Cozz is one of the most exciting new rappers we've come across over the past year or two, and he was quickly scooped up by J. Cole's Dreamville imprint (after having only one real song/music video out, no less).
Drake's been running his city for some time, and with that comes the responsibility of putting on an annual festival with some of the hottest rappers in the game, Drake included.
The already-stacked SXSW lineup just got even crazier. Joining a packed schedule of shows is a "Dreamville Takeover" headed up by J. Cole and also featuring Bas, Cozz, Omen and more, and it goes down Saturday, March 21st at Austin's Moody Theater.
Cozz successfully delivered his debut album on J. Cole's Dreamville imprint, Cozz & Effect, the other month. Although the rapper is still new to the game, he impressed with his polished raps and production.
You can feel Cozz's hunger when listening to his music. It's easy to understand why J. Cole would want the youngster out of LA on his Dreamville/Interscope Label. Cozz has the lyrical trappings of a rapstar in the making.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
The other day the young West Coast native, Cozz, revealed the tracklist and cover art for his pretty anticipated debut project, Cozz & Effect. The free offering, which will also be up on iTunes, features his Dreamville label mate Bas as well as his bossman J.
Dreamville Rapper Cozz Reveals Artwork & Tracklist For Debut Mixtape "Cozz & Effect" Sep 29, 2014 at 02:55pm
Last week, Cozz ended the week with the release of a new record "Wait's Over," declaring that his debut mixtape on the Dreamville imprint would be arriving shortly.
J. Cole Signs Cozz To Dreamville/Interscope Imprint [Update: Cozz Speaks On Being Signed] Jun 29, 2014 at 01:19pm
It looks like J. Cole is adding some more talent to his Dreamville Imprint. Earlier today, Jermaine confirmed that he has signed L.A. rapper, Cozz.
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)1,752 Views7 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL3,752 Views31 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape10,883 Views42 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them3,344 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans2,663 Views5 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)972 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack2,719 Views18 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death16,139 Views43 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God5,610 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape11,252 Views60 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album30,047 Views149 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon11,523 Views59 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again6,901 Views27 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations6,996 Views17 Comments
- TBT: Ice Cube7,030 Views28 Comments