There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
The other day we saw Kendrick Lamar's Man of the Year GQ cover. The magazine has dubbed Kendrick Rapper of the Year, and along with the title came an interview with the West Coast MC.
Forbes recently let go their list of the Highest-Earning Celebrity Couples, which Jay Z and Beyonce topped. Now they've released their annual list of Highest Paid Hip-Hop Artists, and while Hov doesn't top this list too, he comes pretty close at #2.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
For as long as hip hop has been a part of popular culture, it has been one of the more interactive genres in music. But while most MCs like to make the crowd a part of the show, fans sometimes go to far in trying to get close to their favorite artist.
We've officially wrapped up a big year for the genre we all love-- new albums from Jay Z, Kanye West, Pusha T, Mac Miller, Drake, Juicy J (and the list goes on), only made 2013 that much sweeter.
Logic has come a long way since he dropped his first Frank Sinatra-inspired mixtape, Young, Broke & Infamous, four years ago.
Big Sean recently stopped by DJ Whoo Kid's Shade 45 radio show and discussed working with Eminem, his new album Hall Of Fame and his relationship with Kanye West, among other things.
For a lot of us, summer is already half-way over. So, in the spirit of this short but sweet season, we wanted to share a photo collection of some of our favorite artists with their hot girlfriends, wives, baby mamas and much more!
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
In a recent interview with Bulgarian urban media outlet 359HipHop, DMX discussed his legal troubles, Eminem's "Rap God" status, the evolution of the game and his aspiration to eventually become a pastor (not a priest).
It was strange when the tracklist for Old was released, as the album was divided into two different halves, but at first listen it's obvious why: they represent two sides of Danny Brown's multifaceted psyche and personality, as well as the old and the new.
Flavor Flav Says Drake, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar Make "Great Rap Records But It's Not Hip Hop" Aug 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Flavor Flav may not be at the top of his game when it comes to hip-hop, but he's still keeping up with the current cats in the rap game, and in a new interview, provided his honest opinion on the status of hip-hop.
Nothing shows the colossal growth of hip-hop and rap music over the last 40 years than its prevalence in video games. What could only be seen has an odd pairing at best has turned into one of the most successful cross-cultural relationships in entertainment.
Hip-hop was once again up in arms thanks to an Iggy Azalea quote this past week. During an interview with GQ, Iggy Azalea was so bold as to say she "sparked a change and inspired some leniency in what people accept in hip-hop." Hmm...
- Top Tracks Of The Week: March 25 - March 3012 Views0 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Covers Complex2,242 Views0 Comments
- Leaked Images Of Jordan Brand's Summer '15 Lineup1,313 Views0 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Curren$y Announce Joint "#2009" Mixtape3,747 Views0 Comments
- 30 Essential Future Mixtape Tracks4,709 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West, Rihanna & Nicki Minaj Support Launch Of Jay Z's TIDAL Streaming Service5,718 Views0 Comments
- Lollapalooza And Coachella Ban Selfie Sticks7,423 Views37 Comments
- 10 Essential MellowHigh Tracks5,018 Views3 Comments
- Review: Earl Sweatshirt's "I Don't Like Sh*t, I Don't Go Outside"13,840 Views38 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Opens Up About Relationship With Chris Brown29,908 Views44 Comments
- Lil Wayne Performs In Miami, Hands Out "Free Weezy Album" T-Shirts22,854 Views43 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son12,406 Views17 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.19,626 Views36 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"27,629 Views113 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version"2,774 Views8 Comments