Chance The Rapper Says There's "No Reason" To Sign A Deal In This "Dead Industry" Oct 1, 2013 at 12:35pm
Chance The Rapper's success seemed to happen overnight. Even the anticipation over his Acid Rap project seemed to culminate only a week or so prior to its release.
Mixtape Weezy-- somewhat of a legendary title that continues to be cited as the rapper's hungriest and most engaging form. With the release of Dedication 5, the discussion about this particular brand of Wayne was rampant once again. Was Mixtape Weezy back?
Right around the time Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 dropped, Pusha T tweeted out a message that seemed to be directed at Wayne. “I think it’s safe to say, you really lost it…” read the Tweet, and was apparently clear enough for Young Money rapper Jae Mill
There was a time not too long ago when Lil Wayne was widely considered the best rapper alive. Since 2009's No Ceilings, Lil Tunechi has left fans scratching their heads and wondering what happened to the once dominant Mixtape Weezy.
It's safe to say Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 stole the show this Labor Day weekend. Typically, the mixtape is packed with a slew of outrageous Weezy rhymes going in over other artists production.
Lil Wayne finally dropped his latest installment in the Dedication series, D5, and it's definitely got people talking, whether good or bad. One of those people is Lil Kim, who received a mention on Weezy's "Pure Colombia" off the mixtape.
Pusha T certainly has a history of sneak-dissing Lil Wayne. So when he made a comment that could easily be read as a shot at Dedication 5, Young Money rapper Jae Millz stepped in to call him out on it.
Lil Wayne's "Dedication 5" To Drop At 12AM PST [Update: Mixtape Finally Dropped at 6am EST] Sep 1, 2013 at 01:50am
Lil Wayne's highly anticipated Dedication 5 mixtape was set to drop at 5 PM EST, but an announcement from Wayne's camp has confirmed that the project will be pushed back.
Lil Wayne Apologizes To Fans For Lack Of BET & VMA Nominations, Reveals "Dedication 5" Artwork & Release Date Aug 25, 2013 at 02:46pm
Surprisingly enough, Lil Wayne hasn't received any nominations at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, which was also the case at the BET Awards earlier in the summer.
Lil Wayne initially mentioned his Dedication 5 mixtape in his "Bugatti" freestyle earlier this summer. Following that we got confirmation from DJ Drama it was on the way, as well as a few details, but no date had been revealed.
- Stream Erykah Badu's "But You Caint Use My Phone"4,962 Views11 Comments
- Rick Ross Reveals Tracklist For “Renzel Remixes”18,576 Views56 Comments
- Review: Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"10,945 Views27 Comments
- Top 5 Things That Sneakerheads Are Thankful For993 Views0 Comments
- Jahlil Okafor Scuffles With A Heckler In Boston6,232 Views0 Comments
- #TBT: Chris Brown's Smash Singles14,949 Views34 Comments
- Lil Wayne's "No Ceilings 2" Tracklist Revealed212,029 Views350 Comments
- Beyoncé Is Putting Out A Line Of Streetwear8,964 Views11 Comments
- A HotNewHipHop Thanksgiving: 10 Things We're Thankful For7,964 Views40 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Debuted Another New Record The Other Night19,300 Views62 Comments
- Lil Wayne Being Sued By Trukfit Model For Using Her Image On T-Shirt27,810 Views80 Comments
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"13,455 Views150 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"6,120 Views31 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th15,238 Views36 Comments