Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and if you left your card shopping to last minute (cause really, who doesn't?), we've rounded up some hip-hop-themed Valentine's Day cards for you and your girl/boy.
Netflix continues to change the way we consume TV, from first simply offering a method to stream both TV shows and movies online, to later getting into producing original TV series themselves.
Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Hip-hop was once again up in arms thanks to an Iggy Azalea quote this past week. During an interview with GQ, Iggy Azalea was so bold as to say she "sparked a change and inspired some leniency in what people accept in hip-hop." Hmm...
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Jay Z Argues Hip Hop's Positive Impact On Race Relations For Oprah's "Master Class" Jan 5, 2015 at 03:22pm
Whether you acknowledge it or not, Jay Z has made a point of addressing race issues in his music, with his more recent work looking at black affluence, and the problems that persist through wealth and class.
How long does it take for a music genre to get its own museum? About 40 years, apparently. It's been a long time coming, but the Hip Hop Hall Of Fame will finally open its doors to the public in the year 2017.
Andre 3000 has come out of the woodwork for an interview with Hardknock TV as part of the Grammy's interview roll out.
Logic has come a long way since he dropped his first Frank Sinatra-inspired mixtape, Young, Broke & Infamous, four years ago.
To many fans, rappers are like superheroes. So we thought it might be fun to imagine what it would be like if your favorite rappers actually were caped crusaders or masked avengers.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, but not everyone is flattered when Weird Al Yankovic decides to make their hit song into a caricature.
There is no one answer for why some cities get so much love in the hip-hop industry while others producing loads of talent go unnoticed.
For as long as hip hop has been a part of popular culture, it has been one of the more interactive genres in music. But while most MCs like to make the crowd a part of the show, fans sometimes go to far in trying to get close to their favorite artist.
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
When hip hop 'It' couple Jay Z and Beyonce recently showed up courtside at the Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat game amidst major controversies. the buzz of the pairs appearance was carried around swiftly.
When NBA star basketball player Michael Jordan teamed up with Nike in 1984 and launched his Air Jordan brand the following year, unbeknownst to former Chicago Bulls shooting guard, he was making history.
Music festivals seem to be more popular than ever these days, causing hundreds of thousands of music enthusiast to splurge on passes, fly out of state or even the country, to camp outdoors and soak in live music alongside strangers in borderline unbearable hea
- Azealia Banks To Star In RZA-Directed Film "Coco"1,469 Views27 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals2,791 Views0 Comments
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour3,818 Views9 Comments
- Stream Jamie xx's Debut Album, "In Colour"3,894 Views7 Comments
- Happy Birthday Miles: 10 Miles Davis Samples In Hip-Hop6,974 Views4 Comments
- Pusha T Responds To Leaked Track, Calls "King Push" A "Masterpiece"21,871 Views73 Comments
- 5 Producers The Weeknd Should Work With10,872 Views27 Comments
- Juelz Santana & Jadakiss Suggest Benefit Concert For Chinx's Family6,835 Views22 Comments
- Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj Aren't Actually Engaged23,939 Views38 Comments
- Stream The Alchemist's Instrumental Album "Israeli Salad"4,385 Views5 Comments
- Lil B Will Be In Attendance For Game 5 To Personally Curse James Harden4,261 Views0 Comments
- Birdman Pays The IRS $2 Million In Back Taxes11,761 Views31 Comments
- Air Jordan 7 'Championship Pack' Officially Unveiled 2,025 Views0 Comments
- Stream ASAP Rocky's Sophomore Album "At.Long.Last.A$AP"125,967 Views251 Comments
- Stream Boosie Badazz' New Album "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell"29,911 Views58 Comments