It was estimated last week that Drake's surprise release, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, would move around half a million units in its first week out.
YG had a pretty strong debut album, which dropped a week ago today, My Krazy Life. The album brought that new West Coast sound to the masses, with plenty of DJ Mustard production and a cohesive theme tying it all together.
Isaiah Rashad Announces Debut Mixtape "Cilvia" [Update: Cover Art & Tracklist Revealed] Jan 17, 2014 at 09:08pm
Now that Isaiah Rashad is officially part of the TDE family, he's starting to make moves, one of which is a debut mixtape.
Kanye West Debuts New Music At Roseland Ballroom [Update: He Also Ranted About The Paparazzi And Celebrity] May 16, 2013 at 09:56am
Kanye West has been in New York City this past week, making random appearances and holding private listening sessions for new material off his upcoming album.
Earlier today Jhene Aiko unveiled the dark visuals for her single "The Pressure," sporting a new look (blonde dreads) for it. This afternoon, we get even more from the singer as an official stream of her upcoming album Souled Out has arrived.
The numbers have arrived for Chris Brown's long-awaited album X. The projections determined that Breezy's new album would sell around 120,000 units opening week. However, the final numbers surpass this.
The Underachievers are giving you no lack of music this summer.
Here goes the first week sales for Common's tenth studio album, Nobody's Smiling, which also marked his departure from G.O.O.D. Music as he joined No I.D.'s Def Jam imprint. The album was also entirely produced by No I.D.
Awhile back, Chance The Rapper was on Tony Touch and decided to preview a new "Untitled" record. The record cut short, but many of our astute commenters observed that there was a hint of what sounded like J. Cole towards the end.
We've seen the rise of August Alsina over the course of the past year, with a strong mixtape release The Product 2 as well as an EP, Downtown Life Under The Gun, both of which have given his name some buzz.
Lecrae's "Anomaly" Debuts At #1 On Billboard 200, Jhene Aiko's "Souled Out" At #3 Sep 17, 2014 at 11:11am
The race between Lecrae and Jhene Aiko for the Billboard 200 #1 spot was a close one, but Lecrae has come out on top. The rapper's new album Anomaly snagged a #1 debut, after moving a reported 88,299 units, according to Hits Daily Double.
HBK Gang releases really sneak up on you. Sage The Gemini's debut album seemed to come out of nowhere, and now Iamsu! has dropped his brand new 19-track effort on us without warning.
Game dropped his debut album, The Documentary on January 18th, 2005, and if you were old enough to buy the album then, you'll probably feel pretty old when you realize it's celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2 weeks.
Dreamville Rapper Cozz Reveals Artwork & Tracklist For Debut Mixtape "Cozz & Effect" Sep 29, 2014 at 02:55pm
Last week, Cozz ended the week with the release of a new record "Wait's Over," declaring that his debut mixtape on the Dreamville imprint would be arriving shortly.
Vince Staples was definitely one of the highlights at the HNHH-sponsored Action Bronson "South by South Wonderful" showcase (apart from the headliners, Curren$y and Action, of course).
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More517 Views5 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"6,370 Views22 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says There Will Be No Features On "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"3,219 Views35 Comments
- Jared Dudley Says Carmelo Anthony Is The Most Overrated Player In The NBA1,660 Views0 Comments
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces6,881 Views33 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample8,522 Views23 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show12,730 Views22 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."16,847 Views25 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Scores First Number One Record33,292 Views140 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For A$AP Rocky & Boosie Badazz21,930 Views147 Comments
- Lil B Is Now Targeting LeBron James And The Cleveland Cavaliers5,350 Views0 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Addresses Rita Ora Lyrics On "A.L.L.A."36,340 Views32 Comments
- NXNE Festival Defends Action Bronson Against Petition Claiming He "Glorifies Rape"5,794 Views19 Comments
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"12,520 Views42 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand5,858 Views0 Comments