Cozz is one of the most exciting new rappers we've come across over the past year or two, and he was quickly scooped up by J. Cole's Dreamville imprint (after having only one real song/music video out, no less).
Drake's been running his city for some time, and with that comes the responsibility of putting on an annual festival with some of the hottest rappers in the game, Drake included.
The already-stacked SXSW lineup just got even crazier. Joining a packed schedule of shows is a "Dreamville Takeover" headed up by J. Cole and also featuring Bas, Cozz, Omen and more, and it goes down Saturday, March 21st at Austin's Moody Theater.
Cozz successfully delivered his debut album on J. Cole's Dreamville imprint, Cozz & Effect, the other month. Although the rapper is still new to the game, he impressed with his polished raps and production.
You can feel Cozz's hunger when listening to his music. It's easy to understand why J. Cole would want the youngster out of LA on his Dreamville/Interscope Label. Cozz has the lyrical trappings of a rapstar in the making.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
The other day the young West Coast native, Cozz, revealed the tracklist and cover art for his pretty anticipated debut project, Cozz & Effect. The free offering, which will also be up on iTunes, features his Dreamville label mate Bas as well as his bossman J.
Dreamville Rapper Cozz Reveals Artwork & Tracklist For Debut Mixtape "Cozz & Effect" Sep 29, 2014 at 02:55pm
Last week, Cozz ended the week with the release of a new record "Wait's Over," declaring that his debut mixtape on the Dreamville imprint would be arriving shortly.
J. Cole Signs Cozz To Dreamville/Interscope Imprint [Update: Cozz Speaks On Being Signed] Jun 29, 2014 at 01:19pm
It looks like J. Cole is adding some more talent to his Dreamville Imprint. Earlier today, Jermaine confirmed that he has signed L.A. rapper, Cozz.
- Migos Postpone "Yung Rich Nation" Tour56 Views0 Comments
- Creator, Cast of "The Wire" Speak On Baltimore Riots887 Views9 Comments
- Top-5 Air Jordan Releases To Watch For In May469 Views0 Comments
- Behind The Beat: Ducko Mcfli561 Views0 Comments
- Stream Kehlani’s New Album “You Should Be Here”2,893 Views15 Comments
- 10 Essential Jamie xx Tracks6,288 Views19 Comments
- The Game Has Been Repeating The Same "Freestyle" For Four Years59,547 Views159 Comments
- Nelly Is Putting Out A Country Project6,297 Views46 Comments
- Top Tracks: April 20- April 262,249 Views3 Comments
- Waka Flocka Asks To Buy Out Of Atlantic Contract10,849 Views29 Comments
- Is Amber Rose Dating Machine Gun Kelly?34,669 Views108 Comments
- Who Had The Better Verse: Jay Z Vs. Kanye West20,335 Views96 Comments
- Listen To 3 New Remixes From K Camp7,550 Views10 Comments
- "6 God" Producer Syk Sense Says Drake Had The Beat Before Jace19,419 Views47 Comments
You may also like...
- Big Deal261 Views