It was estimated last week that Drake's surprise release, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, would move around half a million units in its first week out.
YG had a pretty strong debut album, which dropped a week ago today, My Krazy Life. The album brought that new West Coast sound to the masses, with plenty of DJ Mustard production and a cohesive theme tying it all together.
Isaiah Rashad Announces Debut Mixtape "Cilvia" [Update: Cover Art & Tracklist Revealed] Jan 17, 2014 at 09:08pm
Now that Isaiah Rashad is officially part of the TDE family, he's starting to make moves, one of which is a debut mixtape.
Kanye West Debuts New Music At Roseland Ballroom [Update: He Also Ranted About The Paparazzi And Celebrity] May 16, 2013 at 09:56am
Kanye West has been in New York City this past week, making random appearances and holding private listening sessions for new material off his upcoming album.
Earlier today Jhene Aiko unveiled the dark visuals for her single "The Pressure," sporting a new look (blonde dreads) for it. This afternoon, we get even more from the singer as an official stream of her upcoming album Souled Out has arrived.
Travi$ Scott Enlists Kanye West, Metro Boomin & More For Production On "Rodeo" Jun 3, 2015 at 12:30pm
Travi$ Scott is still working on his debut studio album, Rodeo, after announcing the project this past January. The rapper initially teased a March release, but hasn't revealed too many details since then.
The numbers have arrived for Chris Brown's long-awaited album X. The projections determined that Breezy's new album would sell around 120,000 units opening week. However, the final numbers surpass this.
The Underachievers are giving you no lack of music this summer.
Awhile back, Chance The Rapper was on Tony Touch and decided to preview a new "Untitled" record. The record cut short, but many of our astute commenters observed that there was a hint of what sounded like J. Cole towards the end.
Here goes the first week sales for Common's tenth studio album, Nobody's Smiling, which also marked his departure from G.O.O.D. Music as he joined No I.D.'s Def Jam imprint. The album was also entirely produced by No I.D.
We've seen the rise of August Alsina over the course of the past year, with a strong mixtape release The Product 2 as well as an EP, Downtown Life Under The Gun, both of which have given his name some buzz.
Lecrae's "Anomaly" Debuts At #1 On Billboard 200, Jhene Aiko's "Souled Out" At #3 Sep 17, 2014 at 11:11am
The race between Lecrae and Jhene Aiko for the Billboard 200 #1 spot was a close one, but Lecrae has come out on top. The rapper's new album Anomaly snagged a #1 debut, after moving a reported 88,299 units, according to Hits Daily Double.
HBK Gang releases really sneak up on you. Sage The Gemini's debut album seemed to come out of nowhere, and now Iamsu! has dropped his brand new 19-track effort on us without warning.
Vic Mensa debuted a pair of new tracks during his performance at Echoplex in L.A. Thursday night. The first was "No Chill," which incorporates Allen Iverson's "practice" speech into its hook.
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj4,491 Views37 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal54,748 Views380 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"55,266 Views135 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"40,068 Views68 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight1,537 Views2 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,285 Views8 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"32,484 Views144 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall3,639 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"9,533 Views61 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram27,636 Views66 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"2,893 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)6,232 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney8,020 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music10,435 Views28 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"18,469 Views47 Comments
You may also like...