Chance The Rapper Says There's "No Reason" To Sign A Deal In This "Dead Industry" Oct 1, 2013 at 12:35pm
Chance The Rapper's success seemed to happen overnight. Even the anticipation over his Acid Rap project seemed to culminate only a week or so prior to its release.
Mixtape Weezy-- somewhat of a legendary title that continues to be cited as the rapper's hungriest and most engaging form. With the release of Dedication 5, the discussion about this particular brand of Wayne was rampant once again. Was Mixtape Weezy back?
Right around the time Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 dropped, Pusha T tweeted out a message that seemed to be directed at Wayne. “I think it’s safe to say, you really lost it…” read the Tweet, and was apparently clear enough for Young Money rapper Jae Mill
There was a time not too long ago when Lil Wayne was widely considered the best rapper alive. Since 2009's No Ceilings, Lil Tunechi has left fans scratching their heads and wondering what happened to the once dominant Mixtape Weezy.
It's safe to say Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 stole the show this Labor Day weekend. Typically, the mixtape is packed with a slew of outrageous Weezy rhymes going in over other artists production.
Lil Wayne finally dropped his latest installment in the Dedication series, D5, and it's definitely got people talking, whether good or bad. One of those people is Lil Kim, who received a mention on Weezy's "Pure Colombia" off the mixtape.
Pusha T certainly has a history of sneak-dissing Lil Wayne. So when he made a comment that could easily be read as a shot at Dedication 5, Young Money rapper Jae Millz stepped in to call him out on it.
Lil Wayne's "Dedication 5" To Drop At 12AM PST [Update: Mixtape Finally Dropped at 6am EST] Sep 1, 2013 at 01:50am
Lil Wayne's highly anticipated Dedication 5 mixtape was set to drop at 5 PM EST, but an announcement from Wayne's camp has confirmed that the project will be pushed back.
Lil Wayne Apologizes To Fans For Lack Of BET & VMA Nominations, Reveals "Dedication 5" Artwork & Release Date Aug 25, 2013 at 02:46pm
Surprisingly enough, Lil Wayne hasn't received any nominations at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, which was also the case at the BET Awards earlier in the summer.
Lil Wayne initially mentioned his Dedication 5 mixtape in his "Bugatti" freestyle earlier this summer. Following that we got confirmation from DJ Drama it was on the way, as well as a few details, but no date had been revealed.
- Miguel Clarifies Frank Ocean Statement6,031 Views22 Comments
- The Game Says Dr. Dre Called "The Documentary 2" The Best Rap Album In 5 Years18,019 Views215 Comments
- The 10 Best Nina Simone Samples In Hip Hop3,392 Views3 Comments
- First Week Sales Numbers For Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"27,765 Views127 Comments
- Kidd Kidd Released From Jail6,260 Views26 Comments
- Diddy Reportedly Preparing "No Way Out 2" As His Final Album7,615 Views24 Comments
- Lil Wayne’s Best Pop Culture References In "FWA"15,061 Views126 Comments
- Nick Young Says Blake Griffin Is 'Too Beige' To Star In The Next Space Jam Movie3,452 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Calls Rick Ross Kidnapping Charges "Bullshit"13,582 Views27 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Was 2 Hours Late To Her Wireless Festival Set9,389 Views21 Comments
- Miguel Believes He Makes "Better Music" Than Frank Ocean12,936 Views111 Comments
- 5 NBA Stars Who Will Have New Homes Next Season4,136 Views0 Comments
- 50 Cent & Diddy's Effen Vs. Ciroc Battle Continues On Instagram22,245 Views74 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Shot A Short Film Starring Skepta & Novelist7,469 Views8 Comments
- Joe Budden Reveals "All Love Lost" Cover Art10,182 Views51 Comments
You may also like...
- M.I.A. Previews New Music415 Views