At 23 years old, South Florida's J.R. is poised to make big moves this year. Part of the South$ide Sounds indie collective, he drops his "Slums Of The City" video with us, gearing up for the release of his first full-length project this summer.
Jay Electronica has been popping up more frequently this year than in recent memory, giving selective rappers a new verse and performing alongside Common for his "Nobody's Smiling" tour. We even saw him in the studio with No I.D.
HotNewHipHop's On The Come Up series profiles rising stars in the rap game that show strong promise and the will to succeed. Most of the time, they're new to the site but deserve some shine.
Jay Z brought his "Magna Carta Holy Grail" Tour to Sunrise,Florida yesterday, and since he was there he brought out his collaborator and Florida native Rick Ross to perform "FuckWithMeYouKnowIGotIt." We've only got some fan-made footage as of now, but check it
Give 850 (Sh!T T-Mix) a spin - it's a new offering from T-Pain. It was dropped on Thursday, January 2nd, 2014. T-Pain's rap artistry continues to improve with every release, something which is most definitely evidenced on 850 (Sh!T T-Mix).
"Don't Wanna Leave", produced by D Smoove, is the latest joint from rising Floridian producer/singer/songwriter Shad Star. Shout-out to DJ Nasty for the plug. Quotable Lyrics "The pussy's good, it's got me stuck in the moment, and I don't wanna leave."
Listen to Make A Way, the new track by Webbz featuring Cam'ron which was dropped on Sunday, September 15th, 2013. Webbz's odds keep getting better with each new leak, and Make A Way will undoubtedly improve his chances of winning.
In Tallahassee yesterday, veteran rapper Talib Kweli joined the ongoing sit-in protests at the Florida Capitol.
This afternoon we received a new banger from Rick Ross, "I Wonder Why," in which he raps about the 'Stand Your Ground' law, in somewhat of an ode to Trayvon Martin.
Rumors Circulate That Kanye West, Alicia Keys, Wale & More Join Stevie Wonder's Boycott Of Florida [Update: List Largely Discredited] Jul 24, 2013 at 09:55am
The death of Trayvon Martin, and the not-guilty verdict for his killer, George Zimmerman, continues to divide people and spark controversy. Recently 100 rallies were held across the U.S., seeking justice for Trayvon.
We've heard from many rappers already about how the felt after George Zimmerman was found not guilty in the case investigating the death of Florida teen, Trayvon Martin.
- Classic Rotation: Common's "Be"1,423 Views14 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Is Given Acid By Makonnen, Proceeds To Have Sex With Nine Women41,481 Views93 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shoots "Alright" Video In The Bay10,819 Views51 Comments
- Juicy J Rushed To Hospital In San Francisco27,392 Views51 Comments
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday3,915 Views20 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity8,997 Views54 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend13,179 Views15 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season4,093 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2317,425 Views20 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums8,200 Views16 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 974,897 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs144,730 Views210 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine10,328 Views47 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)8,025 Views12 Comments
You may also like...
- André DeSaint "Work For Me" Video846 Views