CyHi The Prynce Clarifies Label Situation, Speaks On Making "Elephant In The Room" Aug 13, 2015 at 07:52pm
CyHi The Prynce shook things up when he dropped "Elephant in the Room," a fictional narrative where he shot up the Def Jam offices while kidnapping Kanye West and throwing lyrical daggers at G.O.O.D. Music artists.
CyHi The Prynce shook things up earlier in the week when he dropped his record "Elephant in the Room," seemingly coming at the necks of everyone in Def Jam/G.O.O.D. Music.
So this afternoon, we were not only surprised by the Chance The Rapper x Lil B mixtape dropping, but by CyHi The Prynce's apparent diss track, aimed at none other than Kanye West. CyHi has been signed to G.O.O.D.
At the end of May we finally got word of a new release date for Jeremih's long-awaited Def Jam album, Late Nights: The Album.
Vince Staples Reveals "Summertime '06" Will Be A Double LP, Shares New Tracklist Jun 6, 2015 at 04:17pm
Last week (June 2), Vince Staples shared the tracklist to his upcoming debut album, Summertime '06, on Twitter, including all 10 track names in one tweet.
At the end of the month, Vince Staples will drop his highly-anticipated debut album on Def Jam (remember, last year's Hell Can Wait was an EP), and last night, he tweeted out the tracklist, minus the features.
After hearing "Señorita," Vince's biggest banger to date, and going off the quality of last year's Hell Can Wait EP, we've got huge expectations for Vince Staples' debut album.
Henry Laufer, better known as Shlohmo, is a founding member of L.A.'s WeDidIt collective, one of the most forward-thinking labels in electronic music, and, within in that world, the crew with the most crossover hip-hop appeal.
It's been just a little over eleven months since Lil Durk announced his debut album and shared the title with us, and now we have official artwork and a release date. Remember My Name will be out on June 2nd on Def Jam.
2015 marks five years since Jeremih's last album, three since his his last full-length mixtape and two since the supposed first single of his next album dropped.
Justin Bieber's Next Album Will Have Production From Kanye West & Rick Rubin Mar 31, 2015 at 01:33pm
Justin Bieber recently got roasted last night by Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Kevin Hart, and even Martha Stewart. Judging from a recent interview with USA Today, though, the 21-year-old from London, Ontario, might be having the last laugh.
Fake tracklists are getting better and better, and as a result, they're becoming easier to believe. Kanye West has always been a victim of pre-release hijinx of this kind, and now that his new album has officially been announced, the trolling has begun.
Rap’s early origins, if we are being historically correct, were partially nurtured by punk and new wave, coming out of rebellious Manhattan kids (and those influenced by the music coming out of the area).
Dion “No I.D.” Wilson has been behind some of the hottest projects of the year via Def Jam, like Logic’s Under Pressure and Common’s Nobody Smiling, and now he’s getting rewarded for his outstanding work.
Trinidad James has been surprising us all over these past few months. Since being dropped from Def Jam, he sounds rejuvenated, making bold decisions musically that may not have been possible on a major label.
Def Jam celebrated its 30th anniversary this year, and in celebration, founder Rick Rubin decided to go back to where it all started.
Jhené Aiko Refuses To Perform At Def Jam's 30th Anniversary Concert After A Member Of Her Team Was "Assaulted" Oct 18, 2014 at 10:04am
Earlier this year, Def Jam unveiled a STACKED lineup for their 30th anniversary concert, with performances by Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Fabolous, DMX, Foxy Brown, Jhené Aiko, Onyx, Method Man, Redman, Ashanti, Ja Rule, Warren G, EPMD, and Jeremih scheduled for th
The third-party news keeps coming in on Kanye West's new album. Has everyone heard it except for the masses? While 'Ye himself refuses to speak out on the album, his team has been talking every chance they get (kinda).
Vince Staples Details "Hell Can Wait" EP, With Guest Spots From A$ton Matthews & Teyana Taylor Sep 9, 2014 at 01:46pm
Ever since we were introduced to him on Earl Sweatshirt's 2010 debut, Vince Staples has been making increasingly more noise in the rap game with each passing year. This year, the 21-year-old put out his mixtape Shyne Coldchain Vol.
About three weeks ago, we got the news that Trinidad James had parted ways with his major label, Def Jam. Signed on the strength of his song "All GOld Everything," the Atlanta rapper's career had hit an impasse after he dropped his 10 Pc.
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMAs10,656 Views28 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week3,136 Views16 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers14,308 Views33 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit20,334 Views43 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,685 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20153,332 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign16,033 Views41 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK9,586 Views29 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL2,563 Views16 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"15,143 Views49 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida10,154 Views77 Comments
- Chris Brown Is Being Sued By A Fan Who Was Injured At His Show7,745 Views20 Comments
- Top-8 September Sneaker Releases To Watch For2,642 Views0 Comments
- Powerhouse 2015 Line-Up Includes Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Future & More11,806 Views56 Comments
- De La Soul Recruit Usher, Snoop Dogg, 2 Chainz, Pete Rock & More For New Album4,679 Views9 Comments
You may also like...
- K Camp Freestyles On Funkmaster Flex420 Views
- Tinashe "Bet" x "Feels Like Vegas" Video2,663 Views
- Majid Jordan Feat. Drake "My Love" Video9,140 Views