There were plenty of talked about moments from Jay Z's Tidal performance last weekend, but the biggest news of all may have been his reunion with Roc-a-fella OG, Beanie Sigel.
Jay Z Brings Out Beanie Sigel, Memphis Bleek, Jeezy & Jay Electronica During "B-Sides" Concert In NYC May 17, 2015 at 04:02pm
New Yorkers (who happen to be TIDAL users) were treated to a historic performance last night (May 16).
Royce Rizzy has been dropping steady heat recently, and today he has blessed us with his newest mixtape PreRolled. The So So Def rapper has historically collabed with some big names -- Iamsu!, Wiz Khalifa, Twista, etc -- but PreRolled is co
DJ Kay Slay continues to keep the posse cuts coming.
About two months ago, Philly native Freeway teamed up with Oakland's The Jacka for their second project as a duo. Entitled Highway Robbery, the album brought together 15 tracks of fiery hip-hop.
DJ Kay Slay continues to feed the e-streets with new music.
Charlie Sloth grabbed two heavy hitters for this week's "Fire In The Booth" freestyle series. Write My Wrongs emcees Freeway & The Jacka trade bars like they've been doing this their entire lives (which they have, by the way).
Back in May, A$AP Ferg offered up a slick, official remix of Freeway and Girl Talk's track "Suicide," which was originally included on the unlikely duo's Broken Ankles EP.
Freeway and The Jacka dropped a joint album entitled Highway Robbery earlier this week, and today they paid a visit to Sway In The Morning in support of the project.
Almost exactly 11 months ago (October 14, 2013), Freeway and The Jacka paired up to present a joint tape entitled Write My Wrongs. Now they return with an official full-length called Highway Robbery.
Just about eleven months ago to the day, Freeway and The Jacka put out Write My Wrongs, a joint tape that featured guest spots by Jahdan Blakkamoore, Husalah, Erk Tha Jerk, Phil Da Agony, Lee Majors, Freddie Gibbs, Jynx, Fed X, Hollow Tip and T-Wayne.
It's been a long minute since we heard from Gillie Da Kid.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Broken Ankles is out now and if you haven't heard, it's that new Freeway/Girl Talk collaborative EP. We posted a song from the EP a little while earlier, it being the track that featured Jadakiss on the track, "I Can Hear Sweat."
Girl Talk, the Swedish producer who can use upwards of hundreds of samples to create entirely new songs, and the rapper Freeway have joined forces for a collaborative EP which will be called Broken Ankles.
After revealing the official artwork and tracklist to their upcoming Broken Ankles EP last week, sample producer Girl Talk, and Freeway decided to debut the first offering off the project with "Tolerated", featuring Waka Flocka.
Freeway & Girl Talk Reveal Artwork, Tracklist & Release Date For "Broken Ankles" EP Mar 25, 2014 at 03:09pm
Producer and mash up artist Girl Talk announced last October that he would be teaming up with one of his "favorite rappers of all time", Freeway on a collaborative EP.
Roc Marciano, Freeway and Knowledge the Pirate all met up one summer's day in New York City to shoot this music video for their collaboration off Roc Marciano's latest album, Marci Beaucoup, which dropped back in December, so obviously these three knew what th
Philly native Young Chris comes through today with a fellow Philly rapper, Freeway, for a joint freestyle. They've gone over Big K.R.I.T.'s "Red Eye" record, which originally appeared on the "4eva N a Day" project.
Check out Cherry Pie, the latest track from Freeway & The Jacka, featuring Freddie Gibbs & Jynx which dropped on Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013.
Give Write My Wrongs a spin - it's the latest tape from Freeway & The Jacka, having dropped on Monday, October 14th, 2013. Freeway & The Jacka's musical situation is improving with every new release, and Write My Wrongs will most definitely help the cause.
Freeway has been fairly quiet as of late. While he has been known to have prolific outbursts (as evidenced by 2009's underrated Month Of Madness series), we haven't heard a full project from Philly Freezer in a while.
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces2,923 Views24 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample5,869 Views16 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show9,992 Views19 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."12,390 Views25 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Scores First Number One Record26,110 Views120 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For A$AP Rocky & Boosie Badazz17,902 Views126 Comments
- Lil B Is Now Targeting LeBron James And The Cleveland Cavaliers4,460 Views0 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Addresses Rita Ora Lyrics On "A.L.L.A."29,235 Views27 Comments
- NXNE Festival Defends Action Bronson Against Petition Claiming He "Glorifies Rape"4,993 Views17 Comments
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"10,668 Views45 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand5,339 Views0 Comments
- Dizzy Wright's Turn-Up Essentials Playlist2,173 Views8 Comments
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award13,727 Views108 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 12,113 Views34 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour1,499 Views10 Comments
You may also like...
- On The Come Up: Kirk Knight1,529 Views