There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
The other day we saw Kendrick Lamar's Man of the Year GQ cover. The magazine has dubbed Kendrick Rapper of the Year, and along with the title came an interview with the West Coast MC.
Danny Brown Says Rappers Are Only Co-Signing Miley Cyrus Because They're Trying To Eat Oct 3, 2013 at 12:13pm
Danny Brown represents his home of Detroit to the fullest, so it may not come as a surprise that he gets sensitive when other people try to claim his city.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Logic has come a long way since he dropped his first Frank Sinatra-inspired mixtape, Young, Broke & Infamous, four years ago.
Forbes recently let go their list of the Highest-Earning Celebrity Couples, which Jay Z and Beyonce topped. Now they've released their annual list of Highest Paid Hip-Hop Artists, and while Hov doesn't top this list too, he comes pretty close at #2.
For as long as hip hop has been a part of popular culture, it has been one of the more interactive genres in music. But while most MCs like to make the crowd a part of the show, fans sometimes go to far in trying to get close to their favorite artist.
When hip hop 'It' couple Jay Z and Beyonce recently showed up courtside at the Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat game amidst major controversies. the buzz of the pairs appearance was carried around swiftly.
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
In a recent interview with Bulgarian urban media outlet 359HipHop, DMX discussed his legal troubles, Eminem's "Rap God" status, the evolution of the game and his aspiration to eventually become a pastor (not a priest).
Nothing shows the colossal growth of hip-hop and rap music over the last 40 years than its prevalence in video games. What could only be seen has an odd pairing at best has turned into one of the most successful cross-cultural relationships in entertainment.
Hip-hop was once again up in arms thanks to an Iggy Azalea quote this past week. During an interview with GQ, Iggy Azalea was so bold as to say she "sparked a change and inspired some leniency in what people accept in hip-hop." Hmm...
Listen to Centipede , the new track by Childish Gambino, which was dropped on Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013. Childish Gambino's odds keep getting better with each new leak, and Centipede will undoubtedly improve his chances of winning.
There is no one answer for why some cities get so much love in the hip-hop industry while others producing loads of talent go unnoticed.
- A Look Inside Mark Wahlberg's $100,000 Sneaker Collection0 Views0 Comments
- Pusha T's "King Push" Slated For Spring 2016, Wants To Release "Cruel Summer 2"1,890 Views19 Comments
- Rick Ross Covers The Source 824 Views10 Comments
- Tinashe Covers Dazed Magazine2,541 Views30 Comments
- Drake & Nicki Minaj Are Nominated For TIME Person Of The Year9,486 Views155 Comments
- Adele's Album "25" Went Double Platinum In Three Days16,815 Views215 Comments
- A Complete Guide To This Weekend's Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sneaker Releases1,859 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown Announces New Release Date For “Royalty”20,064 Views69 Comments
- Top Tracks: November 16 - November 2220,281 Views29 Comments
- Pusha T's "Darkest Before Dawn" Release Date Revealed21,446 Views111 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: See Post Malone & Ty Dolla $ign Live At Beer & Tacos ATL2,227 Views3 Comments
- Justin Bieber Breaks Drake/The Beatles' Billboard Record32,163 Views130 Comments
- Eminem's Carhartt Air Jordan 4 Collab Raises Over $225,000 For Charity2,138 Views0 Comments
- How Meek Mill Can Bounce Back From His Summer Slump36,071 Views268 Comments
- Photos: Nicki Minaj, Eve, & Common In "Barbershop: The Next Cut"13,018 Views20 Comments