It's now been over four months since Bobby Shmurda, Rowdy Rebel and 11 other members of GS9 were arrested and charged with over 100 crimes, ranging from conspiracy to drug possession.
Bobby Shmurda and his GS9 counterparts remain locked up behind bars in NYC, but that’s not stopping the music from getting released.
Bobby Shmurda has been locked up for the last few months, and it's become clear that his label EPIC Records, will not come rushing to his aid the way many, including the rapper himself, assumed.
Earlier today, Bobby Shmurda, Rowdy Rebel and the eleven other GS9 members who were arrested in December all went to the Manhattan Supreme Court for their first hearing since being brought in on 69 different charges.
Bobby Shmurda found overnight success with his video for "Hot Nigga" which spawned a Vine sensation, a dance craze, and plenty of radio play which landed the track a placement in the top 10 of Billboard's Hot 10, and earned Bobby a deal with Epic Records.
NYPD Confiscated 21 Guns From Bobby Shmurda & GS9, Say They're Responsible For 24 Shootings [Update: Official Charges Released] Dec 18, 2014 at 05:10pm
As details continue to emerge in the case of Bobby Shmurda & GS9, it looks even more grim for their chances of getting out of this unscathed.
Bobby Shmurda Allegedly Caught With $52K Worth Of Crack, His Lawyer Says He's Innocent Dec 18, 2014 at 01:23pm
Things are not looking up for Bobby Shmurda and GS9.
Yesterday Bobby Shmurda and his GS9 crew made the news when it was reported that members of the crew and Shmurda were arrrested mid-recording session at New York's famed Quad studios.
What's this? Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel rapping on a Zaytoven beat? Yes, believe it or not, the GS9 rappers' down South influence comes to fruition today with "On My Way," a new track helmed by Rich The Kid and produced by Zay.
Now that the initial rush of "Hot Nigga" freestyles has died down, it's time for people to begin remixing GS9's deep cuts (if a crew with eight songs to their name can indeed even have "deep cuts").
Bobby Shmurda was undoubtedly the biggest breakout story from his GS9 crew this summer, but Rowdy Rebel seems to be hot on his heels. The co-creator of the "Shmoney Dance" was recently featured on Jim Jones' We Own The Night Pt.
Last night, Bobby Shmurda performed at Club Eden in Roselle, NJ. Shortly after the show, around 2 AM, a driver pulling out of the club's parking lot fired two shots.
Philly native Jahlil Beats broke out a few years back when he made some beats for hometown homie Meek Mill, but lately, he's experienced some unprecedented notoriety for a beat he made over two years ago.
- De La Soul Raised Over $600 Thousand On Kickstarter For Their New Album4,328 Views26 Comments
- Barter 6 Producer Wheezy Wants To Work With Lil Wayne19,266 Views53 Comments
- Lyrical Allegiance: Picking Pacquiao/Mayweather Sides Through Song10,175 Views29 Comments
- Turk Files Default Motion After Cash Money Ignores His Lawsuit8,088 Views16 Comments
- Jay Z, Drake & Eminem Are Among Billboard's "Money-Makers" Of 201426,732 Views20 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2nd 6,485 Views14 Comments
- Tyga Reportedly Owes Ex-Landlord Over $120K10,077 Views73 Comments
- Top-10 NFL Sneakerheads680 Views0 Comments
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (April 25 - May 1)10,293 Views6 Comments
- Chief Keef & Lil Durk Are Working On New Music18,639 Views81 Comments
- Killer Mike Pens Op-Ed On Baltimore & Freddie Gray3,597 Views30 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 1)4,145 Views1 Comment
- 10 Worst Fake Jordans Seen On Instagram In April2,597 Views0 Comments
- Yung Joc Arrested In Atlanta13,017 Views51 Comments
- Cam'ron's Mom Throws Shade At Nick Cannon On Instagram16,213 Views13 Comments
You may also like...
- J.Y. Feat. Fetty Wap "Buddy" Video576 Views