Cozz is one of the most exciting new rappers we've come across over the past year or two, and he was quickly scooped up by J. Cole's Dreamville imprint (after having only one real song/music video out, no less).
Drake's been running his city for some time, and with that comes the responsibility of putting on an annual festival with some of the hottest rappers in the game, Drake included.
The already-stacked SXSW lineup just got even crazier. Joining a packed schedule of shows is a "Dreamville Takeover" headed up by J. Cole and also featuring Bas, Cozz, Omen and more, and it goes down Saturday, March 21st at Austin's Moody Theater.
Cozz successfully delivered his debut album on J. Cole's Dreamville imprint, Cozz & Effect, the other month. Although the rapper is still new to the game, he impressed with his polished raps and production.
You can feel Cozz's hunger when listening to his music. It's easy to understand why J. Cole would want the youngster out of LA on his Dreamville/Interscope Label. Cozz has the lyrical trappings of a rapstar in the making.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
The other day the young West Coast native, Cozz, revealed the tracklist and cover art for his pretty anticipated debut project, Cozz & Effect. The free offering, which will also be up on iTunes, features his Dreamville label mate Bas as well as his bossman J.
Dreamville Rapper Cozz Reveals Artwork & Tracklist For Debut Mixtape "Cozz & Effect" Sep 29, 2014 at 02:55 PM
Last week, Cozz ended the week with the release of a new record "Wait's Over," declaring that his debut mixtape on the Dreamville imprint would be arriving shortly.
J. Cole Signs Cozz To Dreamville/Interscope Imprint [Update: Cozz Speaks On Being Signed] Jun 29, 2014 at 01:19 PM
It looks like J. Cole is adding some more talent to his Dreamville Imprint. Earlier today, Jermaine confirmed that he has signed L.A. rapper, Cozz.
- Tech N9ne Reveals "Special Effects" Tour Dates262 Views3 Comments
- Stream Ballout & Tadoe's "The Rise Of Glo Gang Empire"731 Views9 Comments
- Stream Archibald Slim's "The Other Special Guest"230 Views1 Comment
- Forgot About Dre: Tracking Dr. Dre's Last Five Years5,484 Views24 Comments
- Kanye West Is Headlining KIIS FM’s Wango Tango Event1,463 Views13 Comments
- Drake's OVO x Mitchell & Ness 'Raptors' Collab Officially Unveiled2,063 Views0 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: See The LOX Live In Brooklyn241 Views0 Comments
- T-Pain Says He's Not Making A "Comeback," Explains Aaliyah Collaboration6,913 Views11 Comments
- Lit At LIV: 5 Altercations At The Miami Club5,585 Views12 Comments
- Stream OG Maco's "I Made This Shit Before 'U Guessed It'" Compilation3,756 Views9 Comments
- Lil Durk's Manager Reportedly Killed In Chicago Shooting17,238 Views40 Comments
- 40 Vs. Boi-1da10,400 Views54 Comments
- Stream Eric Bellinger's "Birthday Gifts" EP3,389 Views8 Comments
- Social Media Roasts West Virginia Following Blowout Loss To Kentucky5,536 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Has The First No. 1 Album Ever With "Pimp" In Its Title18,017 Views103 Comments