Chance The Rapper Says There's "No Reason" To Sign A Deal In This "Dead Industry" Oct 1, 2013 at 12:35pm
Chance The Rapper's success seemed to happen overnight. Even the anticipation over his Acid Rap project seemed to culminate only a week or so prior to its release.
Mixtape Weezy-- somewhat of a legendary title that continues to be cited as the rapper's hungriest and most engaging form. With the release of Dedication 5, the discussion about this particular brand of Wayne was rampant once again. Was Mixtape Weezy back?
Right around the time Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 dropped, Pusha T tweeted out a message that seemed to be directed at Wayne. “I think it’s safe to say, you really lost it…” read the Tweet, and was apparently clear enough for Young Money rapper Jae Mill
There was a time not too long ago when Lil Wayne was widely considered the best rapper alive. Since 2009's No Ceilings, Lil Tunechi has left fans scratching their heads and wondering what happened to the once dominant Mixtape Weezy.
It's safe to say Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 stole the show this Labor Day weekend. Typically, the mixtape is packed with a slew of outrageous Weezy rhymes going in over other artists production.
Lil Wayne finally dropped his latest installment in the Dedication series, D5, and it's definitely got people talking, whether good or bad. One of those people is Lil Kim, who received a mention on Weezy's "Pure Colombia" off the mixtape.
Pusha T certainly has a history of sneak-dissing Lil Wayne. So when he made a comment that could easily be read as a shot at Dedication 5, Young Money rapper Jae Millz stepped in to call him out on it.
Lil Wayne's "Dedication 5" To Drop At 12AM PST [Update: Mixtape Finally Dropped at 6am EST] Sep 1, 2013 at 01:50am
Lil Wayne's highly anticipated Dedication 5 mixtape was set to drop at 5 PM EST, but an announcement from Wayne's camp has confirmed that the project will be pushed back.
Lil Wayne Apologizes To Fans For Lack Of BET & VMA Nominations, Reveals "Dedication 5" Artwork & Release Date Aug 25, 2013 at 02:46pm
Surprisingly enough, Lil Wayne hasn't received any nominations at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, which was also the case at the BET Awards earlier in the summer.
Lil Wayne initially mentioned his Dedication 5 mixtape in his "Bugatti" freestyle earlier this summer. Following that we got confirmation from DJ Drama it was on the way, as well as a few details, but no date had been revealed.
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces4,454 Views30 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample7,106 Views18 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show11,067 Views19 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."13,898 Views25 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Scores First Number One Record29,431 Views127 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For A$AP Rocky & Boosie Badazz19,434 Views131 Comments
- Lil B Is Now Targeting LeBron James And The Cleveland Cavaliers4,754 Views0 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Addresses Rita Ora Lyrics On "A.L.L.A."31,907 Views27 Comments
- NXNE Festival Defends Action Bronson Against Petition Claiming He "Glorifies Rape"5,305 Views18 Comments
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"11,162 Views45 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand5,515 Views0 Comments
- Dizzy Wright's Turn-Up Essentials Playlist2,276 Views8 Comments
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award14,220 Views110 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 12,641 Views35 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour1,542 Views10 Comments
You may also like...
- Yelawolf "Johnny Cash" Video304 Views