Last night, Jeezy surprised us by dropping a new DJ Drama-led mixtape, Gangsta Party. Most surprising about the release were the features Jeezy and Drama compiled on the tape, tapping all the young talent in ATL and beyond.
T-Pain's New Mixtape Will Feature Unheard Aaliyah Vocals [Update: Full Tracklist Revealed] Mar 25, 2015 at 09:58pm
The newly released "Wait a Minute" with OG Maco has us hyped for T-Pain's The Iron Way. After performing a 42 song set at SXSW, he sat down with VIBE and revealed the other features on his upcoming mixtape.
T-Pain is back in a big way. Last night, the rappa ternt sanga (who's now doin' it all) performed a stunning total of 42 songs at The Fader's SXSW showcase, which coincided nicely with the leak of a new song with OG Maco.
DJ Drama Hints That Lil Wayne's "Dedication 6" Will Drop After "Tha Carter V" Feb 2, 2015 at 10:09am
We've only just finished digesting Lil Wayne's Sorry 4 The Wait 2 mixtape, but DJ Drama has alluded that Weezy will bless fans with another mixtape following the release of Tha Carter V, whenever that might be.
Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Back in December, we published an article investigating the "Pulling a Beyoncé" phenomenon, the act of surprise-releasing projects that artists seem to do now more than ever.
Kevin Gates once again drops off an album-quality mixtape, which you can support on iTunes. The special Gangsta Grillz project, Luca Brasi 2, follows up his first acclaimed Luca Brasi Story mixtape from last year.
Childish Gambino Puts EP With Chance The Rapper On Hold, Explains "STN MTN/KAUAI" [Update: Tape Drops] Oct 2, 2014 at 11:20am
Childish Gambino surprised us when he announced he was working on a new mixtape, referencing his native Stone Mountain in the ATL, STN MTN/KAUAI.
Solid Foundation is a special new instalment in DJ Drama's ongoing "Gangsta Grillz" series, brought you to by Migos' Quality Control Music imprint, or simply "QC The Label". Although it was scheduled to drop during Super Bowl VXIII halftime, it was delayed by
DJ Drama is making moves in the industry. The DJ, most famous for his Gangsta Grillz mixtape series that spawned projects from the likes of Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy, has just been appointed to A&R at Atlantic Records.
Similar to T.I. dropping off The Leak with DJ Drama prior to releasing King, Pharrell decided to give us In My Mind (Prequel) before releasing his critically-acclaimed debut album In My Mind in July 2006.
Little Brother, aka Phonte, Big Pooh and 9th Wonder, dropped several mixtape over the course of their existence in the rap game (approx nine years).
- Rick Ross Is Dropping New Music Tomorrow1,114 Views8 Comments
- Stream ProbCause's New Album "Drifters"496 Views0 Comments
- 10 Essential PARTYNEXTDOOR Tracks7,684 Views27 Comments
- Big Boi Makes Live Debut As "Big Grams" With Phantogram, Says Album Is "Coming Soon"3,158 Views5 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Kanye West's "Late Registration" 2,835 Views30 Comments
- Jay Z Already Deleted His Instagram Account17,872 Views41 Comments
- MTV VMAs: Top Hip-Hop Moments6,095 Views29 Comments
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter21,312 Views52 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 297,927 Views63 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account24,661 Views53 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville53,846 Views65 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA17,223 Views31 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)5,997 Views26 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"28,846 Views124 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"5,702 Views14 Comments