A while back, Big Sean promised his alma mater, Detroit's Cass Technical High School, its very own recording studio if students raised their ACT scores.
Nashville and Detroit are arguably the world capitals of country music and rhythm & blues, respectively, and today they connect via Dee Goodz and Earlly Mac. It's our pleasure to premiere a new remix of Goodz's "Too Much" that features Mac.
A few weeks back, Detroit's Dusty McFly returned from a long hiatus with a video for a new song called "Come Up," and today, we get another drop. This one's a remix of Keyshia Cole's "Hey Sexy" that features some additional production from Icepic.
Even if you're still pushing that sad old Geo Metro whip, everything's gonna be okay. Or at least that's what Earlly Mac tells us on his new, Trinidad James-assisted track, "Be OK." Its artwork features a pretty great photo of Beyoncé.
Acclaimed Detroit producer-rapper Black Milk gave us his fifth studio album If There's A Hell Below back in October 2014, featuring appearances from Bun B, Guilty Simpson, Blu, and more.
One of the few Danny Brown features we've gotten this year was on BeatKing's latest mixtape Club God 4. BeatKing is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with outta Houston, and Danny Brown is the perfect match for his ratchet club-wrecking sound.
HELP, the 2014 tape by Bruiser Brigade's ZelooperZ has grown on me a lot since its release last June, and now count it among last year's most underrated projects. Today, we get a new video from the Detroit native, made for HELP cut "Saggin."
Earlly Mac is going to be the next name you know out of the Finally Famous camp. The Detroit MC recruits Bizzy Crook and Trae Tha Truth for assistance on "Big Bank," produced by IcePic & Sergio.
In addition to stopping Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club this morning, Sean Don also hit up Hot 97 to talk to Ebro and Laura Stylez. Opening the discussion by talking about Ariana Grande, Sean Don wasn't too open about it, but assured us everything is good.
Detroit Over Everything Icewear VezzoFeat. Sino, Earlly Mac, Pablo Skywalkin, Fenkell Payroll, Peezy, Hellavua, Dusty McFly, Keely Ferguson, Trick-Trick & More
Eminem recruited some of the biggest rappers coming out of Detroit to appear on his "Detroit vs. Everybody" record, and in that same spirit, Icewear Vezzo unites his city with a mega-posse cut filled with rappers coming up from Detroit.
DeJ Loaf got quite the look when Eminem called upon the recent star to handle the hook on his Detroit anthem "Detroit Vs. Everybody," which took its name from the clothing line founded by Detroit native Tommy Walker.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and, while the holiday has slowly turned into an excuse for big spending, there are still a few people out there staying true to the holiday's charitable origins. Big Sean is one of those people.
With the swift rise of Detroit’s DeJ Loaf, one would wonder what other talent the Motor City is harboring. Many dope artists, who have garnered mainstream success have hailed from Detroit, such as J.
Coming out of early legal troubles, Jeezy was able to persevere and make a successful career for himself. This week, he shared advice with some young men at Wayne County Juvenile Detention Center in Detroit, when he decided to pay them a surprise visit.
All too often, emcees get caught up listening to and taking influence from the majors instead of looking at the wealth of material growing right in their local music scene. DeJ Loaf is not that kind of emcee.
- Kidd Kidd Arrested During XXL Freshman Concert In NYC4,654 Views18 Comments
- Scottie Pippen Says He Was LeBron James Before LeBron James2,524 Views0 Comments
- Review: Miguel's "WILDHEART"8,565 Views20 Comments
- Joell Ortiz Says Slaughterhouse's Album "Glass House" Is Done5,398 Views15 Comments
- Young Thug Says Kanye Bought Him A Pair Of Yeezys From A Reseller On eBay8,793 Views0 Comments
- Review: King Los' "God, Money, War" 9,852 Views98 Comments
- Apple Music Officially Launchs, Pharrell Releases "Freedom" On It9,932 Views56 Comments
- The 10 Craziest Tour Riders In Hip-Hop11,578 Views40 Comments
- A$AP Rocky & Wiz Khalifa Announce European Tour8,437 Views25 Comments
- Online Air Jordan Restock Announced For Today4,842 Views0 Comments
- Top Tracks: June 22 - June 2816,007 Views12 Comments
- The Game Ordered To Pay Nanny $200K23,330 Views50 Comments
- Diddy On His Fall At The BET Awards: "I Busted My Ass!"16,131 Views34 Comments
- Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" Will Be Available To Stream For First Time On Apple Music10,547 Views46 Comments
- Meek Mill's Tour Rider Is Mostly Meat & Alcohol20,010 Views44 Comments