Drake's "All Me" Goes Gold [Update: "Hold On, We're Going Home" 2x Platinum] Dec 23, 2013 at 10:38am
Drake is no stranger to the plaques at this point. His album is Platinum went platinum only a few weeks after release, and its first two singles, "Started From The Bottom," and "Hold On We're Going Home" have each gone double platinum.
Whether it’s in gold, rose-gold, platinum or diamond-filled, rappers have often spared no expense when it comes to buying their chains. It is by no doubt an important symbol in hip hop that continuously crops up in rap music.
After lighting up the sneaker world with his exclusive Air Jordan 11 "Pantone" signed by Tinker Hatfield, Usher has finally delivered an encore. The music icon took teaser photos of two 1of1 all-gold Air Jordans.
Here's a first for Jay Z. The rapper is looking to get into the fragrance business, and will be launching his very first cologne later in the month, on November 20th.
Drake's Nothing Was The Same has met expectations, and debuted at number one on the Billboard charts this week. The album has sold 658,179 units, which is just slightly more than Drizzy's last project, Take Care, moved in its first week.
Drake’s already long list of achievements just got a little longer today. The Toronto singer just surpassed 500,000 copies sold for his recent single “Hold On We’re Going Home”, which makes it certified gold.
After dropping last December, T.I.'s Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head album has been certified gold, selling 500K copies to date. The album was lead by the Lil Wayne-assisted lead single "Ball", and the moderately successful "Hello", which features Cee-Lo Gr
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "The Heist" Goes Gold [Update: Album Goes Platinum] Aug 28, 2013 at 01:21pm
We're not sure if we can still call Macklemore and Ryan Lewis underground anymore-- the duo have now not only gone 5x platinum with their lead single "Thrift Shop" but the album it's off, The Heist, has gone gold as well.
There maybe no new friends, but there will be new plaques. DJ Khaled's hit record, "No New Friends", has officially gone gold.
J. Cole's Born Sinner continues to see success, after topping Kanye West's album in its second week, the LP has already gone gold. Cole's album has already passed the 500k mark in sales, reaching it before Kanye could. Congrats!
The Weeknd's debut major label release has already been certified gold, since being released on November 13th, 2012. The young Toronto r'n'b singer saw early success with his mixtape series, and soon turned the tapes into a whole project released as Trilogy.
RIAA Now Includes Audio & Video Song Streams In Gold & Platinum Certification May 9, 2013 at 11:11am
As the music industry continues to adjust to the age of the Internet, The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has announced a new change in their certification of Gold and Platinum awards.
Trinidad James' break-out single, "All Gold Everything," has finally caught up with its name, having gone gold.
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together0 Views0 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist435 Views6 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Countersued By Former Label1,309 Views9 Comments
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season952 Views0 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Believes Race Played Role In His Overseas Bans1,965 Views17 Comments
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald6,042 Views40 Comments
- Someone Bought That Secret Wu-Tang Album For "Millions"17,603 Views72 Comments
- ASAP Ferg Talks "Huge Smash Song" With Future, Recording For A Week With 4015,815 Views68 Comments
- YG Covers FADER, Opens Up About Night He Was Shot8,944 Views34 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Pusha T's "Darkest Before Dawn"13,277 Views70 Comments
- A Look Inside Mark Wahlberg's $100,000 Sneaker Collection3,966 Views0 Comments
- Pusha T's "King Push" Slated For Spring 2016, Wants To Release "Cruel Summer 2"9,878 Views39 Comments
- Rick Ross Covers The Source 4,007 Views28 Comments
- Tinashe Covers Dazed Magazine7,689 Views47 Comments