At 23 years old, South Florida's J.R. is poised to make big moves this year. Part of the South$ide Sounds indie collective, he drops his "Slums Of The City" video with us, gearing up for the release of his first full-length project this summer.
Jay Electronica has been popping up more frequently this year than in recent memory, giving selective rappers a new verse and performing alongside Common for his "Nobody's Smiling" tour. We even saw him in the studio with No I.D.
HotNewHipHop's On The Come Up series profiles rising stars in the rap game that show strong promise and the will to succeed. Most of the time, they're new to the site but deserve some shine.
Jay Z brought his "Magna Carta Holy Grail" Tour to Sunrise,Florida yesterday, and since he was there he brought out his collaborator and Florida native Rick Ross to perform "FuckWithMeYouKnowIGotIt." We've only got some fan-made footage as of now, but check it
Give 850 (Sh!T T-Mix) a spin - it's a new offering from T-Pain. It was dropped on Thursday, January 2nd, 2014. T-Pain's rap artistry continues to improve with every release, something which is most definitely evidenced on 850 (Sh!T T-Mix).
"Don't Wanna Leave", produced by D Smoove, is the latest joint from rising Floridian producer/singer/songwriter Shad Star. Shout-out to DJ Nasty for the plug. Quotable Lyrics "The pussy's good, it's got me stuck in the moment, and I don't wanna leave."
Listen to Make A Way, the new track by Webbz featuring Cam'ron which was dropped on Sunday, September 15th, 2013. Webbz's odds keep getting better with each new leak, and Make A Way will undoubtedly improve his chances of winning.
In Its Fourth Week, Talib Kweli Joins "Stand Your Ground Protest" In Florida Aug 9, 2013 at 06:25 PM
In Tallahassee yesterday, veteran rapper Talib Kweli joined the ongoing sit-in protests at the Florida Capitol.
This afternoon we received a new banger from Rick Ross, "I Wonder Why," in which he raps about the 'Stand Your Ground' law, in somewhat of an ode to Trayvon Martin.
Rumors Circulate That Kanye West, Alicia Keys, Wale & More Join Stevie Wonder's Boycott Of Florida [Update: List Largely Discredited] Jul 24, 2013 at 09:55 AM
The death of Trayvon Martin, and the not-guilty verdict for his killer, George Zimmerman, continues to divide people and spark controversy. Recently 100 rallies were held across the U.S., seeking justice for Trayvon.
We've heard from many rappers already about how the felt after George Zimmerman was found not guilty in the case investigating the death of Florida teen, Trayvon Martin.
- Lil Wayne Joins Instagram8,410 Views31 Comments
- TBT: The Roots1,542 Views2 Comments
- Dame Dash Confirms He And Kanye West Are Buying Karmaloop13,488 Views31 Comments
- Yung Gleesh Reportedly Charged With Sexual Assault [Update: He's Been Arrested]13,779 Views39 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Will Never Release The Song From His Colbert Performance19,268 Views95 Comments
- Ludacris' Best Punchlines5,199 Views20 Comments
- Dr. Dre Wants To "Inspire" People With "Straight Outta Compton" Biopic5,189 Views31 Comments
- The Weeknd Now A Coachella Headliner4,440 Views19 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Action Bronson1,228 Views10 Comments
- 10 Most Expensive Nike Air Maxes At Flight Club Right Now1,318 Views0 Comments
- iLoveMakonnen's Essential "Drink More Water" Cuts5,908 Views17 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Explains Rakim Influence On Sophomore Album Title8,348 Views27 Comments
- Stream Ducko McFli's & Jace's New EP "Dreams"1,138 Views4 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: March 26 (Action Bronson Edition)1,056 Views3 Comments
- T-Pain's New Mixtape Will Feature Unheard Aaliyah Vocals [Update: Full Tracklist Revealed]17,961 Views58 Comments