapper of the Year, and along with the title came an interview with the West Coast MC.
Danny Brown Says Rappers Are Only Co-Signing Miley Cyrus Because They're Trying To Eat Oct 3, 2013 at 12:13pm
Danny Brown represents his home of Detroit to the fullest, so it may not come as a surprise that he gets sensitive when other people try to claim his city.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Forbes recently let go their list of the Highest-Earning Celebrity Couples, which Jay Z and Beyonce topped. Now they've released their annual list of Highest Paid Hip-Hop Artists, and while Hov doesn't top this list too, he comes pretty close at #2.
Logic has come a long way since he dropped his first Frank Sinatra-inspired mixtape, Young, Broke & Infamous, four years ago.
For as long as hip hop has been a part of popular culture, it has been one of the more interactive genres in music. But while most MCs like to make the crowd a part of the show, fans sometimes go to far in trying to get close to their favorite artist.
When hip hop 'It' couple Jay Z and Beyonce recently showed up courtside at the Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat game amidst major controversies. the buzz of the pairs appearance was carried around swiftly.
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
In a recent interview with Bulgarian urban media outlet 359HipHop, DMX discussed his legal troubles, Eminem's "Rap God" status, the evolution of the game and his aspiration to eventually become a pastor (not a priest).
Nothing shows the colossal growth of hip-hop and rap music over the last 40 years than its prevalence in video games. What could only be seen has an odd pairing at best has turned into one of the most successful cross-cultural relationships in entertainment.
Hip-hop was once again up in arms thanks to an Iggy Azalea quote this past week. During an interview with GQ, Iggy Azalea was so bold as to say she "sparked a change and inspired some leniency in what people accept in hip-hop." Hmm...
Listen to Centipede , the new track by Childish Gambino, which was dropped on Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013. Childish Gambino's odds keep getting better with each new leak, and Centipede will undoubtedly improve his chances of winning.
There is no one answer for why some cities get so much love in the hip-hop industry while others producing loads of talent go unnoticed.
- Stream The Game's "The Documentary 2"583 Views10 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support7,196 Views87 Comments
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists20,566 Views153 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company18,333 Views44 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"13,788 Views36 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac10,037 Views80 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work27,644 Views90 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles3,224 Views24 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single3,747 Views13 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?7,840 Views33 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season3,370 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame2,790 Views26 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views21,774 Views147 Comments
- Vince Staples & Mac Miller Discuss White Rappers & How They Fit Into Hip-Hop14,303 Views76 Comments