Lil Wayne has seen himself involved in lots of controversy over the last few months, and none gained him more infamy than his Emmett Till line on "Karate Chop." Now Weezy has changed the lyrics, and apologized to the Till family.
Lil Wayne came under serious heat after his insensitive Emmitt Till line on Future's hit single "Karate Chop," which lead to Weezy being dropped from several sponsorships and having to do serious PR work and apologize to fans and the Till family. T.I.
Future Explains How Lil Wayne Helped Shed Light On Emmett Till In Positive Way May 14, 2013 at 11:53am
The Emmett Till controversy surrounding Lil Wayne's lyric in "Karate Chop (Remix)" has almost come to a close. Mountain Dew and Till's family sat down for a pro-active conversation on the incident last week, after Mountain Dew announced that Lil Wayne had bee
PepsiCo To Meet With Emmett Till's Family To Discuss Lil Wayne Controversy [Update: Statement Released Following Meeting] May 8, 2013 at 04:46pm
The whole debacle between Lil Wayne, Emmett Till's family, and Mountain Dew may turn out to be a teaching moment for the rest of America, at least, that's what Al Sharpton hopes for.
Mountain Dew Drops Lil Wayne Over Emmett Till Line [Update: Till Family Reacts To Drop] May 4, 2013 at 12:44pm
It seems as though Lil Wayne's recent apology for his crude reference to Emmett Till on "Karate Chop (remix)" was not good enough for his sponsors. Lil Wayne and PepsiCo have officially parted ways.
Lil Wayne Issues Apology To Emmett Till Family Over Lyric [Update: Till Family Does Not Accept It] May 2, 2013 at 10:02am
Lil Wayne received a lot of criticism within the hip-hop community and outside of it for his reference to Emmett Till in Future's "Karate Chop (Remix)." Although it seemed like we'd never get an official apology from Weezy (but his record label did issue one)
The family of Emmett Till were very upset when Lil Wayne referenced Till very tastelessly on the "Karate Chop (Remix)".
Talib Kweli recently gave his opinion on Rick Ross' "U.O.E.N.O." lyrics, saying that Ross' apology for the date rape lyrics was unacceptable. Now the socially conscious rapper has once again called out a mainstream rapper for questionable lyrics.
Lil Wayne’s recent Emmett Till reference has drawn a lot of attention and negative feedback as even Till’s family has issued a statement with their disappointment. The lyric appears
After dealing with his controversy over statements towards New York and recent actions at a basketball game, Lil Wayne finds himself in the crosshairs of yet another bitter embattlement, this time over lyrics in Future's "Karate Chop" remix.
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"1,278 Views10 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand1,419 Views0 Comments
- Dizzy Wright's Turn-Up Essentials Playlist643 Views4 Comments
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award7,236 Views64 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 5,629 Views27 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour797 Views6 Comments
- Dear Graduates: Life Lessons From Kanye West's "College Dropout"3,797 Views19 Comments
- Stream Mobb Deep's "Survival Of The Fittest" EP946 Views7 Comments
- Young Thug Says His Next Mixtape Will Be Called "Tha Carter V"17,013 Views163 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Celebrate Trip To NBA Finals With A 'Flicka Da Wrist' Video1,923 Views0 Comments
- Lil B Accuses Chedda Da Connect Of Stealing His Swag On "Flicka Da Wrist"5,938 Views29 Comments
- Frank Ocean Uploads Mysterious Empty Playlist To SoundCloud7,772 Views25 Comments
- Azealia Banks To Star In RZA-Directed Film "Coco"2,681 Views32 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals3,666 Views0 Comments
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour4,848 Views8 Comments
You may also like...
- On The Come Up: Kirk Knight0 Views