Bobby Shmurda and his GS9 counterparts remain locked up behind bars in NYC, but that’s not stopping the music from getting released.
Bobby Shmurda has been locked up for the last few months, and it's become clear that his label EPIC Records, will not come rushing to his aid the way many, including the rapper himself, assumed.
Earlier today, Bobby Shmurda, Rowdy Rebel and the eleven other GS9 members who were arrested in December all went to the Manhattan Supreme Court for their first hearing since being brought in on 69 different charges.
Bobby Shmurda found overnight success with his video for "Hot Nigga" which spawned a Vine sensation, a dance craze, and plenty of radio play which landed the track a placement in the top 10 of Billboard's Hot 10, and earned Bobby a deal with Epic Records.
NYPD Confiscated 21 Guns From Bobby Shmurda & GS9, Say They're Responsible For 24 Shootings [Update: Official Charges Released] Dec 18, 2014 at 05:10pm
As details continue to emerge in the case of Bobby Shmurda & GS9, it looks even more grim for their chances of getting out of this unscathed.
Bobby Shmurda Allegedly Caught With $52K Worth Of Crack, His Lawyer Says He's Innocent Dec 18, 2014 at 01:23pm
Things are not looking up for Bobby Shmurda and GS9.
Yesterday Bobby Shmurda and his GS9 crew made the news when it was reported that members of the crew and Shmurda were arrrested mid-recording session at New York's famed Quad studios.
What's this? Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel rapping on a Zaytoven beat? Yes, believe it or not, the GS9 rappers' down South influence comes to fruition today with "On My Way," a new track helmed by Rich The Kid and produced by Zay.
Now that the initial rush of "Hot Nigga" freestyles has died down, it's time for people to begin remixing GS9's deep cuts (if a crew with eight songs to their name can indeed even have "deep cuts").
Bobby Shmurda was undoubtedly the biggest breakout story from his GS9 crew this summer, but Rowdy Rebel seems to be hot on his heels. The co-creator of the "Shmoney Dance" was recently featured on Jim Jones' We Own The Night Pt.
Last night, Bobby Shmurda performed at Club Eden in Roselle, NJ. Shortly after the show, around 2 AM, a driver pulling out of the club's parking lot fired two shots.
Philly native Jahlil Beats broke out a few years back when he made some beats for hometown homie Meek Mill, but lately, he's experienced some unprecedented notoriety for a beat he made over two years ago.
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 1,037 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?6,264 Views29 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title13,859 Views44 Comments
- First Week Numbers For Action Bronson & Earl Sweatshirt8,202 Views21 Comments
- OVO Is Opening A Pop-Up Store In L.A. 3,983 Views17 Comments
- Forbes' 2015 "Hip-Hop Cash Princes" Include Migos, Young Thug, YG & More10,938 Views32 Comments
- Quiz: Are You Wiz Khalifa Or Ty Dolla $ign?8,834 Views22 Comments
- 10 Rappers We Want To See Live With The Roots2,617 Views14 Comments
- Ciara Shares Artwork For "Jackie"11,974 Views23 Comments
- Top-10 Vines From Monday Night In The NBA807 Views0 Comments
- Migos Announce "Young Rich Nation" Tour With OG Maco3,117 Views12 Comments
- Contest: Win Jarren Benton Tickets + Meet & Greet448 Views3 Comments
- Justin Bieber's Next Album Will Have Production From Kanye West & Rick Rubin9,316 Views38 Comments
- Stream Shlohmo's New Album "Dark Red"2,013 Views5 Comments
- Young Dro Arrested For Theft9,629 Views18 Comments