Earlier this week, Flying Lotus introduced us to his new supergroup WOKE, comprised of him, Thundercat, & Shabazz Palaces, with their first single, "The Lavishments of Light Looking" feat. George Clinton.
If you're not familiar with the large catalog of work Flying Lotus and Thundercat have done together under their respective monikers, you've at least heard their contributions to Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly.
The Underachievers are one of Brooklyn's up-and-coming rap groups. They're most recent album Evermore: The Art of Duality was just released this past Friday, and might just be the duo's best work to date.
This year's MTV VMA award show is going down on Sunday, AUgust 30th, and today, the full list of nominees has been announced. View that below.
Whether you've been listening to Thundercat for years or just now hearing his name mentioned alongside Kendrick Lamar's, there is an undeniable mystique about this bassist / singer virtuoso.
Thundercat, bass player, singer, probable musical genius, just released a new EP called The Beyond: Where The Giants Roam.
The day Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly came out, Flying Lotus took to twitter to let us know some inside information on the LP.
Back in November, Flying Lotus treated fans at one of his shows to a previously unheard Kendrick Lamar verse, which at the time was rumored to be for his “Eyes Above” record off Lotus’ You’re Dead album.
We first heard Flying Lotus and Kendrick Lamar paired on the latter's You're Dead!!
On his interview with Hot 97 that uploaded to YouTube yesterday morning, Kendrick Lamar said there's "definitely, definitely" going to be a collaboration album with J. Cole.
Last night, Kendrick Lamar, or someone at Interscope, perhaps, released To Pimp a Butterfly a week ahead of its initial March 23 release date. Already the most anticipated album of the year, Kendrick's follow-up to Good Kid, M.A.A.D.
As we learned last year when the producer said Kendrick Lamar "took all of [his] beats," Flying Lotus found a big fan in the L.A. rapper. First linking up for "Never Catch Me" last year, the two L.A.
After a successful debut, B4.Da.$$, at the beginning of the year, Joey Bada$$ has been relatively quiet. After hearing a track with Houston's Maxo Kream, we now get a leak of Joey's latest, "Perception Vs.
Flying Lotus' "You're Dead" did a good job of representing the many sides of the celebrated producer, digging deeper into the jazz, psychedelic, and rap influences he'd explored on previous releases.
After delivering the serene, glossy track "Medication Meditation" with Krayzie Bone the other day, Flying Lotus decides to drop another track (albeit a very different-sounding one) from the new "Grand Theft Auto V" soundtrack.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
2014 has already seen zooted beatmaker Flying Lotus cross paths with the biggest rappers he's worked with in his career, namely Kendrick Lamar and Snoop Dogg, who both appeared on his recent, mind-blowing opus You're Dead! Now that he's scored some new level
Before his new album You're Dead! dropped, Flying Lotus revealed that he had a ton of collaborations in the bank with Kendrick Lamar. He said at the time, "He took, like, 12, 13 of my tracks, man. I think he recorded all of them, too.
Ready or not, here are Flying Lotus' visuals perfect for Halloween. The producer decides to go an animated route for "Ready Err Not," and the video may take the cake for creepiest hip-hop music video ever. It's so creepy that viewer discretion is advised.
Flying Lotus has been making brain-melting beats for about a decade now. The LA-based producer lives in the underground, but as the electronic music world has exploded, his music has gained the acclaim of critics and casual music listeners everywhere.
Producer Flying Lotus is awaiting his album's release next week, but before then, he's giving fans a preview of what to expect with a live album stream.
Super producer Flying Lotus is getting ready to release his new album, You’re Dead, on October 7th, but before that arrives, he’s got some more promoting to do first.
Earlier this week we got a radio rip of Flying Lotus' new collaboration with Kendrick Lamar "Never Catch Me", which didn't come as too much of a surprise as the producer had previously said that "Kendrick Lamar took all my beats." This particular beat is all
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title3,876 Views52 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit5,946 Views15 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"7,831 Views51 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine7,235 Views128 Comments
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month7,573 Views29 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks7,693 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped55,229 Views191 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 20157,170 Views23 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"19,746 Views151 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments24,329 Views201 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?11,119 Views46 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"3,857 Views18 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama3,695 Views31 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title15,222 Views63 Comments