Last night, Hot 97 promised listeners a Drake diss record from Meek Mill, to be premiered by Funkmaster Flex. However, the song never came through, and thus it left Hot 97 and Funk Flex in the lurch.
Zane Lowe and Eminem have created some good dialogue in the past, and they'll join forces once more for the inaugural Beats 1 show on the newly-launched Apple Music streaming service.
After hitting up the Breakfast Club to share his own perspective on his sub-par first week sales for his debut, Major Without A Deal, the New York rapper intent on bringing 2000s rap back visited HOT 97's Ebro In The Morning.
Russell Simmons appeared on Hot 97's Ebro in the Morning Thursday to discuss the national racial climate in light of the recent Charleston murders. The mogul had harsh words for NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio when the subject turned to police brutality.
Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel have been locked up since December of last year, and while we didn't heard anything from the two GS9 rappers for some time, they have been able to do a couple of interviews as of late.
Hip-hop was once again up in arms thanks to an Iggy Azalea quote this past week. During an interview with GQ, Iggy Azalea was so bold as to say she "sparked a change and inspired some leniency in what people accept in hip-hop." Hmm...
YG and DJ Mustard had My Krazy Life fans worried when a back-and-forth on Instragam suggested they may have had a falling out. Thankfully, only a couple days later the two were pictured together ready to get back on their grind.
In addition to stopping Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club this morning, Sean Don also hit up Hot 97 to talk to Ebro and Laura Stylez. Opening the discussion by talking about Ariana Grande, Sean Don wasn't too open about it, but assured us everything is good.
iLoveMakonnen made his first major breakthrough when Drake decided to hop on his buzzing "Tuesday" record, later signing the Atlanta singer to his OVO imprint.
New York native Action Bronson hit up Hot 97 for a morning interview with Ebro, Peter Rosenberg and Laura Stylez. Ebro kicks things off by bringing up Bronsolino's penchant for black woman, while Bronson details that his baby mama is indeed a black lady.
Ty Dolla $ign stopped by Hot 97 early in the morning, and immediately fielded questions of why he didn't smell like weed. He says he had to get up early and the main priority was to get to Hot 97 on time (rather than roll up).
Tour mates Waka Flocka Flame and Steve Aoki stopped by Hot 97's Morning Show earlier today for an exclusive interview with Ebro and Rosenberg, during which they discussed the nature of their performances together, the current state of hip-hop and much more.
Kid Ink is in the middle of his "My Own Lane" tour-- which he's been consistently selling out dates on --and was able to stop by HOT 97 for an interview when he passed through New York.
In case y'all were wondering about VH1's new reality series "This Is Hot97", our very own Ashlee Ray recently caught up with the principal cast in New York City for an in-depth interview.
YG released his new album, My Krazy Life, just last week, and it's been getting a great reaction from fans and critics alike. In promotion of his Def Jam debut, the Bompton rapper stopped by HOT 97's morning show to break it down with Ebro and Cipha Sounds.
- Rick Ross Dropping New Music With The Dream Tomorrow4,063 Views20 Comments
- The White House Responds To Kanye West's Presidency Bid38,648 Views108 Comments
- Review: The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"17,359 Views95 Comments
- Lupe Fiasco Collecting Fans' Copies Of "Lasers" So He Can Destroy Them18,537 Views62 Comments
- Top Tracks: August 24 - August 306,250 Views10 Comments
- Rick Ross To Release New Album "Black Dollar" This Week14,164 Views73 Comments
- Trick Daddy Files For Bankruptcy5,367 Views22 Comments
- Kanye West Hosting Next Year's VMAs Is Reportedly "On The Table"7,170 Views23 Comments
- The Weeknd Talks "BBTM," Working With Kanye West, Influences6,660 Views19 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Announces "Rodeo" Tour Dates11,129 Views55 Comments
- Isaiah Rashad Teases A New Project Coming Soon7,936 Views36 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Critiques Miley Cyrus' Hosting Duties At MTV VMAs23,507 Views62 Comments
- "Straight Outta Compton" Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic Ever8,524 Views43 Comments