Chance The Rapper first met Kanye West at Jay Z's Made In America festival last September, and wasn't shy in letting the world know that he finally got to meet one of his idols, calling himself Ye's "#1 fan."
Chance The Rapper hasn't had good luck with his health over the last couple of years. One year ago (nearly to the day, actually), the Chicago emcee announced that he would be cancelling some shows after suffering symptoms of tonsillitis and the flu.
Just under a month ago, we got the tragic news that Lil Durk's longtime manager, OTF Chino, had been killed in a shooting in Chicago.
It's been just a little over eleven months since Lil Durk announced his debut album and shared the title with us, and now we have official artwork and a release date. Remember My Name will be out on June 2nd on Def Jam.
As an actor, Kanye West has made cameos in a number of films ("The Love Guru" and "Anchorman 2," to name a few), and starred in a few of his own, but he's never had that major of a role in someone else's movie.
Although he once claimed to be "so Chi" that you thought he was bashful, Kanye West isn't frequently thought of as a quintessential Chicago rapper, with his global fame often overshadowing his ties to his hometown. Mr.
Vic Mensa got his biggest break to date by singing on Kanye West's "Wolves", which will appear on So Help Me God. The collaboration doesn't stop there, though, as Kanye will also lend a verse to Vic's upcoming album.
Although he's been releasing a steady stream of mixtapes in recent years (the latest being 2013's Ism Churchill), Chicago rapper GLC hasn't really been in the spotlight since he guested on Kanye West's first two albums in the early 2000s.
As is obvious from the multiple "who??" comments that still somehow show up on pretty much everything we post about Tink, many of you still need to get familiar with one of hip-hop's most talented young stars.
Tree is one of Chicago's hardest working rappers, and while he's garnered a fair bit of critical praise, he's yet to have his true breakthrough moment.
Chance The Rapper Helps Chicago Students Celebrate The Inaugural Get Schooled, Get Connected Challenge Jan 20, 2015 at 05:52am
Chance the Rapper and an all-star team of celebrities helped Get Schooled and 3000 Chicago public high school students celebrate the raising of $100,000 for six Chicago high schools and six Community Based Organizations which earned the most points in the "Ge
Back in 2012, Interscope Records took a big gamble by signing a volatile rapper from Chicago, Chief Keef.
Lucki Eck$ is one of the most interesting characters in the rap game. Still a teenager, the rapper has taken the world by storm with his lazy flow, smooth beats and often uncomfortable subject matter.
Although Chance included the title in his rap name, and asked you to "please say" it in one of his best-loved tracks, "The Rapper" hasn't been the only occupation that the 21 year old MC has taken on since rising to fame with acclaimed mixtapes.
HotNewHipHop's On The Come Up series profiles rising stars in the rap game that show strong promise and the will to succeed. Most of the time, they're new to the site but deserve some shine.
Vic Mensa is barely old enough to drink, but that hasn't stopped this 21-year-old MC from livin' the life. After touring with Disclosure earlier this year, Mensa's popularity has been on the steady rise.
Commercial rap conversation often revolves around the same dozen or so artists, with the spotlight constricting further in regional rap discussions. This is especially true of Chicago.
Although the dust is still settling on his summer mixtape Tony, King Louie is taking no time at all to announce a follow up, which will be the third installment in his Drilluminati series.
Jay Electronica To Appear On Common's "Kingdom" Remix [Update: Remix Debuts At AAHH!Fest] Sep 22, 2014 at 02:33am
Jay Electronica has emerged from hiding to appear at AAHH!Fest in Chicago alongside some of hip-hop's finest.
This has been a pretty heavy news day for Mr. West.
Mick Jenkins is far from being a household name, but with just one mixtape under his belt, he's already developed an extremely distinct style and a clear vision to go along with it.
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals647 Views0 Comments
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour2,363 Views8 Comments
- Stream Jamie xx's Debut Album, "In Colour"2,790 Views6 Comments
- Happy Birthday Miles: 10 Miles Davis Samples In Hip-Hop4,443 Views4 Comments
- Pusha T Responds To Leaked Track, Calls "King Push" A "Masterpiece"17,668 Views67 Comments
- 5 Producers The Weeknd Should Work With8,811 Views23 Comments
- Juelz Santana & Jadakiss Suggest Benefit Concert For Chinx's Family5,446 Views22 Comments
- Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj Aren't Actually Engaged19,961 Views38 Comments
- Stream The Alchemist's Instrumental Album "Israeli Salad"3,490 Views5 Comments
- Lil B Will Be In Attendance For Game 5 To Personally Curse James Harden3,495 Views0 Comments
- Birdman Pays The IRS $2 Million In Back Taxes10,047 Views29 Comments
- Air Jordan 7 'Championship Pack' Officially Unveiled 1,659 Views0 Comments
- Stream ASAP Rocky's Sophomore Album "At.Long.Last.A$AP"112,412 Views230 Comments
- Stream Boosie Badazz' New Album "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell"25,770 Views58 Comments
- ASAP Rocky To Release "At.Long.Last.ASAP" At Midnight Tonight71,466 Views196 Comments