The last time a protest movement arose around the murder of a young black man by police, The Game was quick to respond with "Don't Shoot," a song that recruited an all-star cast of rappers to speak out against police violence.
Poetic license is not a new concept. The idea of poetic license can be traced back to the Greco-Roman classical era and is derived from the Latin words, 'poeta' ('maker') and 'licentia' ('to be permitted,' 'liberty').
Back in October, many industry insiders were surprised by the early sales estimates for T.I.'s most recent album, Paperwork. After a day of sales, forecasts had the album selling roughly 70,000 units in its opening week.
The trend of surprise albums has definitely caused a shift in the traditional method of releasing music. Interviews, music videos and singles are still protocol (well, usually), but we’ve watched the likes of Jay Z, Beyonce, Kanye West, Skrillex, J.
It appears XXL may not actually end all print editions of the hip-hop magazine, at least, this is according to their Editor-in-Chief Vanessa Satten.
In case you're living under a rock and missed the story, Suge Knight caught a few strays the other night at a VMA pre-party. This raises a few burning questions that need to be answered. First, who's still inviting Suge Knight to these parties?
As much as we think times change, they really don't. We like the music we like, regardless of what our parents think. Then something even newer comes out, and we say it isn't as good as the old days.
A straight shot up I94, and almost 300 miles from Detroit, Chicago’s drill scene is currently making waves for the Midwest.The city that is currently more known for its violence than its wind, beautiful architecture and tasty signature deep dish pizza has ca
Rapper, Lyricist, Rhymesayer. All labels for one person: the MC. The MC not only has many different aliases but comes with many different personalities: the gangster, the conscious individual, the partygoer, the player, the everyperson.
In the '90s the rap and R&B scenes had really emerged in to their own distinctiveness. The R&B scene was dominated by acts like Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah, SWV, Ginuwine, Mariah Carey, Brandy and Monica and many many more.
In 2005, the largest residential disaster in U.S. history hit the South and destroyed the city of New Orleans. 80 percent of the city was flooded, with flood waters ranging from one to ten feet in depth.
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday2,186 Views13 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity5,374 Views41 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend9,032 Views16 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season3,335 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2312,549 Views19 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums6,085 Views13 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 974,057 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs119,957 Views198 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine9,487 Views39 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)7,591 Views13 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL14,052 Views63 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape32,545 Views68 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them7,498 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans7,596 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)2,313 Views1 Comment
You may also like...