Back in May, A$AP Ferg offered up a slick, official remix of Freeway and Girl Talk's track "Suicide," which was originally included on the unlikely duo's Broken Ankles EP.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
We've already seen quite a bit of footage from Coachella this year, in fact, you could stream all the performances from Day 1 and Day 2 if you were unable to attend in person.
Broken Ankles is out now and if you haven't heard, it's that new Freeway/Girl Talk collaborative EP. We posted a song from the EP a little while earlier, it being the track that featured Jadakiss on the track, "I Can Hear Sweat."
Girl Talk, the Swedish producer who can use upwards of hundreds of samples to create entirely new songs, and the rapper Freeway have joined forces for a collaborative EP which will be called Broken Ankles.
After revealing the official artwork and tracklist to their upcoming Broken Ankles EP last week, sample producer Girl Talk, and Freeway decided to debut the first offering off the project with "Tolerated", featuring Waka Flocka.
Freeway & Girl Talk Reveal Artwork, Tracklist & Release Date For "Broken Ankles" EP Mar 25, 2014 at 03:09pm
Producer and mash up artist Girl Talk announced last October that he would be teaming up with one of his "favorite rappers of all time", Freeway on a collaborative EP.
Freeway has been fairly quiet as of late. While he has been known to have prolific outbursts (as evidenced by 2009's underrated Month Of Madness series), we haven't heard a full project from Philly Freezer in a while.
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces4,873 Views30 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample7,286 Views19 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show11,345 Views19 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."14,195 Views25 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Scores First Number One Record29,893 Views127 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For A$AP Rocky & Boosie Badazz19,761 Views133 Comments
- Lil B Is Now Targeting LeBron James And The Cleveland Cavaliers4,809 Views0 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Addresses Rita Ora Lyrics On "A.L.L.A."32,310 Views27 Comments
- NXNE Festival Defends Action Bronson Against Petition Claiming He "Glorifies Rape"5,345 Views19 Comments
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"11,233 Views45 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand5,530 Views0 Comments
- Dizzy Wright's Turn-Up Essentials Playlist2,290 Views8 Comments
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award14,293 Views110 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 12,718 Views35 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour1,556 Views10 Comments
You may also like...
- Yelawolf "Johnny Cash" Video377 Views