Cozz is one of the most exciting new rappers we've come across over the past year or two, and he was quickly scooped up by J. Cole's Dreamville imprint (after having only one real song/music video out, no less).
Drake's been running his city for some time, and with that comes the responsibility of putting on an annual festival with some of the hottest rappers in the game, Drake included.
The already-stacked SXSW lineup just got even crazier. Joining a packed schedule of shows is a "Dreamville Takeover" headed up by J. Cole and also featuring Bas, Cozz, Omen and more, and it goes down Saturday, March 21st at Austin's Moody Theater.
Cozz successfully delivered his debut album on J. Cole's Dreamville imprint, Cozz & Effect, the other month. Although the rapper is still new to the game, he impressed with his polished raps and production.
You can feel Cozz's hunger when listening to his music. It's easy to understand why J. Cole would want the youngster out of LA on his Dreamville/Interscope Label. Cozz has the lyrical trappings of a rapstar in the making.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
The other day the young West Coast native, Cozz, revealed the tracklist and cover art for his pretty anticipated debut project, Cozz & Effect. The free offering, which will also be up on iTunes, features his Dreamville label mate Bas as well as his bossman J.
Dreamville Rapper Cozz Reveals Artwork & Tracklist For Debut Mixtape "Cozz & Effect" Sep 29, 2014 at 02:55pm
Last week, Cozz ended the week with the release of a new record "Wait's Over," declaring that his debut mixtape on the Dreamville imprint would be arriving shortly.
J. Cole Signs Cozz To Dreamville/Interscope Imprint [Update: Cozz Speaks On Being Signed] Jun 29, 2014 at 01:19pm
It looks like J. Cole is adding some more talent to his Dreamville Imprint. Earlier today, Jermaine confirmed that he has signed L.A. rapper, Cozz.
- Sir Michael Rocks Confirms, The Cool Kids Are Never Coming Back2,076 Views9 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 19 - April 25575 Views0 Comments
- Killer Mike Had Dinner At The White House & He Documented It All On Social Media3,006 Views12 Comments
- Some Lucky Teen Got Nicki Minaj To Perform At His Bar Mitzvah5,360 Views31 Comments
- Jay Z Defends TIDAL In "Stream Of Consciousness" Twitter Address21,007 Views123 Comments
- Young Thug Heckled & Booed At Show In Louisiana30,305 Views115 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik"3,244 Views12 Comments
- Tyga Got A Kylie Jenner Tattoo42,786 Views98 Comments
- Lil Wayne's Tour Bus Shot At In Atlanta32,144 Views80 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Is The Happiest Dad On Earth11,065 Views38 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 259,301 Views23 Comments
- Daz Dillinger Has Two Unreleased Songs With Biggie Smalls Still In The Vault11,791 Views26 Comments
- 10 Essential Yung Lean Tracks 9,560 Views44 Comments
- Ciara Previews Two New Songs On Instagram8,242 Views17 Comments
You may also like...