Chance The Rapper Says There's "No Reason" To Sign A Deal In This "Dead Industry" Oct 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Chance The Rapper's success seemed to happen overnight. Even the anticipation over his Acid Rap project seemed to culminate only a week or so prior to its release.
Mixtape Weezy-- somewhat of a legendary title that continues to be cited as the rapper's hungriest and most engaging form. With the release of Dedication 5, the discussion about this particular brand of Wayne was rampant once again. Was Mixtape Weezy back?
Right around the time Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 dropped, Pusha T tweeted out a message that seemed to be directed at Wayne. “I think it’s safe to say, you really lost it…” read the Tweet, and was apparently clear enough for Young Money rapper Jae Mill
There was a time not too long ago when Lil Wayne was widely considered the best rapper alive. Since 2009's No Ceilings, Lil Tunechi has left fans scratching their heads and wondering what happened to the once dominant Mixtape Weezy.
It's safe to say Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 stole the show this Labor Day weekend. Typically, the mixtape is packed with a slew of outrageous Weezy rhymes going in over other artists production.
Lil Wayne finally dropped his latest installment in the Dedication series, D5, and it's definitely got people talking, whether good or bad. One of those people is Lil Kim, who received a mention on Weezy's "Pure Colombia" off the mixtape.
Pusha T certainly has a history of sneak-dissing Lil Wayne. So when he made a comment that could easily be read as a shot at Dedication 5, Young Money rapper Jae Millz stepped in to call him out on it.
Lil Wayne's "Dedication 5" To Drop At 12AM PST [Update: Mixtape Finally Dropped at 6am EST] Sep 1, 2013 at 01:50 AM
Lil Wayne's highly anticipated Dedication 5 mixtape was set to drop at 5 PM EST, but an announcement from Wayne's camp has confirmed that the project will be pushed back.
Lil Wayne Apologizes To Fans For Lack Of BET & VMA Nominations, Reveals "Dedication 5" Artwork & Release Date Aug 25, 2013 at 02:46 PM
Surprisingly enough, Lil Wayne hasn't received any nominations at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, which was also the case at the BET Awards earlier in the summer.
Lil Wayne initially mentioned his Dedication 5 mixtape in his "Bugatti" freestyle earlier this summer. Following that we got confirmation from DJ Drama it was on the way, as well as a few details, but no date had been revealed.
- Review: Earl Sweatshirt's "I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside"4,767 Views21 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Opens Up About Relationship With Chris Brown11,600 Views28 Comments
- Lil Wayne Performs In Miami, Hands Out "Free Weezy Album" T-Shirts11,086 Views28 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son7,740 Views15 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.11,563 Views29 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"21,803 Views104 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version"2,293 Views7 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 823 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery6,477 Views25 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"5,288 Views20 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue8,587 Views20 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 14,458 Views27 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way19,446 Views85 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 2811,024 Views52 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month8,539 Views21 Comments