Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and if you left your card shopping to last minute (cause really, who doesn't?), we've rounded up some hip-hop-themed Valentine's Day cards for you and your girl/boy.
Netflix continues to change the way we consume TV, from first simply offering a method to stream both TV shows and movies online, to later getting into producing original TV series themselves.
Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Hip-hop was once again up in arms thanks to an Iggy Azalea quote this past week. During an interview with GQ, Iggy Azalea was so bold as to say she "sparked a change and inspired some leniency in what people accept in hip-hop." Hmm...
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Jay Z Argues Hip Hop's Positive Impact On Race Relations For Oprah's "Master Class" Jan 5, 2015 at 03:22pm
Whether you acknowledge it or not, Jay Z has made a point of addressing race issues in his music, with his more recent work looking at black affluence, and the problems that persist through wealth and class.
How long does it take for a music genre to get its own museum? About 40 years, apparently. It's been a long time coming, but the Hip Hop Hall Of Fame will finally open its doors to the public in the year 2017.
Andre 3000 has come out of the woodwork for an interview with Hardknock TV as part of the Grammy's interview roll out.
Logic has come a long way since he dropped his first Frank Sinatra-inspired mixtape, Young, Broke & Infamous, four years ago.
To many fans, rappers are like superheroes. So we thought it might be fun to imagine what it would be like if your favorite rappers actually were caped crusaders or masked avengers.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, but not everyone is flattered when Weird Al Yankovic decides to make their hit song into a caricature.
There is no one answer for why some cities get so much love in the hip-hop industry while others producing loads of talent go unnoticed.
For as long as hip hop has been a part of popular culture, it has been one of the more interactive genres in music. But while most MCs like to make the crowd a part of the show, fans sometimes go to far in trying to get close to their favorite artist.
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
When hip hop 'It' couple Jay Z and Beyonce recently showed up courtside at the Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat game amidst major controversies. the buzz of the pairs appearance was carried around swiftly.
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)1,495 Views20 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"3,216 Views11 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest24,372 Views28 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days10,484 Views54 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest17,639 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal19,171 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"8,547 Views27 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"28,423 Views84 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,058 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date57,351 Views212 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)2,547 Views3 Comments
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test5,794 Views23 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"6,596 Views19 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness14,652 Views14 Comments