The Weeknd's debut major label release has already been certified gold, since being released on November 13th, 2012. The young Toronto r'n'b singer saw early success with his mixtape series, and soon turned the tapes into a whole project released as Trilogy.
J. Cole's Born Sinner continues to see success, after topping Kanye West's album in its second week, the LP has already gone gold. Cole's album has already passed the 500k mark in sales, reaching it before Kanye could. Congrats!
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "The Heist" Goes Gold [Update: Album Goes Platinum] Aug 28, 2013 at 01:21pm
We're not sure if we can still call Macklemore and Ryan Lewis underground anymore-- the duo have now not only gone 5x platinum with their lead single "Thrift Shop" but the album it's off, The Heist, has gone gold as well.
Drake's Nothing Was The Same has met expectations, and debuted at number one on the Billboard charts this week. The album has sold 658,179 units, which is just slightly more than Drizzy's last project, Take Care, moved in its first week.
After lighting up the sneaker world with his exclusive Air Jordan 11 "Pantone" signed by Tinker Hatfield, Usher has finally delivered an encore. The music icon took teaser photos of two 1of1 all-gold Air Jordans.
Whether it’s in gold, rose-gold, platinum or diamond-filled, rappers have often spared no expense when it comes to buying their chains. It is by no doubt an important symbol in hip hop that continuously crops up in rap music.
Drake's "All Me" Goes Gold [Update: "Hold On, We're Going Home" 2x Platinum] Dec 23, 2013 at 10:38am
Drake is no stranger to the plaques at this point. His album is Platinum went platinum only a few weeks after release, and its first two singles, "Started From The Bottom," and "Hold On We're Going Home" have each gone double platinum.
After dropping last December, T.I.'s Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head album has been certified gold, selling 500K copies to date. The album was lead by the Lil Wayne-assisted lead single "Ball", and the moderately successful "Hello", which features Cee-Lo Gr
Drake’s already long list of achievements just got a little longer today. The Toronto singer just surpassed 500,000 copies sold for his recent single “Hold On We’re Going Home”, which makes it certified gold.
Here's a first for Jay Z. The rapper is looking to get into the fragrance business, and will be launching his very first cologne later in the month, on November 20th.
Trinidad James' break-out single, "All Gold Everything," has finally caught up with its name, having gone gold.
RIAA Now Includes Audio & Video Song Streams In Gold & Platinum Certification May 9, 2013 at 11:11am
As the music industry continues to adjust to the age of the Internet, The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has announced a new change in their certification of Gold and Platinum awards.
There maybe no new friends, but there will be new plaques. DJ Khaled's hit record, "No New Friends", has officially gone gold.
- Rick Ross Is Dropping New Music Tomorrow1,718 Views11 Comments
- Stream ProbCause's New Album "Drifters"528 Views0 Comments
- 10 Essential PARTYNEXTDOOR Tracks7,684 Views27 Comments
- Big Boi Makes Live Debut As "Big Grams" With Phantogram, Says Album Is "Coming Soon"3,158 Views5 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Kanye West's "Late Registration" 2,938 Views30 Comments
- Jay Z Already Deleted His Instagram Account17,872 Views41 Comments
- MTV VMAs: Top Hip-Hop Moments6,133 Views29 Comments
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter21,463 Views52 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 297,978 Views63 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account24,719 Views53 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville53,975 Views65 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA17,294 Views31 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)6,010 Views26 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"28,846 Views124 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"5,711 Views14 Comments