Yesterday, we learned that Kanye West would be making an appearance in the upcoming sequel to one of Ben Stiller's best-loved movies: "Zoolander." It won't be the first time Mr.
Kid Cudi Talks Playing A Gay Character In "James White", Cut Kissing Scenes Jan 25, 2015 at 12:16 PM
While Cudi has seemingly been keeping a low profile from a public standpoint, it turns out he's been working hard on both acting and music in over the last year.
Kendrick Lamar's debut album, despite being just over two years old, is well on its way to becoming certified classic rap material. The Compton native's story-telling and concept intertwining the entire project gave the album a vivid sense of reality.
As an actor, T.I. already has a stellar resumé that includes roles in "ATL," "American Gangster" and "Identity Thief," as well as his several stints in the reality TV world.
Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg solidified their status as stoner buddies by filming the stoner buddy comedy, "Mac & Devin Go To High School" in 2012. The movie came complete with a full original soundtrack from the multi-generational pot enthusiasts.
Lil Eazy E Disappointed He Will Not Appear In NWA Biopic [Update: Lil Eazy E Is Coaching The Actor Playing His Father] Jul 3, 2014 at 04:55 PM
Man, it's difficult to make a rap music biopic.
Things aren't getting any better for Lifetime's upcoming Aaliyah biopic.
50 Cent has some experience in film and television at this point. From his acting debut in Get Rich Or Die Tryin', to his executive production on new Starz crime drama, Power, Fif is finding his way into the film industry.
The new documentary, "Time Is Illmatic", which focuses on the influence and making of Nas' seminal debut album, has been given an October theatrical release courtesy of Tribeca.
On paper, recording a song for a film soundtrack is considered the ultimate form of selling out. The music itself is literally used as promotional material for a larger product.
50 Cent stays busy in multiple lanes. When he's not working on music for Animal Ambition and possibly Street King Immortal, he's kept himself busy with roles in TV production, and motion pictures as well.
It appears that Rihanna has been casted as a voice actor in the upcoming animated film "Home". To coincide with that, RiRi will also release a concept album based on the film as well, according to Variety.
Andre 3000 was cast as Jimi Hendrix in the upcoming biopic, Jimi: All Is By My Side some time ago, and the film is finally ready to make its debut on U.S. soil. The film will screen at this year's SXSW festival, which runs March 3-15 in Austin Texas.
You read it right, folks. Brian Daniel Carenard, AKA New York emcee Saigon, is in the process of shooting an independent "mini-movie" titled SP, starring Omar Epps and fellow NYC spitter Papoose. The Suburban Noize Records / Fort Knocks Ent.
Ice Cube definitely has some big things lined up for 2014. Apart from promoting his new comedy with Kevin Hart, "Ride Along," he's got a new album to work on and he's producing for the N.W.A film titled "Straight Outta Compton."
The inspiration rappers draw from mob films can't be denied. Flicks such as The Godfather, King Of New York, Casino, Goodfellas and Scarface have helped shape the persona of many of your favorite emcees.
Nas To Executive Produce & Provide New Music For Upcoming B-Boy Documentary Nov 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM
It looks like we'll be hearing new music from Nas in the near future, thanks in part to a dance documentary the rapper will be executive producing.
Film Director Guillermo Del Toro Praises Kanye West, Expresses Interest In Working With Him Nov 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM
In a recent interview with The Daily Beast, Mexican film director Guillermo Del Toro (who's responsible for such films as Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth, Blade II and Pacific Rim), expressed his admiration for Kanye West and revealed that they plan on collaborating
Kanye West Has Patented His Seven Screen "Immersive Audio/Video Experience" Oct 30, 2013 at 06:19 PM
You may remember the exclusive screening of Kanye West's Cruel Summer film at 2012's Cannes Film Festival. The screening took place in a custom-made 7 screen theatre, designed with New York architecture firm OMA, and designer Shohei Shigematsu.
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son1,087 Views5 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.2,774 Views15 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"16,628 Views84 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version"1,827 Views7 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 641 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery5,315 Views23 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"4,370 Views19 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue7,558 Views20 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 12,855 Views28 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way16,662 Views80 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 2810,038 Views48 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month7,653 Views21 Comments
- Six Kendrick Lamar Songs Make Billboard's Hot 10011,233 Views94 Comments
- A$AP Mob Sued For Injuring Fan While Crowd Surfing 5,348 Views32 Comments
- The Game & DeJ Loaf Shoot "Ambitionz Of A Rida" Video6,118 Views22 Comments