The Nightly Show has gotten plenty of rappers like Joey Bada$$, The Game, and Mac Miller to come in and talk about controversial social and political issues, particularly those pertaining to race.
Recently over in Europe for Paris Fashion Week, Travi$ Scott sat down with French publication Clique for an illuminating interview in which he discussed Ferguson, Rodeo, and his general life philosophy.
Today marks the one year anniversary of Michael Brow's death at the hands of Office Darren Wilson in Ferguson, MO.
Filmmaker, writer, and social critic dream hampton (who writes her name in all lowercase) took to social media to defend Jay Z and Beyonce against claims that the couple has remained silent in the midst of protests in Ferguson and Baltimore.
We've seen quite a few rappers do their part by paying tribute to police brutality victim Mike Brown on record, as well as participating in local protests, but only a select few have made it out to Ferguson -- the location of the tragic shooting -- to show the
It's no secret that Nas cares deeply about the "Black Lives Matter" movement that's risen in the wake of Michael Brown and Eric Garner's murders, as he was out protesting with Russell Simmons in NYC on Saturday.
The aftermath and backlash resulting from the two unjust verdicts for both Eric Garner and Mike Brown continues today, as rapper Styles P unleashes his thoughts on wax with "White Niggaz." A lot of rappers have addressed police brutality and the grand jury dec
It's been a difficult week following the grand jury's decision not to indict police officer Darren Wilson for the shooting of Mike Brown.
Two legendary forces in hip-hop connect today to deliver a socially conscious anthem over a funky soundtrack, "The People." Chuck D encourages everyone to come together in face of society's ills, a message that seems especially relevant in the wake of the prot
B.o.B just wrapped up his tour with Kevin Gates, the "No Genre" tour, and before wrapping it up our dude Baker got to chop it up with the rapper.
In addition to visiting The Breakfast Club the other day, Rick Ross stopped by Hot 97 to talk to Laura Stylez. The Bawse spoke on why he decided to drop his album just eight months after Mastermind, his weight loss and getting Khaled on the RossFit tip.
Chance The Rapper dropped off a new single with The Social Experiment on Tuesday, "Sunday Candy," getting the ball rolling for his forthcoming project with his band Surf.
The streets of Ferguson are in an uproar tonight after a grand jury determined that Darren Wilson, the police officer who shot unarmed teenager Mike Brown to death in August, would not be facing criminal charges for his actions. Wilson, who is white, became
On Friday, Big Sean surprised us all by dumping four new tracks on us out of the blue, pairing with big names like DJ Mustard, E-40 and Kanye West to shut down the internet for a few hours.
Dizzy Wright and singer Nikkiya have joined forces for a music video for the introspective and conscious record "I Need Answers." Dizzy originally dropped the track in wake of the Ferguson drama and Michael Brown's death.
Mark Battles came to visit New York the other week, and while he was around we decided to recruit him to film a new episode of Word On The Street, this one tackling more serious subject matter, especially compared to last week's hysterical reaction to Nicki Mi
Following the tragic killing of 18-year-old Micheal Brown, Ferguson has been in disarray. Citizens of the town have been fighting for justice, and while their protests have generally been met with excessive force from police, the uprising has been inspiring.
Just days after releasing his heartfelt tribute to fallen teenager Mike Brown, J. Cole has paid a visit to Ferguson, MO, to commemorate the victim at the scene of his shooting.
- Stream Erykah Badu's "But You Caint Use My Phone"1 View0 Comments
- Rick Ross Reveals Tracklist For “Renzel Remixes”16,819 Views55 Comments
- Review: Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"9,280 Views24 Comments
- Top 5 Things That Sneakerheads Are Thankful For854 Views0 Comments
- Jahlil Okafor Scuffles With A Heckler In Boston5,727 Views0 Comments
- #TBT: Chris Brown's Smash Singles13,885 Views34 Comments
- Lil Wayne's "No Ceilings 2" Tracklist Revealed200,042 Views350 Comments
- Beyoncé Is Putting Out A Line Of Streetwear8,274 Views11 Comments
- A HotNewHipHop Thanksgiving: 10 Things We're Thankful For7,672 Views40 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Debuted Another New Record The Other Night18,502 Views59 Comments
- Lil Wayne Being Sued By Trukfit Model For Using Her Image On T-Shirt27,110 Views80 Comments
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"13,240 Views150 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"5,993 Views30 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th14,993 Views36 Comments