Today marks the one year anniversary of Michael Brow's death at the hands of Office Darren Wilson in Ferguson, MO.
Filmmaker, writer, and social critic dream hampton (who writes her name in all lowercase) took to social media to defend Jay Z and Beyonce against claims that the couple has remained silent in the midst of protests in Ferguson and Baltimore.
We've seen quite a few rappers do their part by paying tribute to police brutality victim Mike Brown on record, as well as participating in local protests, but only a select few have made it out to Ferguson -- the location of the tragic shooting -- to show the
It's no secret that Nas cares deeply about the "Black Lives Matter" movement that's risen in the wake of Michael Brown and Eric Garner's murders, as he was out protesting with Russell Simmons in NYC on Saturday.
The aftermath and backlash resulting from the two unjust verdicts for both Eric Garner and Mike Brown continues today, as rapper Styles P unleashes his thoughts on wax with "White Niggaz." A lot of rappers have addressed police brutality and the grand jury dec
It's been a difficult week following the grand jury's decision not to indict police officer Darren Wilson for the shooting of Mike Brown.
Two legendary forces in hip-hop connect today to deliver a socially conscious anthem over a funky soundtrack, "The People." Chuck D encourages everyone to come together in face of society's ills, a message that seems especially relevant in the wake of the prot
B.o.B just wrapped up his tour with Kevin Gates, the "No Genre" tour, and before wrapping it up our dude Baker got to chop it up with the rapper.
In addition to visiting The Breakfast Club the other day, Rick Ross stopped by Hot 97 to talk to Laura Stylez. The Bawse spoke on why he decided to drop his album just eight months after Mastermind, his weight loss and getting Khaled on the RossFit tip.
Chance The Rapper dropped off a new single with The Social Experiment on Tuesday, "Sunday Candy," getting the ball rolling for his forthcoming project with his band Surf.
The streets of Ferguson are in an uproar tonight after a grand jury determined that Darren Wilson, the police officer who shot unarmed teenager Mike Brown to death in August, would not be facing criminal charges for his actions. Wilson, who is white, became
On Friday, Big Sean surprised us all by dumping four new tracks on us out of the blue, pairing with big names like DJ Mustard, E-40 and Kanye West to shut down the internet for a few hours.
Dizzy Wright and singer Nikkiya have joined forces for a music video for the introspective and conscious record "I Need Answers." Dizzy originally dropped the track in wake of the Ferguson drama and Michael Brown's death.
Mark Battles came to visit New York the other week, and while he was around we decided to recruit him to film a new episode of Word On The Street, this one tackling more serious subject matter, especially compared to last week's hysterical reaction to Nicki Mi
Following the tragic killing of 18-year-old Micheal Brown, Ferguson has been in disarray. Citizens of the town have been fighting for justice, and while their protests have generally been met with excessive force from police, the uprising has been inspiring.
Just days after releasing his heartfelt tribute to fallen teenager Mike Brown, J. Cole has paid a visit to Ferguson, MO, to commemorate the victim at the scene of his shooting.
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"163 Views0 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness1,146 Views1 Comment
- French Montana "Mac And Cheese: The Album" Release Date Revealed1,174 Views13 Comments
- 3 Takeaways From Jay Rock's "90059" Listening Party2,536 Views18 Comments
- Miami Heat Owner Hints At Possible 'South Beach' Inspired Jerseys For Next Season1,222 Views0 Comments
- Omarion Enlists Nic Nac, James Fauntleroy & More For "Reasons"2,467 Views11 Comments
- Top 5 Lil Wayne Verses On Hot Boys' Songs4,610 Views21 Comments
- Kirk Knight Announces Debut Album, "Late Knight Special"2,071 Views10 Comments
- Stream The Weeknd's New Album "Beauty Behind The Madness"20,846 Views91 Comments
- A Man On Facebook Is Looking To Trade His Yeezy Boosts For A Functioning Kidney12,882 Views0 Comments
- Nicki Minaj To Perform At 2015 MTV VMAs 5,121 Views38 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast's "ATLiens"3,968 Views20 Comments
- Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger Kings34,267 Views88 Comments
- Adidas And Derrick Rose Officially Unveil His New Signature Sneaker, The D Rose 63,972 Views0 Comments
- Tinashe Collaborates With Boi-1da, Travi$ Scott, Hit-Boy & More For New Album10,876 Views36 Comments