Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and if you left your card shopping to last minute (cause really, who doesn't?), we've rounded up some hip-hop-themed Valentine's Day cards for you and your girl/boy.
Netflix continues to change the way we consume TV, from first simply offering a method to stream both TV shows and movies online, to later getting into producing original TV series themselves.
Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Hip-hop was once again up in arms thanks to an Iggy Azalea quote this past week. During an interview with GQ, Iggy Azalea was so bold as to say she "sparked a change and inspired some leniency in what people accept in hip-hop." Hmm...
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Jay Z Argues Hip Hop's Positive Impact On Race Relations For Oprah's "Master Class" Jan 5, 2015 at 03:22pm
Whether you acknowledge it or not, Jay Z has made a point of addressing race issues in his music, with his more recent work looking at black affluence, and the problems that persist through wealth and class.
How long does it take for a music genre to get its own museum? About 40 years, apparently. It's been a long time coming, but the Hip Hop Hall Of Fame will finally open its doors to the public in the year 2017.
Logic has come a long way since he dropped his first Frank Sinatra-inspired mixtape, Young, Broke & Infamous, four years ago.
To many fans, rappers are like superheroes. So we thought it might be fun to imagine what it would be like if your favorite rappers actually were caped crusaders or masked avengers.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, but not everyone is flattered when Weird Al Yankovic decides to make their hit song into a caricature.
There is no one answer for why some cities get so much love in the hip-hop industry while others producing loads of talent go unnoticed.
For as long as hip hop has been a part of popular culture, it has been one of the more interactive genres in music. But while most MCs like to make the crowd a part of the show, fans sometimes go to far in trying to get close to their favorite artist.
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
When hip hop 'It' couple Jay Z and Beyonce recently showed up courtside at the Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat game amidst major controversies. the buzz of the pairs appearance was carried around swiftly.
When NBA star basketball player Michael Jordan teamed up with Nike in 1984 and launched his Air Jordan brand the following year, unbeknownst to former Chicago Bulls shooting guard, he was making history.
Music festivals seem to be more popular than ever these days, causing hundreds of thousands of music enthusiast to splurge on passes, fly out of state or even the country, to camp outdoors and soak in live music alongside strangers in borderline unbearable hea
Beefs between rappers in hip hop are nothing new. Through the years we’ve seen infamous rivalries in the rap world, the most prominent being 2Pac and The Notorious B.I.G’s East Coast/West Coast feud and perhaps the Jay Z and Nas New York rap war.
- Kidd Kidd Released From Jail1,677 Views12 Comments
- Diddy Reportedly Preparing "No Way Out 2" As His Final Album3,226 Views14 Comments
- Lil Wayne’s Best Pop Culture References In "FWA"6,518 Views79 Comments
- Nick Young Says Blake Griffin Is 'Too Beige' To Star In The Next Space Jam Movie1,510 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Calls Rick Ross Kidnapping Charges "Bullshit"6,717 Views18 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Was 2 Hours Late To Her Wireless Festival Set6,133 Views14 Comments
- Miguel Believes He Makes "Better Music" Than Frank Ocean9,484 Views96 Comments
- 5 NBA Stars Who Will Have New Homes Next Season3,504 Views0 Comments
- 50 Cent & Diddy's Effen Vs. Ciroc Battle Continues On Instagram17,704 Views61 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Shot A Short Film Starring Skepta & Novelist6,578 Views6 Comments
- Joe Budden Reveals "All Love Lost" Cover Art9,249 Views47 Comments
- Waka Flocka Disses Donald Trump On Twitter33,834 Views61 Comments
- Kanye West Is Reportedly The Lone Feature On The Weeknd's Upcoming Album32,150 Views60 Comments
- Drake Hints Willow Smith Will Appear On "Views From The 6"36,309 Views122 Comments
- Action Bronson Now Selling Personalized Verses, Insults, & Birthday Greetings12,926 Views20 Comments