Filmmaker, writer, and social critic dream hampton (who writes her name in all lowercase) took to social media to defend Jay Z and Beyonce against claims that the couple has remained silent in the midst of protests in Ferguson and Baltimore.
We've seen quite a few rappers do their part by paying tribute to police brutality victim Mike Brown on record, as well as participating in local protests, but only a select few have made it out to Ferguson -- the location of the tragic shooting -- to show the
It's no secret that Nas cares deeply about the "Black Lives Matter" movement that's risen in the wake of Michael Brown and Eric Garner's murders, as he was out protesting with Russell Simmons in NYC on Saturday.
The aftermath and backlash resulting from the two unjust verdicts for both Eric Garner and Mike Brown continues today, as rapper Styles P unleashes his thoughts on wax with "White Niggaz." A lot of rappers have addressed police brutality and the grand jury dec
It's been a difficult week following the grand jury's decision not to indict police officer Darren Wilson for the shooting of Mike Brown.
Two legendary forces in hip-hop connect today to deliver a socially conscious anthem over a funky soundtrack, "The People." Chuck D encourages everyone to come together in face of society's ills, a message that seems especially relevant in the wake of the prot
B.o.B just wrapped up his tour with Kevin Gates, the "No Genre" tour, and before wrapping it up our dude Baker got to chop it up with the rapper.
In addition to visiting The Breakfast Club the other day, Rick Ross stopped by Hot 97 to talk to Laura Stylez. The Bawse spoke on why he decided to drop his album just eight months after Mastermind, his weight loss and getting Khaled on the RossFit tip.
Chance The Rapper dropped off a new single with The Social Experiment on Tuesday, "Sunday Candy," getting the ball rolling for his forthcoming project with his band Surf.
The streets of Ferguson are in an uproar tonight after a grand jury determined that Darren Wilson, the police officer who shot unarmed teenager Mike Brown to death in August, would not be facing criminal charges for his actions. Wilson, who is white, became
On Friday, Big Sean surprised us all by dumping four new tracks on us out of the blue, pairing with big names like DJ Mustard, E-40 and Kanye West to shut down the internet for a few hours.
Dizzy Wright and singer Nikkiya have joined forces for a music video for the introspective and conscious record "I Need Answers." Dizzy originally dropped the track in wake of the Ferguson drama and Michael Brown's death.
Mark Battles came to visit New York the other week, and while he was around we decided to recruit him to film a new episode of Word On The Street, this one tackling more serious subject matter, especially compared to last week's hysterical reaction to Nicki Mi
Following the tragic killing of 18-year-old Micheal Brown, Ferguson has been in disarray. Citizens of the town have been fighting for justice, and while their protests have generally been met with excessive force from police, the uprising has been inspiring.
Just days after releasing his heartfelt tribute to fallen teenager Mike Brown, J. Cole has paid a visit to Ferguson, MO, to commemorate the victim at the scene of his shooting.
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark3,872 Views22 Comments
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"8,752 Views40 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece23,331 Views41 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 233,122 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Dr. Dre "2Nite" Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih Leak40,969 Views107 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Common's "Be"3,014 Views16 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Is Given Acid By Makonnen, Proceeds To Have Sex With Nine Women71,715 Views116 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shoots "Alright" Video In The Bay17,485 Views54 Comments
- Juicy J Rushed To Hospital In San Francisco40,183 Views52 Comments
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday4,704 Views16 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity10,206 Views53 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend15,545 Views17 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season4,398 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2319,055 Views20 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums9,146 Views16 Comments
You may also like...
- André DeSaint "Work For Me" Video891 Views