Time and time again, we've seen Tupac-focused films falter very soon out of the gate, so hopefully things are different this time around. Gobi Rahimi, who directed the "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted video, among others, is now trying to fund a film called "7D
Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is a certified classic, depending who you're talking to, it could be viewed as the greatest Wu-Tang solo project (though it's almost cheating considering Ghostface is on nearly every track).
H-Town living legend Slim Thug is gonna take his fans back through his journey to success with his upcoming documetary and album series Hogg Life.
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
Close to two decades after Tupac Shakur was murdered on the Los Vegas strip, the rapper's murder remains unsolved.
The new documentary, "Time Is Illmatic", which focuses on the influence and making of Nas' seminal debut album, has been given an October theatrical release courtesy of Tribeca.
As we initially reported back in October, Steve Stoute's "Tanning Of America" has been turned into a four-part documentary for VH1. The documentary is inspired and based off Stoute's book of the same name, which was released in 2012.
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53pm
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
Ice Cube definitely has some big things lined up for 2014. Apart from promoting his new comedy with Kevin Hart, "Ride Along," he's got a new album to work on and he's producing for the N.W.A film titled "Straight Outta Compton."
Lil B capped off the year by releasing his extremely ambitious, 101-track mixtape, 05 Fuck Em, and while we can be sure to receive plenty of new music from the Based God in 2014, we will also be treated to a documentary on the rapper.
Fans of ESPN's 30 For 30 documentaries will be in a frenzy over this new special which focuses on Michael Jordan, and the time he was retired from the NBA in 1994 to 1995, and became the focus of a game for intergalactic supremacy between the visiting Monstars
It looks like we'll be hearing new music from Nas in the near future, thanks in part to a dance documentary the rapper will be executive producing.
VH1 Working On Four-Part Hip-Hop Documentary Based Off Steve Stoute's "Tanning Of America" Oct 30, 2013 at 06:07pm
VH1 is working on what sounds like it'll be huge documentary about the culture of hip-hop, as told by Steve Stoute in his 2012 book "The Tanning of America:How Hip-Hop Created a Culture That Rewrote the Rules of the New Economy." VH1 has teamed up with Billy C
Eminem Speaks On Past Addiction To Painkillers & Near Fatal Overdose In "How To Make Money Selling Drugs" Jun 27, 2013 at 01:40pm
Eminem isn't the most media-friendly or public person, however, a lot of what he wouldn't share in an interview comes out through his lyrics.
As reported by HipHopDX, it seems Cee Lo Green is getting his own TBS reality show called "The Cee Lo Life," which will document Goodie Mobb's reunion as they work on their new Age Against The Machine album.
Ice-T To Premiere New Documentary "Iceberg Slim: Portrait Of A Pimp" At Montclair Film Festival May 3, 2013 at 03:18pm
After Ice-T's first documentary, "Something From Nothing: The Art Of Rap," was released last year, the rapper got right back at filming with another documentary which also deals with a urban subject matter: Iceberg Slim.
LL Cool J's took to the ring in his iconic "Mama Said Knock You Out" video, and now he'll be lending his lady-charming voice to the narration of one of the upcoming documentary on boxing champion Floyd Mayweather.
It's hard to believe that last week marked the 18th anniversary of Eazy-E's untimely death.
There was much talk, both positive and negative (but mainly negative), after Rihanna's "777" tour, where she brought along select fans and journalists to travel seven different countries with her as she performed.Now fans will get a first-hand look at the cr
- The 10 Best Nina Simone Samples In Hip Hop361 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Numbers For Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"5,683 Views30 Comments
- Kidd Kidd Released From Jail3,415 Views17 Comments
- Diddy Reportedly Preparing "No Way Out 2" As His Final Album4,882 Views17 Comments
- Lil Wayne’s Best Pop Culture References In "FWA"9,571 Views103 Comments
- Nick Young Says Blake Griffin Is 'Too Beige' To Star In The Next Space Jam Movie2,238 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Calls Rick Ross Kidnapping Charges "Bullshit"8,921 Views20 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Was 2 Hours Late To Her Wireless Festival Set7,529 Views18 Comments
- Miguel Believes He Makes "Better Music" Than Frank Ocean10,513 Views100 Comments
- 5 NBA Stars Who Will Have New Homes Next Season3,696 Views0 Comments
- 50 Cent & Diddy's Effen Vs. Ciroc Battle Continues On Instagram19,091 Views62 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Shot A Short Film Starring Skepta & Novelist6,861 Views6 Comments
- Joe Budden Reveals "All Love Lost" Cover Art9,468 Views48 Comments
- Waka Flocka Disses Donald Trump On Twitter34,802 Views61 Comments
You may also like...