Jay Z and Budweiser are teaming up for another edition of their Made In America festival, and today they've revealed the 2015 line-up.
Cozz is one of the most exciting new rappers we've come across over the past year or two, and he was quickly scooped up by J. Cole's Dreamville imprint (after having only one real song/music video out, no less).
Drake's been running his city for some time, and with that comes the responsibility of putting on an annual festival with some of the hottest rappers in the game, Drake included.
The already-stacked SXSW lineup just got even crazier. Joining a packed schedule of shows is a "Dreamville Takeover" headed up by J. Cole and also featuring Bas, Cozz, Omen and more, and it goes down Saturday, March 21st at Austin's Moody Theater.
Cozz successfully delivered his debut album on J. Cole's Dreamville imprint, Cozz & Effect, the other month. Although the rapper is still new to the game, he impressed with his polished raps and production.
You can feel Cozz's hunger when listening to his music. It's easy to understand why J. Cole would want the youngster out of LA on his Dreamville/Interscope Label. Cozz has the lyrical trappings of a rapstar in the making.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
The other day the young West Coast native, Cozz, revealed the tracklist and cover art for his pretty anticipated debut project, Cozz & Effect. The free offering, which will also be up on iTunes, features his Dreamville label mate Bas as well as his bossman J.
Dreamville Rapper Cozz Reveals Artwork & Tracklist For Debut Mixtape "Cozz & Effect" Sep 29, 2014 at 02:55pm
Last week, Cozz ended the week with the release of a new record "Wait's Over," declaring that his debut mixtape on the Dreamville imprint would be arriving shortly.
J. Cole Signs Cozz To Dreamville/Interscope Imprint [Update: Cozz Speaks On Being Signed] Jun 29, 2014 at 01:19pm
It looks like J. Cole is adding some more talent to his Dreamville Imprint. Earlier today, Jermaine confirmed that he has signed L.A. rapper, Cozz.
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMA’s1,055 Views8 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week1,958 Views12 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers10,468 Views33 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit14,525 Views39 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,352 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20152,713 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign12,841 Views38 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK7,796 Views28 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL2,092 Views16 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"12,051 Views48 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida9,091 Views75 Comments
- Chris Brown Is Being Sued By A Fan Who Was Injured At His Show5,894 Views19 Comments
- Top-8 September Sneaker Releases To Watch For2,290 Views0 Comments
- Powerhouse 2015 Line-Up Includes Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Future & More10,276 Views55 Comments
- De La Soul Recruit Usher, Snoop Dogg, 2 Chainz, Pete Rock & More For New Album4,314 Views9 Comments
You may also like...
- Tinashe "Bet" x "Feels Like Vegas" Video1,166 Views
- Majid Jordan Feat. Drake "My Love" Video6,203 Views