Henry Laufer, better known as Shlohmo, is a founding member of L.A.'s WeDidIt collective, one of the most forward-thinking labels in electronic music, and, within in that world, the crew with the most crossover hip-hop appeal.
It's been just a little over eleven months since Lil Durk announced his debut album and shared the title with us, and now we have official artwork and a release date. Remember My Name will be out on June 2nd on Def Jam.
2015 marks five years since Jeremih's last album, three since his his last full-length mixtape and two since the supposed first single of his next album dropped.
Justin Bieber's Next Album Will Have Production From Kanye West & Rick Rubin Mar 31, 2015 at 01:33pm
Justin Bieber recently got roasted last night by Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Kevin Hart, and even Martha Stewart. Judging from a recent interview with USA Today, though, the 21-year-old from London, Ontario, might be having the last laugh.
Fake tracklists are getting better and better, and as a result, they're becoming easier to believe. Kanye West has always been a victim of pre-release hijinx of this kind, and now that his new album has officially been announced, the trolling has begun.
Rap’s early origins, if we are being historically correct, were partially nurtured by punk and new wave, coming out of rebellious Manhattan kids (and those influenced by the music coming out of the area).
Dion “No I.D.” Wilson has been behind some of the hottest projects of the year via Def Jam, like Logic’s Under Pressure and Common’s Nobody Smiling, and now he’s getting rewarded for his outstanding work.
Trinidad James has been surprising us all over these past few months. Since being dropped from Def Jam, he sounds rejuvenated, making bold decisions musically that may not have been possible on a major label.
Def Jam celebrated its 30th anniversary this year, and in celebration, founder Rick Rubin decided to go back to where it all started.
Jhené Aiko Refuses To Perform At Def Jam's 30th Anniversary Concert After A Member Of Her Team Was "Assaulted" Oct 18, 2014 at 10:04am
Earlier this year, Def Jam unveiled a STACKED lineup for their 30th anniversary concert, with performances by Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Fabolous, DMX, Foxy Brown, Jhené Aiko, Onyx, Method Man, Redman, Ashanti, Ja Rule, Warren G, EPMD, and Jeremih scheduled for th
The third-party news keeps coming in on Kanye West's new album. Has everyone heard it except for the masses? While 'Ye himself refuses to speak out on the album, his team has been talking every chance they get (kinda).
Vince Staples Details "Hell Can Wait" EP, With Guest Spots From A$ton Matthews & Teyana Taylor Sep 9, 2014 at 01:46pm
Ever since we were introduced to him on Earl Sweatshirt's 2010 debut, Vince Staples has been making increasingly more noise in the rap game with each passing year. This year, the 21-year-old put out his mixtape Shyne Coldchain Vol.
About three weeks ago, we got the news that Trinidad James had parted ways with his major label, Def Jam. Signed on the strength of his song "All GOld Everything," the Atlanta rapper's career had hit an impasse after he dropped his 10 Pc.
Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Fabolous, DMX And More To Play Def Jam 30th Anniversary Concert Aug 14, 2014 at 04:16pm
Earlier this summer, The Source announced a huge hip-hop concert, set to hit Brooklyn's Barclay's Center on September 20th, and now Def Jam has one occurring less than a month later at the same venue.
Trinidad James broke news over this weekend that he got dropped from his label Def Jam, after experiencing a sudden rise to fame thanks to his single "All Gold Everything." The rapper said he'd be dropping his debut album for free, and told all the producers/a
Well that ride didn’t last too long. After signing with Def Jam back in 2012 following the success of “All Gold Everything”, Trinidad James is no longer member of the family.
Common's new album Nobody's Smiling was a joint effort with producer No I.D., but it seems their relationship has gone even further than that, and in the process, G.O.O.D. Music was sidetracked.
Common has been working on a new album, Nobody's Smiling, entirely with producer No I.D. At the end of last week he dropped a new leak with Vince Staples, "Kingdom." Now he's followed it up with a release date, plus news of a new deal for the Chicago native.
Earlier this week, we reintroduced y'all to emerging Philadelphia emcee and recent Def Jam signee Tayyib Ali by way of a new video for his 2011 single "Do It (High School Dropout)," which impressed Uncle Rush & Co.
For those unaware, Tayyib Ali is an emerging Philly emcee who recently inked a deal with Def Jam Recordings, having previously operated under Jonny Shipes' Cinematic Music Group.
- R. Kelly Announces New Album "Buffet"1,771 Views8 Comments
- Chance The Rapper & Social Experiment Drop "SURF" On iTunes; Available For Stream35,839 Views163 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Continues To Film "Alright" Video In Los Angeles10,745 Views46 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Snoop Dogg, Yelawolf & More To Play Riot Fest3,591 Views13 Comments
- 10 Essential RL Grime Tracks6,901 Views11 Comments
- John Wall Kicked Off Flight After One Of His Boys Threatened A Passenger4,698 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown: "I Refuse To Be Petty & Attention-Seeking"18,845 Views69 Comments
- Stream Little Simz's "AGE 101: DROP 4" EP1,795 Views7 Comments
- Text Like Kanye West With The New 'YeBoard App8,869 Views21 Comments
- #TBT: Ludacris2,496 Views13 Comments
- Chance The Rapper's "SURF" Is Complete, Full Of Guest Appearances41,014 Views28 Comments
- Review: A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."28,504 Views222 Comments
- Dwight Howard Says He's 'Still A Champion' After Blowout Loss2,805 Views0 Comments
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More3,219 Views8 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"26,679 Views36 Comments
You may also like...
- Drake Shouts Out Amir Obe in Detroit1,589 Views