Lil Wayne has seen himself involved in lots of controversy over the last few months, and none gained him more infamy than his Emmett Till line on "Karate Chop." Now Weezy has changed the lyrics, and apologized to the Till family.
Lil Wayne came under serious heat after his insensitive Emmitt Till line on Future's hit single "Karate Chop," which lead to Weezy being dropped from several sponsorships and having to do serious PR work and apologize to fans and the Till family. T.I.
Future Explains How Lil Wayne Helped Shed Light On Emmett Till In Positive Way May 14, 2013 at 11:53am
The Emmett Till controversy surrounding Lil Wayne's lyric in "Karate Chop (Remix)" has almost come to a close. Mountain Dew and Till's family sat down for a pro-active conversation on the incident last week, after Mountain Dew announced that Lil Wayne had bee
PepsiCo To Meet With Emmett Till's Family To Discuss Lil Wayne Controversy [Update: Statement Released Following Meeting] May 8, 2013 at 04:46pm
The whole debacle between Lil Wayne, Emmett Till's family, and Mountain Dew may turn out to be a teaching moment for the rest of America, at least, that's what Al Sharpton hopes for.
Mountain Dew Drops Lil Wayne Over Emmett Till Line [Update: Till Family Reacts To Drop] May 4, 2013 at 12:44pm
It seems as though Lil Wayne's recent apology for his crude reference to Emmett Till on "Karate Chop (remix)" was not good enough for his sponsors. Lil Wayne and PepsiCo have officially parted ways.
Lil Wayne Issues Apology To Emmett Till Family Over Lyric [Update: Till Family Does Not Accept It] May 2, 2013 at 10:02am
Lil Wayne received a lot of criticism within the hip-hop community and outside of it for his reference to Emmett Till in Future's "Karate Chop (Remix)." Although it seemed like we'd never get an official apology from Weezy (but his record label did issue one)
The family of Emmett Till were very upset when Lil Wayne referenced Till very tastelessly on the "Karate Chop (Remix)".
Talib Kweli recently gave his opinion on Rick Ross' "U.O.E.N.O." lyrics, saying that Ross' apology for the date rape lyrics was unacceptable. Now the socially conscious rapper has once again called out a mainstream rapper for questionable lyrics.
Lil Wayne’s recent Emmett Till reference has drawn a lot of attention and negative feedback as even Till’s family has issued a statement with their disappointment. The lyric appears
After dealing with his controversy over statements towards New York and recent actions at a basketball game, Lil Wayne finds himself in the crosshairs of yet another bitter embattlement, this time over lyrics in Future's "Karate Chop" remix.
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark1,978 Views8 Comments
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"5,881 Views37 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece17,261 Views40 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 232,207 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Dr. Dre "2Nite" Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih Leak32,252 Views104 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Common's "Be"2,663 Views16 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Is Given Acid By Makonnen, Proceeds To Have Sex With Nine Women64,979 Views114 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shoots "Alright" Video In The Bay15,768 Views54 Comments
- Juicy J Rushed To Hospital In San Francisco36,576 Views52 Comments
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday4,499 Views16 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity9,920 Views52 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend14,919 Views17 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season4,314 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2318,655 Views20 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums8,937 Views16 Comments
You may also like...
- André DeSaint "Work For Me" Video878 Views