Jay Z and Budweiser are teaming up for another edition of their Made In America festival, and today they've revealed the 2015 line-up.
Cozz is one of the most exciting new rappers we've come across over the past year or two, and he was quickly scooped up by J. Cole's Dreamville imprint (after having only one real song/music video out, no less).
Drake's been running his city for some time, and with that comes the responsibility of putting on an annual festival with some of the hottest rappers in the game, Drake included.
The already-stacked SXSW lineup just got even crazier. Joining a packed schedule of shows is a "Dreamville Takeover" headed up by J. Cole and also featuring Bas, Cozz, Omen and more, and it goes down Saturday, March 21st at Austin's Moody Theater.
Cozz successfully delivered his debut album on J. Cole's Dreamville imprint, Cozz & Effect, the other month. Although the rapper is still new to the game, he impressed with his polished raps and production.
You can feel Cozz's hunger when listening to his music. It's easy to understand why J. Cole would want the youngster out of LA on his Dreamville/Interscope Label. Cozz has the lyrical trappings of a rapstar in the making.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
The other day the young West Coast native, Cozz, revealed the tracklist and cover art for his pretty anticipated debut project, Cozz & Effect. The free offering, which will also be up on iTunes, features his Dreamville label mate Bas as well as his bossman J.
Dreamville Rapper Cozz Reveals Artwork & Tracklist For Debut Mixtape "Cozz & Effect" Sep 29, 2014 at 02:55pm
Last week, Cozz ended the week with the release of a new record "Wait's Over," declaring that his debut mixtape on the Dreamville imprint would be arriving shortly.
J. Cole Signs Cozz To Dreamville/Interscope Imprint [Update: Cozz Speaks On Being Signed] Jun 29, 2014 at 01:19pm
It looks like J. Cole is adding some more talent to his Dreamville Imprint. Earlier today, Jermaine confirmed that he has signed L.A. rapper, Cozz.
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal11,937 Views46 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"5,542 Views17 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"19,634 Views71 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour1,511 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date44,152 Views192 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)1,690 Views3 Comments
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test4,275 Views21 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"4,882 Views17 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness10,765 Views13 Comments
- French Montana "Mac And Cheese: The Album" Release Date Revealed9,859 Views45 Comments
- 3 Takeaways From Jay Rock's "90059" Listening Party10,391 Views44 Comments
- Miami Heat Owner Hints At Possible 'South Beach' Inspired Jerseys For Next Season2,911 Views0 Comments
- Omarion Enlists Nic Nac, James Fauntleroy & More For "Reasons"5,894 Views17 Comments
- Top 5 Lil Wayne Verses On Hot Boys' Songs9,435 Views27 Comments
- Kirk Knight Announces Debut Album, "Late Knight Special"3,525 Views14 Comments
You may also like...