As is obvious from the multiple "who??" comments that still somehow show up on pretty much everything we post about Tink, many of you still need to get familiar with one of hip-hop's most talented young stars.
Tree is one of Chicago's hardest working rappers, and while he's garnered a fair bit of critical praise, he's yet to have his true breakthrough moment.
Chance The Rapper Helps Chicago Students Celebrate The Inaugural Get Schooled, Get Connected Challenge Jan 20, 2015 at 05:52am
Chance the Rapper and an all-star team of celebrities helped Get Schooled and 3000 Chicago public high school students celebrate the raising of $100,000 for six Chicago high schools and six Community Based Organizations which earned the most points in the "Ge
Back in 2012, Interscope Records took a big gamble by signing a volatile rapper from Chicago, Chief Keef.
Lucki Eck$ is one of the most interesting characters in the rap game. Still a teenager, the rapper has taken the world by storm with his lazy flow, smooth beats and often uncomfortable subject matter.
Although Chance included the title in his rap name, and asked you to "please say" it in one of his best-loved tracks, "The Rapper" hasn't been the only occupation that the 21 year old MC has taken on since rising to fame with acclaimed mixtapes.
HotNewHipHop's On The Come Up series profiles rising stars in the rap game that show strong promise and the will to succeed. Most of the time, they're new to the site but deserve some shine.
Vic Mensa is barely old enough to drink, but that hasn't stopped this 21-year-old MC from livin' the life. After touring with Disclosure earlier this year, Mensa's popularity has been on the steady rise.
Commercial rap conversation often revolves around the same dozen or so artists, with the spotlight constricting further in regional rap discussions. This is especially true of Chicago.
Although the dust is still settling on his summer mixtape Tony, King Louie is taking no time at all to announce a follow up, which will be the third installment in his Drilluminati series.
Jay Electronica To Appear On Common's "Kingdom" Remix [Update: Remix Debuts At AAHH!Fest] Sep 22, 2014 at 02:33am
Jay Electronica has emerged from hiding to appear at AAHH!Fest in Chicago alongside some of hip-hop's finest.
This has been a pretty heavy news day for Mr. West.
Mick Jenkins is far from being a household name, but with just one mixtape under his belt, he's already developed an extremely distinct style and a clear vision to go along with it.
Common Shares Artwork For "Nobody's Smiling" Featuring G Count And King Louie [Update: Official Standard/Deluxe Covers Released] Jun 25, 2014 at 12:49pm
With his new album Nobody's Smiling, Common has already made his mission clear: the violence tearing apart Chicago's youth must be addressed.
The Save Money crew is still pretty young to the rap game, but if the successes of members Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa are any indicator (both MCs have appeared on the new XXL Freshmen 2014 cover) it won’t take long for them to become a household name.
Just three days ago, Lil Durk shared the video for his song "OC," which featured his cousin OTF Nunu spitting two gun-heavy verses that included lines like "These guns they burn like Usher" and "Blowin' that Tec like a ref with a whistle." Now, it seems the vi
The festival news keeps pouring in. While we learned earlier today that Murs' Paid Dues festival is cancelled this year, North Coast Music Festival in the Chi is going strong on their five-year anniversary.
Nicki Minaj's recent track "Chi-Raq" was the biggest look that Lil Herb's gotten thus far in his young career, and according to him, it's made a lot of other artists interested in him.
- Top 5 "Shook Ones" Freestyles3,134 Views14 Comments
- Kanye West, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, J. Cole & More Announced As Owners Of TIDAL13,385 Views26 Comments
- Lil Wayne To Release "Free Weezy Album" In April?6,540 Views36 Comments
- Kevin Durant Lists His Top-10 NBA Players, Speaks On His 'Rap Career' + More1,054 Views0 Comments
- Rihanna's 10 Hardest Hip Hop Tracks3,248 Views9 Comments
- De La Soul Launch Kickstarter For First Album In A Decade1,192 Views18 Comments
- Waka Flocka Announces "Salute Me Or Shoot Me 5" Mixtape Release Date2,625 Views18 Comments
- A History Of Wiz Khalifa X Curren$y Collabs3,253 Views14 Comments
- 50 Cent & French Montana Clown Each Other On Instagram21,558 Views66 Comments
- Action Bronson Announces "Mr. Wonderful" World Tour3,396 Views12 Comments
- The Game Allegedly Punches Man During Pro-Am Basketball Game6,316 Views22 Comments
- Top Tracks Of The Week: March 25 - March 301,883 Views2 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Covers Complex5,790 Views15 Comments
- Leaked Images Of Jordan Brand's Summer '15 Lineup2,937 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- Watch Jay Z's TIDAL Launch Announcement Live6,281 Views