Strangely, Chief Keef has had a lot of trouble attempting to throw a benefit concert for an infant killed in Chicago. One-year-old Dillan Harris was hit by the car fleeing from the murder of Keef's friend and collaborator, Capo.
Chief Keef is fighting fire with fire. After the city of Chicago nixed his planned hologram benefit concert at the last second, he says he plans to proceed with a secret benefit concert.
Earlier this week, it was announced that Chicago's Chief Keef would put on a concert in benefit of a toddler that was killed in the wake of Capo's shooting.
With its blunt illustrations of the dangers of life growing in inner city Chicago, drill music has had a powerful influence shaping the sound of hip hop over the course of the last half-decade.
Chance The Rapper continues to take on ventures outside of the traditional rap sphere. After putting on a free event for teens in the Chi, his latest move involves acting.
Chance The Rapper is one of the few artists who has been actively uplifting and bettering his own community, not just talking about doing so.
Chance The Rapper first met Kanye West at Jay Z's Made In America festival last September, and wasn't shy in letting the world know that he finally got to meet one of his idols, calling himself Ye's "#1 fan."
Chance The Rapper hasn't had good luck with his health over the last couple of years. One year ago (nearly to the day, actually), the Chicago emcee announced that he would be cancelling some shows after suffering symptoms of tonsillitis and the flu.
Just under a month ago, we got the tragic news that Lil Durk's longtime manager, OTF Chino, had been killed in a shooting in Chicago.
It's been just a little over eleven months since Lil Durk announced his debut album and shared the title with us, and now we have official artwork and a release date. Remember My Name will be out on June 2nd on Def Jam.
As an actor, Kanye West has made cameos in a number of films ("The Love Guru" and "Anchorman 2," to name a few), and starred in a few of his own, but he's never had that major of a role in someone else's movie.
Although he once claimed to be "so Chi" that you thought he was bashful, Kanye West isn't frequently thought of as a quintessential Chicago rapper, with his global fame often overshadowing his ties to his hometown. Mr.
Vic Mensa got his biggest break to date by singing on Kanye West's "Wolves", which will appear on So Help Me God. The collaboration doesn't stop there, though, as Kanye will also lend a verse to Vic's upcoming album.
Although he's been releasing a steady stream of mixtapes in recent years (the latest being 2013's Ism Churchill), Chicago rapper GLC hasn't really been in the spotlight since he guested on Kanye West's first two albums in the early 2000s.
As is obvious from the multiple "who??" comments that still somehow show up on pretty much everything we post about Tink, many of you still need to get familiar with one of hip-hop's most talented young stars.
Tree is one of Chicago's hardest working rappers, and while he's garnered a fair bit of critical praise, he's yet to have his true breakthrough moment.
Chance The Rapper Helps Chicago Students Celebrate The Inaugural Get Schooled, Get Connected Challenge Jan 20, 2015 at 05:52am
Chance the Rapper and an all-star team of celebrities helped Get Schooled and 3000 Chicago public high school students celebrate the raising of $100,000 for six Chicago high schools and six Community Based Organizations which earned the most points in the "Ge
Back in 2012, Interscope Records took a big gamble by signing a volatile rapper from Chicago, Chief Keef.
Lucki Eck$ is one of the most interesting characters in the rap game. Still a teenager, the rapper has taken the world by storm with his lazy flow, smooth beats and often uncomfortable subject matter.
Although Chance included the title in his rap name, and asked you to "please say" it in one of his best-loved tracks, "The Rapper" hasn't been the only occupation that the 21 year old MC has taken on since rising to fame with acclaimed mixtapes.
HotNewHipHop's On The Come Up series profiles rising stars in the rap game that show strong promise and the will to succeed. Most of the time, they're new to the site but deserve some shine.
- Stream Dreezy's "Call It What You Want" EP659 Views1 Comment
- VH1 Announces Premiere Date For The Game's Dating Show "She's Got Game"4,016 Views33 Comments
- Mariah Carey To Get Her Own Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame1,844 Views17 Comments
- Shy Glizzy Arrested In Maryland11,671 Views16 Comments
- David Banner Sues Young Money Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties8,534 Views31 Comments
- Fetty Wap The First Male Rapper To Have Two Top 10 Singles Since Lil Wayne23,691 Views139 Comments
- Damian Lillard Releases New Song Using Classic Jadakiss Beat1,873 Views0 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Announces "Family Matters" Tour4,552 Views9 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Says Kanye West Almost Narrated "Surf"6,109 Views16 Comments
- 7 Times Rappers Trolled The World14,830 Views21 Comments
- Young Thug Waives His Preliminary Hearing In Terroristic Threats Case9,707 Views26 Comments
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Cover Complex3,752 Views50 Comments
- Ebro Speaks On Funk Flex Fiasco, Responds To Power 105.124,505 Views49 Comments
- Charlamagne Tha God Gives Funkmaster Flex "Donkey Of The Day"33,506 Views59 Comments
- Mac Miller's Journey To Finish His 3rd Studio Album11,877 Views43 Comments
You may also like...
- The Weeknd "Can't Feel My Face" Video22,073 Views