It's now been over four months since Bobby Shmurda, Rowdy Rebel and 11 other members of GS9 were arrested and charged with over 100 crimes, ranging from conspiracy to drug possession.
Bobby Shmurda and his GS9 counterparts remain locked up behind bars in NYC, but that’s not stopping the music from getting released.
Bobby Shmurda has been locked up for the last few months, and it's become clear that his label EPIC Records, will not come rushing to his aid the way many, including the rapper himself, assumed.
Earlier today, Bobby Shmurda, Rowdy Rebel and the eleven other GS9 members who were arrested in December all went to the Manhattan Supreme Court for their first hearing since being brought in on 69 different charges.
Bobby Shmurda found overnight success with his video for "Hot Nigga" which spawned a Vine sensation, a dance craze, and plenty of radio play which landed the track a placement in the top 10 of Billboard's Hot 10, and earned Bobby a deal with Epic Records.
NYPD Confiscated 21 Guns From Bobby Shmurda & GS9, Say They're Responsible For 24 Shootings [Update: Official Charges Released] Dec 18, 2014 at 05:10pm
As details continue to emerge in the case of Bobby Shmurda & GS9, it looks even more grim for their chances of getting out of this unscathed.
Bobby Shmurda Allegedly Caught With $52K Worth Of Crack, His Lawyer Says He's Innocent Dec 18, 2014 at 01:23pm
Things are not looking up for Bobby Shmurda and GS9.
Yesterday Bobby Shmurda and his GS9 crew made the news when it was reported that members of the crew and Shmurda were arrrested mid-recording session at New York's famed Quad studios.
What's this? Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel rapping on a Zaytoven beat? Yes, believe it or not, the GS9 rappers' down South influence comes to fruition today with "On My Way," a new track helmed by Rich The Kid and produced by Zay.
Now that the initial rush of "Hot Nigga" freestyles has died down, it's time for people to begin remixing GS9's deep cuts (if a crew with eight songs to their name can indeed even have "deep cuts").
Bobby Shmurda was undoubtedly the biggest breakout story from his GS9 crew this summer, but Rowdy Rebel seems to be hot on his heels. The co-creator of the "Shmoney Dance" was recently featured on Jim Jones' We Own The Night Pt.
Last night, Bobby Shmurda performed at Club Eden in Roselle, NJ. Shortly after the show, around 2 AM, a driver pulling out of the club's parking lot fired two shots.
Philly native Jahlil Beats broke out a few years back when he made some beats for hometown homie Meek Mill, but lately, he's experienced some unprecedented notoriety for a beat he made over two years ago.
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More604 Views5 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"7,758 Views22 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says There Will Be No Features On "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"3,608 Views34 Comments
- Jared Dudley Says Carmelo Anthony Is The Most Overrated Player In The NBA1,858 Views0 Comments
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces7,014 Views33 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample8,613 Views23 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show12,881 Views22 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."16,847 Views25 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Scores First Number One Record33,593 Views140 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For A$AP Rocky & Boosie Badazz22,128 Views147 Comments
- Lil B Is Now Targeting LeBron James And The Cleveland Cavaliers5,397 Views0 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Addresses Rita Ora Lyrics On "A.L.L.A."36,649 Views32 Comments
- NXNE Festival Defends Action Bronson Against Petition Claiming He "Glorifies Rape"5,833 Views19 Comments
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"12,626 Views42 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand5,893 Views0 Comments