Jay Z and Budweiser are teaming up for another edition of their Made In America festival, and today they've revealed the 2015 line-up.
Cozz is one of the most exciting new rappers we've come across over the past year or two, and he was quickly scooped up by J. Cole's Dreamville imprint (after having only one real song/music video out, no less).
Drake's been running his city for some time, and with that comes the responsibility of putting on an annual festival with some of the hottest rappers in the game, Drake included.
The already-stacked SXSW lineup just got even crazier. Joining a packed schedule of shows is a "Dreamville Takeover" headed up by J. Cole and also featuring Bas, Cozz, Omen and more, and it goes down Saturday, March 21st at Austin's Moody Theater.
Cozz successfully delivered his debut album on J. Cole's Dreamville imprint, Cozz & Effect, the other month. Although the rapper is still new to the game, he impressed with his polished raps and production.
You can feel Cozz's hunger when listening to his music. It's easy to understand why J. Cole would want the youngster out of LA on his Dreamville/Interscope Label. Cozz has the lyrical trappings of a rapstar in the making.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
The other day the young West Coast native, Cozz, revealed the tracklist and cover art for his pretty anticipated debut project, Cozz & Effect. The free offering, which will also be up on iTunes, features his Dreamville label mate Bas as well as his bossman J.
Dreamville Rapper Cozz Reveals Artwork & Tracklist For Debut Mixtape "Cozz & Effect" Sep 29, 2014 at 02:55pm
Last week, Cozz ended the week with the release of a new record "Wait's Over," declaring that his debut mixtape on the Dreamville imprint would be arriving shortly.
J. Cole Signs Cozz To Dreamville/Interscope Imprint [Update: Cozz Speaks On Being Signed] Jun 29, 2014 at 01:19pm
It looks like J. Cole is adding some more talent to his Dreamville Imprint. Earlier today, Jermaine confirmed that he has signed L.A. rapper, Cozz.
- Miguel Clarifies Frank Ocean Statement12,712 Views32 Comments
- The Game Says Dr. Dre Called "The Documentary 2" The Best Rap Album In 5 Years25,435 Views232 Comments
- The 10 Best Nina Simone Samples In Hip Hop5,114 Views3 Comments
- First Week Sales Numbers For Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"38,856 Views134 Comments
- Kidd Kidd Released From Jail7,488 Views28 Comments
- Diddy Reportedly Preparing "No Way Out 2" As His Final Album8,862 Views26 Comments
- Lil Wayne’s Best Pop Culture References In "FWA"17,951 Views127 Comments
- Nick Young Says Blake Griffin Is 'Too Beige' To Star In The Next Space Jam Movie3,951 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Calls Rick Ross Kidnapping Charges "Bullshit"15,692 Views28 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Was 2 Hours Late To Her Wireless Festival Set10,504 Views22 Comments
- Miguel Believes He Makes "Better Music" Than Frank Ocean13,965 Views111 Comments
- 5 NBA Stars Who Will Have New Homes Next Season4,351 Views0 Comments
- 50 Cent & Diddy's Effen Vs. Ciroc Battle Continues On Instagram24,005 Views77 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Shot A Short Film Starring Skepta & Novelist7,809 Views8 Comments
- Joe Budden Reveals "All Love Lost" Cover Art10,504 Views51 Comments
You may also like...
- M.I.A. Previews New Music566 Views