Flying Lotus' 2014 LP You're Dead! was basically a musical, 21st century version of Dante's "Divine Comedy." A 19-track sojourn through Fly Lo's vision of the afterlife, it is definitely an incredible piece of art and definitely a lot to handle.
Earlier this week, Flying Lotus introduced us to his new supergroup WOKE, comprised of him, Thundercat, & Shabazz Palaces, with their first single, "The Lavishments of Light Looking" feat. George Clinton.
If you're not familiar with the large catalog of work Flying Lotus and Thundercat have done together under their respective monikers, you've at least heard their contributions to Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly.
The Underachievers are one of Brooklyn's up-and-coming rap groups. They're most recent album Evermore: The Art of Duality was just released this past Friday, and might just be the duo's best work to date.
This year's MTV VMA award show is going down on Sunday, AUgust 30th, and today, the full list of nominees has been announced. View that below.
Whether you've been listening to Thundercat for years or just now hearing his name mentioned alongside Kendrick Lamar's, there is an undeniable mystique about this bassist / singer virtuoso.
Thundercat, bass player, singer, probable musical genius, just released a new EP called The Beyond: Where The Giants Roam.
The day Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly came out, Flying Lotus took to twitter to let us know some inside information on the LP.
Back in November, Flying Lotus treated fans at one of his shows to a previously unheard Kendrick Lamar verse, which at the time was rumored to be for his “Eyes Above” record off Lotus’ You’re Dead album.
We first heard Flying Lotus and Kendrick Lamar paired on the latter's You're Dead!!
On his interview with Hot 97 that uploaded to YouTube yesterday morning, Kendrick Lamar said there's "definitely, definitely" going to be a collaboration album with J. Cole.
Last night, Kendrick Lamar, or someone at Interscope, perhaps, released To Pimp a Butterfly a week ahead of its initial March 23 release date. Already the most anticipated album of the year, Kendrick's follow-up to Good Kid, M.A.A.D.
As we learned last year when the producer said Kendrick Lamar "took all of [his] beats," Flying Lotus found a big fan in the L.A. rapper. First linking up for "Never Catch Me" last year, the two L.A.
After a successful debut, B4.Da.$$, at the beginning of the year, Joey Bada$$ has been relatively quiet. After hearing a track with Houston's Maxo Kream, we now get a leak of Joey's latest, "Perception Vs.
Flying Lotus' "You're Dead" did a good job of representing the many sides of the celebrated producer, digging deeper into the jazz, psychedelic, and rap influences he'd explored on previous releases.
After delivering the serene, glossy track "Medication Meditation" with Krayzie Bone the other day, Flying Lotus decides to drop another track (albeit a very different-sounding one) from the new "Grand Theft Auto V" soundtrack.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
2014 has already seen zooted beatmaker Flying Lotus cross paths with the biggest rappers he's worked with in his career, namely Kendrick Lamar and Snoop Dogg, who both appeared on his recent, mind-blowing opus You're Dead! Now that he's scored some new level
Before his new album You're Dead! dropped, Flying Lotus revealed that he had a ton of collaborations in the bank with Kendrick Lamar. He said at the time, "He took, like, 12, 13 of my tracks, man. I think he recorded all of them, too.
Ready or not, here are Flying Lotus' visuals perfect for Halloween. The producer decides to go an animated route for "Ready Err Not," and the video may take the cake for creepiest hip-hop music video ever. It's so creepy that viewer discretion is advised.
Flying Lotus has been making brain-melting beats for about a decade now. The LA-based producer lives in the underground, but as the electronic music world has exploded, his music has gained the acclaim of critics and casual music listeners everywhere.
Producer Flying Lotus is awaiting his album's release next week, but before then, he's giving fans a preview of what to expect with a live album stream.
Super producer Flying Lotus is getting ready to release his new album, You’re Dead, on October 7th, but before that arrives, he’s got some more promoting to do first.
- T.I. On Travi$ Scott: "That Man Is Iggy In A Black Man's Body"4,314 Views34 Comments
- Big K.R.I.T. Says New Project Coming "Very Soon"2,085 Views32 Comments
- Listen To Young Dolph's "Shittin On The Industry" Mixtape5,349 Views18 Comments
- John Legend & Chrissy Teigen Expecting First Child Together2,844 Views35 Comments
- Tracklist Revealed For DJ Khaled’s “I Changed A Lot” Album22,748 Views97 Comments
- Lil Wayne's Ex Karrine Steffans Blasts Him For His Sex Tape Performance94,130 Views247 Comments
- Rich The Kid & ILoveMakonnen To Release "Whip It Up" Mixtape8,639 Views60 Comments
- Future Buys Drake Diamond-Encrusted FBGOVO Ring41,971 Views226 Comments
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2015 Green Carpet Interviews: T-Pain, DeJ, Esco, & More10,553 Views12 Comments
- LeBron James Ends His Deal With McDonald's To Become A Pizza Franchisee14,648 Views0 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign To Release "Airplane Mode" Mixtape Tomorrow9,960 Views33 Comments
- Rihanna Named One Of "The Greats" By NYTimes Style Magazine3,772 Views34 Comments
- Lil Durk & Dej Loaf: "Next Big Hip-Hop Couple"29,066 Views68 Comments
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2015 Cypher To Feature Vince Staples, Redman, & More28,225 Views144 Comments