Cozz is one of the most exciting new rappers we've come across over the past year or two, and he was quickly scooped up by J. Cole's Dreamville imprint (after having only one real song/music video out, no less).
Drake's been running his city for some time, and with that comes the responsibility of putting on an annual festival with some of the hottest rappers in the game, Drake included.
The already-stacked SXSW lineup just got even crazier. Joining a packed schedule of shows is a "Dreamville Takeover" headed up by J. Cole and also featuring Bas, Cozz, Omen and more, and it goes down Saturday, March 21st at Austin's Moody Theater.
Cozz successfully delivered his debut album on J. Cole's Dreamville imprint, Cozz & Effect, the other month. Although the rapper is still new to the game, he impressed with his polished raps and production.
You can feel Cozz's hunger when listening to his music. It's easy to understand why J. Cole would want the youngster out of LA on his Dreamville/Interscope Label. Cozz has the lyrical trappings of a rapstar in the making.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
The other day the young West Coast native, Cozz, revealed the tracklist and cover art for his pretty anticipated debut project, Cozz & Effect. The free offering, which will also be up on iTunes, features his Dreamville label mate Bas as well as his bossman J.
Dreamville Rapper Cozz Reveals Artwork & Tracklist For Debut Mixtape "Cozz & Effect" Sep 29, 2014 at 02:55pm
Last week, Cozz ended the week with the release of a new record "Wait's Over," declaring that his debut mixtape on the Dreamville imprint would be arriving shortly.
J. Cole Signs Cozz To Dreamville/Interscope Imprint [Update: Cozz Speaks On Being Signed] Jun 29, 2014 at 01:19pm
It looks like J. Cole is adding some more talent to his Dreamville Imprint. Earlier today, Jermaine confirmed that he has signed L.A. rapper, Cozz.
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)464 Views0 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL1,218 Views13 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape5,053 Views15 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them2,331 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans1,815 Views3 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)683 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack2,040 Views10 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death11,301 Views36 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God5,123 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape10,368 Views59 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album28,235 Views147 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon11,205 Views58 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again6,634 Views27 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations6,778 Views16 Comments
- TBT: Ice Cube6,908 Views28 Comments
You may also like...
- Tory Lanez & Shlohmo "Acting Like" Video3,637 Views
- Brisk God Vine Compilation317 Views
- Young Dro On The Breakfast Club379 Views