Drake's Nothing Was The Same has met expectations, and debuted at number one on the Billboard charts this week. The album has sold 658,179 units, which is just slightly more than Drizzy's last project, Take Care, moved in its first week.
The Weeknd's debut major label release has already been certified gold, since being released on November 13th, 2012. The young Toronto r'n'b singer saw early success with his mixtape series, and soon turned the tapes into a whole project released as Trilogy.
J. Cole's Born Sinner continues to see success, after topping Kanye West's album in its second week, the LP has already gone gold. Cole's album has already passed the 500k mark in sales, reaching it before Kanye could. Congrats!
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "The Heist" Goes Gold [Update: Album Goes Platinum] Aug 28, 2013 at 01:21pm
We're not sure if we can still call Macklemore and Ryan Lewis underground anymore-- the duo have now not only gone 5x platinum with their lead single "Thrift Shop" but the album it's off, The Heist, has gone gold as well.
Whether it’s in gold, rose-gold, platinum or diamond-filled, rappers have often spared no expense when it comes to buying their chains. It is by no doubt an important symbol in hip hop that continuously crops up in rap music.
After dropping last December, T.I.'s Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head album has been certified gold, selling 500K copies to date. The album was lead by the Lil Wayne-assisted lead single "Ball", and the moderately successful "Hello", which features Cee-Lo Gr
Drake's "All Me" Goes Gold [Update: "Hold On, We're Going Home" 2x Platinum] Dec 23, 2013 at 10:38am
Drake is no stranger to the plaques at this point. His album is Platinum went platinum only a few weeks after release, and its first two singles, "Started From The Bottom," and "Hold On We're Going Home" have each gone double platinum.
Drake’s already long list of achievements just got a little longer today. The Toronto singer just surpassed 500,000 copies sold for his recent single “Hold On We’re Going Home”, which makes it certified gold.
Trinidad James' break-out single, "All Gold Everything," has finally caught up with its name, having gone gold.
Here's a first for Jay Z. The rapper is looking to get into the fragrance business, and will be launching his very first cologne later in the month, on November 20th.
RIAA Now Includes Audio & Video Song Streams In Gold & Platinum Certification May 9, 2013 at 11:11am
As the music industry continues to adjust to the age of the Internet, The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has announced a new change in their certification of Gold and Platinum awards.
There maybe no new friends, but there will be new plaques. DJ Khaled's hit record, "No New Friends", has officially gone gold.
After lighting up the sneaker world with his exclusive Air Jordan 11 "Pantone" signed by Tinker Hatfield, Usher has finally delivered an encore. The music icon took teaser photos of two 1of1 all-gold Air Jordans.
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine654 Views8 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)3,643 Views10 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL6,903 Views42 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape16,908 Views43 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them4,370 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans3,697 Views6 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)1,325 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack3,547 Views23 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death21,599 Views52 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God6,121 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape12,495 Views60 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album32,598 Views154 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon11,938 Views60 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again7,241 Views28 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations7,318 Views17 Comments