This was Straight Outta Compton's week, and the sales reflect it. Dr. Dre's long-awaited third studio album made an impressive number one debut, becoming the third best rap sales week of 2015 behind Drake and Kendrick Lamar.
After garnering $24.2 million at the box office on Friday, "Straight Outta Compton" closed out its opening weekend with $56.1 million in sales.
Dr. Dre On Meeting The Actor Who Portrayed Him In Straight Outta Compton: "It Freaked Me Out" Aug 16, 2015 at 01:00pm
Straight Outta Compton is a certified hit, but its also a critical success -- with plenty of praise for the new faces who played the iconic group.
Dr. Dre's Compton: The Soundtrack dropped Friday, his first album in 16 years and his "grand finale," and as you might expect it is projected to do huge numbers its first week.
This room has been silent for sixteen years. For sixteen years, this hip-hop fan has waited for this hallowed space to be filled with the sounds of a classic that was promised-- Detox. The ultimate follow up to Dr.
Toronto's Director X is now one of the most successful music video directors around. He's directed multiple Drake videos, as well as recent videos for T.I., Iggy Azalea, and Wiz Khalifa.
An estimated 2,500 fans turned out for Kendrick Lamar's Saturday album signing at a Best Buy in Compton, his first public appearance in his hometown since the release of To Pimp A Butterfly earlier this week.
In the new issue of XXL, we get to hear directly from Kendrick Lamar-- instead of going the typical and sometimes boring interview route, Kendrick Lamar writes about himself in the first person.
As if there weren't enough reasons to be envious of Dr. Dre right now, Compton Mayor Aja Brown has officially reached out to the rapper's camp to offer the new billionaire the key to his home city.
Game is known for honoring his heroes by having them permanently inked on his body. This year alone, we've seen the rapper brand himself with images of Nate Dogg, Trayvon Martin, Dr. Dre, and Barack Obama.
The Game Raises Funds For Funeral Of Murdered 7-Year-Old, Spearheads "Cease-Fire L.A." Campaign Dec 5, 2013 at 01:37pm
7-year-old Talib Pecantte of Los Angeles was shot in the chest on Monday night while sitting in a parked vehicle with his mother and an unidentified man in the Mid-City area. Tragically, he succumbed to his wounds the following evening.
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"4,991 Views43 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival2,913 Views18 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport5,739 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See13,632 Views115 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans3,048 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum16,756 Views122 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?10,114 Views94 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby18,844 Views63 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus17,241 Views89 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"5,899 Views34 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works477 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds10,417 Views38 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice2,510 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More7,130 Views18 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC3,032 Views0 Comments