The day Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly came out, Flying Lotus took to twitter to let us know some inside information on the LP.
Back in November, Flying Lotus treated fans at one of his shows to a previously unheard Kendrick Lamar verse, which at the time was rumored to be for his “Eyes Above” record off Lotus’ You’re Dead album.
We first heard Flying Lotus and Kendrick Lamar paired on the latter's You're Dead!!
On his interview with Hot 97 that uploaded to YouTube yesterday morning, Kendrick Lamar said there's "definitely, definitely" going to be a collaboration album with J. Cole.
Last night, Kendrick Lamar, or someone at Interscope, perhaps, released To Pimp a Butterfly a week ahead of its initial March 23 release date. Already the most anticipated album of the year, Kendrick's follow-up to Good Kid, M.A.A.D.
As we learned last year when the producer said Kendrick Lamar "took all of [his] beats," Flying Lotus found a big fan in the L.A. rapper. First linking up for "Never Catch Me" last year, the two L.A.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Flying Lotus has been making brain-melting beats for about a decade now. The LA-based producer lives in the underground, but as the electronic music world has exploded, his music has gained the acclaim of critics and casual music listeners everywhere.
Producer Flying Lotus is awaiting his album's release next week, but before then, he's giving fans a preview of what to expect with a live album stream.
Kendrick Lamar seems to have taken a liking to Flying Lotus. Since he recruited the avant-garde L.A.
After hitting 300,000 followers on Twitter, experimental producer Flying Lotus has released a free compilation of "Ideas+Drafts+Loops" from his hard drive.
Tyler, The Creator & Flying Lotus Put The YouTube Music Awards On Blast [Update: Tyler Explains His Stance] Nov 9, 2013 at 03:30pm
Yesterday, we reported on the list of nominees for the inaugural YouTube Music Awards, which includes artists such as Kendrick Lamar, Eminem and Nicki Minaj.
A Recap Of Kanye West & Kendrick Lamar's Elaborate "Yeezus" Tour Kickoff In Seattle Oct 20, 2013 at 01:10pm
The DONDA creative team have outdone themselves once again. Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar began their highly anticipated "Yeezus" tour in Seattle, Washington last night, and to it describe it as a spectacle would be an understatement.
- Tyler, The Creator, Snoop Dogg, Yelawolf & More To Play Riot Fest75 Views3 Comments
- 10 Essential RL Grime Tracks1,225 Views3 Comments
- John Wall Kicked Off Flight After One Of His Boys Threatened A Passenger1,572 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown: "I Refuse To Be Petty & Attention-Seeking"6,602 Views34 Comments
- Stream Little Simz's "AGE 101: DROP 4" EP593 Views6 Comments
- Text Like Kanye West With The New 'YeBoard App3,762 Views15 Comments
- #TBT: Ludacris1,068 Views7 Comments
- Chance The Rapper's "SURF" Is Complete, Full Of Guest Appearances9,655 Views20 Comments
- Review: A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."14,333 Views155 Comments
- Dwight Howard Says He's 'Still A Champion' After Blowout Loss1,881 Views0 Comments
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More2,301 Views8 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"17,642 Views30 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says There Will Be No Features On "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"7,610 Views58 Comments
- Jared Dudley Says Carmelo Anthony Is The Most Overrated Player In The NBA3,366 Views0 Comments
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces8,572 Views36 Comments