Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and if you left your card shopping to last minute (cause really, who doesn't?), we've rounded up some hip-hop-themed Valentine's Day cards for you and your girl/boy.
Netflix continues to change the way we consume TV, from first simply offering a method to stream both TV shows and movies online, to later getting into producing original TV series themselves.
Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Hip-hop was once again up in arms thanks to an Iggy Azalea quote this past week. During an interview with GQ, Iggy Azalea was so bold as to say she "sparked a change and inspired some leniency in what people accept in hip-hop." Hmm...
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Jay Z Argues Hip Hop's Positive Impact On Race Relations For Oprah's "Master Class" Jan 5, 2015 at 03:22pm
Whether you acknowledge it or not, Jay Z has made a point of addressing race issues in his music, with his more recent work looking at black affluence, and the problems that persist through wealth and class.
How long does it take for a music genre to get its own museum? About 40 years, apparently. It's been a long time coming, but the Hip Hop Hall Of Fame will finally open its doors to the public in the year 2017.
Andre 3000 has come out of the woodwork for an interview with Hardknock TV as part of the Grammy's interview roll out.
Logic has come a long way since he dropped his first Frank Sinatra-inspired mixtape, Young, Broke & Infamous, four years ago.
To many fans, rappers are like superheroes. So we thought it might be fun to imagine what it would be like if your favorite rappers actually were caped crusaders or masked avengers.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, but not everyone is flattered when Weird Al Yankovic decides to make their hit song into a caricature.
There is no one answer for why some cities get so much love in the hip-hop industry while others producing loads of talent go unnoticed.
For as long as hip hop has been a part of popular culture, it has been one of the more interactive genres in music. But while most MCs like to make the crowd a part of the show, fans sometimes go to far in trying to get close to their favorite artist.
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
When hip hop 'It' couple Jay Z and Beyonce recently showed up courtside at the Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat game amidst major controversies. the buzz of the pairs appearance was carried around swiftly.
- The Best Of Kanye West At The 2015 VMAs6,689 Views41 Comments
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Candidacy In Wild VMA Speech22,570 Views150 Comments
- Rick Ross Is Dropping New Music Tomorrow13,299 Views58 Comments
- Stream ProbCause's New Album "Drifters"1,162 Views0 Comments
- 10 Essential PARTYNEXTDOOR Tracks15,651 Views47 Comments
- Big Boi Makes Live Debut As "Big Grams" With Phantogram, Says Album Is "Coming Soon"5,059 Views6 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Kanye West's "Late Registration" 4,380 Views32 Comments
- Jay Z Already Deleted His Instagram Account25,610 Views54 Comments
- MTV VMAs: Top Hip-Hop Moments8,428 Views31 Comments
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter25,937 Views60 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 299,790 Views64 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account26,404 Views53 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville57,153 Views70 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA18,759 Views31 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)6,696 Views26 Comments
You may also like...
- Styles P "Other" Video396 Views