Thanksgiving is just around the corner and, while the holiday has slowly turned into an excuse for big spending, there are still a few people out there staying true to the holiday's charitable origins. Big Sean is one of those people.
With the swift rise of Detroit’s DeJ Loaf, one would wonder what other talent the Motor City is harboring. Many dope artists, who have garnered mainstream success have hailed from Detroit, such as J.
Coming out of early legal troubles, Jeezy was able to persevere and make a successful career for himself. This week, he shared advice with some young men at Wayne County Juvenile Detention Center in Detroit, when he decided to pay them a surprise visit.
All too often, emcees get caught up listening to and taking influence from the majors instead of looking at the wealth of material growing right in their local music scene. DeJ Loaf is not that kind of emcee.
With a face often free of make-up and a childlike voice that delivers bars filled with tales of gun violence, come-p wishes, survival and tipsy nights off Hennessy, DeJ Loaf, the 23-year-old baby-faced rapper-singer, who hails from the East side of Detroit cur
Although previous rumors of Detroit rappers Eminem and Big Sean working together were quashed, it now appears that we'll be hearing a collaborative track after all.
It’s been a great year so far for Detroit’s Boldy James, not to be confused with saxophonist and jazz musician Boney James. The Midwest rapper, born James Clay Jones III was one of the first three artists signed to Nas’ new imprint, Mass Appeal Records.
A straight shot up I94, and almost 300 miles from Detroit, Chicago’s drill scene is currently making waves for the Midwest.The city that is currently more known for its violence than its wind, beautiful architecture and tasty signature deep dish pizza has ca
A few days ago, news broke that Rick Ross had been turned away from a show in Detroit, indicating that he was barred from entry to a venue by local rapper Trick Trick and his crew.
Rick Ross Reportedly "In Fear Of His Life" After Being Turned Away From Detroit Concert [Update: Rick Ross Speaks On Incident] Jun 24, 2014 at 02:44am
Earlier this year, Detroit's Trick-Trick released a single entitled "No Fly Zone" that saw him and Royce Da 5'9" attempting to enact a citywide ban on rappers who don't collaborate with Detroit artists or contribute in some way to the city's hip-hop scene.
Detroit rap group Slum Village has certainly endured a lot in its 18 years. Members have tragically passed on, while others have left the group for various reasons. T3 is the only original member left.
The Motor City is not necessarily a mecca when it comes to hip-hop, however, it is home to several big names in rap, the first to come to mind are probably Eminem and Big Sean.
Many are familiar with Eminem's childhood in Detroit home through his album covers. First featured on his seminal Marshall Mathers LP in 2000, and revisited on the cover of MMLPII, which dropped this week.
Stream The Yancey Boys' New "Sunset Blvd" Album, Composed Entirely Of Unheard J Dilla Beats Oct 29, 2013 at 11:35am
For those unfamiliar, The Yancey Boys are a Detroit duo consisting of Frank Nitt and Illa J, the younger brother of legendary emcee/beatsmith J Dilla.
It was strange when the tracklist for Old was released, as the album was divided into two different halves, but at first listen it's obvious why: they represent two sides of Danny Brown's multifaceted psyche and personality, as well as the old and the new.
Danny Brown Says Rappers Are Only Co-Signing Miley Cyrus Because They're Trying To Eat Oct 3, 2013 at 12:13pm
Danny Brown represents his home of Detroit to the fullest, so it may not come as a surprise that he gets sensitive when other people try to claim his city.
Much of Eminem's lyrics revolve around his troubled childhood growing up in Detroit with his mom. Now the house Em grew up in, which is featured on the cover art for the Marshall Mathers LP, is up for sale.
Big Sean Fires At Those (Danny Brown) Saying He's Not From The Hood Of Detroit [UPDATE: Big Sean & Danny Brown Squash Beef] Aug 11, 2013 at 07:25pm
The city of Detroit has been in the news often lately, as its state of disrepair has come to the forefront of national media. Recently, the D’s Danny Brown was speaking about his hometown in an interview and the subject of Big Sean came up, and Brown quest
- 10 Essential Father Tracks609 Views1 Comment
- Jeremih Sued Over "Don't Tell 'Em" Artwork2,288 Views9 Comments
- Jordan Brand Gave Nicki Minaj Her Own 'Pink Print' Air Jordans1,680 Views0 Comments
- Ranking The NBA Playoffs Series' From Least To Most Compelling1,192 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 184,152 Views20 Comments
- Curtis Williams & Key! Arrested On Felony Charges8,770 Views25 Comments
- Stream Berner & B-Real's New EP "Prohibition 2"2,968 Views3 Comments
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (April 11 - April 17)8,711 Views10 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party6,342 Views10 Comments
- New Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Leaked5,656 Views0 Comments
- HNHH Staff Picks Playlist (April 17)4,054 Views18 Comments
- "Barter 6" Is A Mixtape; Young Thug's Debut Album Will Drop In August37,757 Views182 Comments
- 2 Chainz Sued $1.5 Million For Alleged Contract Breach12,008 Views21 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (April 17)2,784 Views3 Comments
- OVO x Toronto Raptors Playoff T-Shirts Unveiled3,020 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- Kendrick Lamar "King Kunta" BTS Video2,641 Views