Chance The Rapper Says There's "No Reason" To Sign A Deal In This "Dead Industry" Oct 1, 2013 at 12:35pm
Chance The Rapper's success seemed to happen overnight. Even the anticipation over his Acid Rap project seemed to culminate only a week or so prior to its release.
Mixtape Weezy-- somewhat of a legendary title that continues to be cited as the rapper's hungriest and most engaging form. With the release of Dedication 5, the discussion about this particular brand of Wayne was rampant once again. Was Mixtape Weezy back?
Right around the time Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 dropped, Pusha T tweeted out a message that seemed to be directed at Wayne. “I think it’s safe to say, you really lost it…” read the Tweet, and was apparently clear enough for Young Money rapper Jae Mill
There was a time not too long ago when Lil Wayne was widely considered the best rapper alive. Since 2009's No Ceilings, Lil Tunechi has left fans scratching their heads and wondering what happened to the once dominant Mixtape Weezy.
It's safe to say Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 stole the show this Labor Day weekend. Typically, the mixtape is packed with a slew of outrageous Weezy rhymes going in over other artists production.
Lil Wayne finally dropped his latest installment in the Dedication series, D5, and it's definitely got people talking, whether good or bad. One of those people is Lil Kim, who received a mention on Weezy's "Pure Colombia" off the mixtape.
Pusha T certainly has a history of sneak-dissing Lil Wayne. So when he made a comment that could easily be read as a shot at Dedication 5, Young Money rapper Jae Millz stepped in to call him out on it.
Lil Wayne's "Dedication 5" To Drop At 12AM PST [Update: Mixtape Finally Dropped at 6am EST] Sep 1, 2013 at 01:50am
Lil Wayne's highly anticipated Dedication 5 mixtape was set to drop at 5 PM EST, but an announcement from Wayne's camp has confirmed that the project will be pushed back.
Lil Wayne Apologizes To Fans For Lack Of BET & VMA Nominations, Reveals "Dedication 5" Artwork & Release Date Aug 25, 2013 at 02:46pm
Surprisingly enough, Lil Wayne hasn't received any nominations at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, which was also the case at the BET Awards earlier in the summer.
Lil Wayne initially mentioned his Dedication 5 mixtape in his "Bugatti" freestyle earlier this summer. Following that we got confirmation from DJ Drama it was on the way, as well as a few details, but no date had been revealed.
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal13,199 Views46 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"5,932 Views18 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"20,746 Views71 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour1,557 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date46,183 Views195 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)1,799 Views3 Comments
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test4,520 Views21 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"5,081 Views17 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness11,152 Views13 Comments
- French Montana "Mac And Cheese: The Album" Release Date Revealed10,314 Views45 Comments
- 3 Takeaways From Jay Rock's "90059" Listening Party10,965 Views44 Comments
- Miami Heat Owner Hints At Possible 'South Beach' Inspired Jerseys For Next Season2,970 Views0 Comments
- Omarion Enlists Nic Nac, James Fauntleroy & More For "Reasons"6,048 Views17 Comments
- Top 5 Lil Wayne Verses On Hot Boys' Songs9,646 Views28 Comments
- Kirk Knight Announces Debut Album, "Late Knight Special"3,596 Views14 Comments
You may also like...