Thundercat, bass player, singer, probable musical genius, just released a new EP called The Beyond: Where The Giants Roam.
The day Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly came out, Flying Lotus took to twitter to let us know some inside information on the LP.
Back in November, Flying Lotus treated fans at one of his shows to a previously unheard Kendrick Lamar verse, which at the time was rumored to be for his “Eyes Above” record off Lotus’ You’re Dead album.
We first heard Flying Lotus and Kendrick Lamar paired on the latter's You're Dead!!
On his interview with Hot 97 that uploaded to YouTube yesterday morning, Kendrick Lamar said there's "definitely, definitely" going to be a collaboration album with J. Cole.
Last night, Kendrick Lamar, or someone at Interscope, perhaps, released To Pimp a Butterfly a week ahead of its initial March 23 release date. Already the most anticipated album of the year, Kendrick's follow-up to Good Kid, M.A.A.D.
As we learned last year when the producer said Kendrick Lamar "took all of [his] beats," Flying Lotus found a big fan in the L.A. rapper. First linking up for "Never Catch Me" last year, the two L.A.
After a successful debut, B4.Da.$$, at the beginning of the year, Joey Bada$$ has been relatively quiet. After hearing a track with Houston's Maxo Kream, we now get a leak of Joey's latest, "Perception Vs.
Flying Lotus' "You're Dead" did a good job of representing the many sides of the celebrated producer, digging deeper into the jazz, psychedelic, and rap influences he'd explored on previous releases.
After delivering the serene, glossy track "Medication Meditation" with Krayzie Bone the other day, Flying Lotus decides to drop another track (albeit a very different-sounding one) from the new "Grand Theft Auto V" soundtrack.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
2014 has already seen zooted beatmaker Flying Lotus cross paths with the biggest rappers he's worked with in his career, namely Kendrick Lamar and Snoop Dogg, who both appeared on his recent, mind-blowing opus You're Dead! Now that he's scored some new level
Before his new album You're Dead! dropped, Flying Lotus revealed that he had a ton of collaborations in the bank with Kendrick Lamar. He said at the time, "He took, like, 12, 13 of my tracks, man. I think he recorded all of them, too.
Ready or not, here are Flying Lotus' visuals perfect for Halloween. The producer decides to go an animated route for "Ready Err Not," and the video may take the cake for creepiest hip-hop music video ever. It's so creepy that viewer discretion is advised.
Flying Lotus has been making brain-melting beats for about a decade now. The LA-based producer lives in the underground, but as the electronic music world has exploded, his music has gained the acclaim of critics and casual music listeners everywhere.
Producer Flying Lotus is awaiting his album's release next week, but before then, he's giving fans a preview of what to expect with a live album stream.
Super producer Flying Lotus is getting ready to release his new album, You’re Dead, on October 7th, but before that arrives, he’s got some more promoting to do first.
Earlier this week we got a radio rip of Flying Lotus' new collaboration with Kendrick Lamar "Never Catch Me", which didn't come as too much of a surprise as the producer had previously said that "Kendrick Lamar took all my beats." This particular beat is all
Super producer Flying Lotus is getting ready to release his new album, You’re Dead, on October 7th, but before he does, he’s got some promoting to do first. Tonight, he’s given the LA Leakers the green light to premiere his new single “Never Catch Me�
Kendrick Lamar seems to have taken a liking to Flying Lotus. Since he recruited the avant-garde L.A.
Good Times is the latest offering from Black Jungle Squad representative Jeremiah Jae, featuring guest appearances from Isreal, Tre, FABLE, Beanz Da Poet and Oliver the 2nd, with production from the latter, Lord Raja, Jonwayne, Knxwledge and more.
After hitting 300,000 followers on Twitter, experimental producer Flying Lotus has released a free compilation of "Ideas+Drafts+Loops" from his hard drive.
Tyler, The Creator & Flying Lotus Put The YouTube Music Awards On Blast [Update: Tyler Explains His Stance] Nov 9, 2013 at 03:30pm
Yesterday, we reported on the list of nominees for the inaugural YouTube Music Awards, which includes artists such as Kendrick Lamar, Eminem and Nicki Minaj.
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"9,522 Views61 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"13,833 Views44 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight938 Views2 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"1,403 Views7 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"21,081 Views136 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall3,042 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"7,249 Views57 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram22,633 Views62 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"2,301 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)5,282 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney7,151 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music9,447 Views28 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"17,758 Views46 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast13,150 Views3 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon15,978 Views36 Comments
You may also like...