The numbers are in, and Jay-Z pulled through, as expected, with the #1 debut on the charts this week. Magna Carta Holy Grail actually moved more units than expected-- selling a whopping 528,208 copies opening week, according to HitsDailyDouble.
The numbers have arrived for 50 Cent's new solo album Animal Ambition. The album, which dropped on June 3rd, was projected to move around 30,000-35,000 units opening week.
Every Song Off Drake's "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" Is Charting On Billboard Feb 26, 2015 at 09:47am
Over the weekend, on Charts Don't Lie, we saw how basically half of Drake's new project was charting on Billboard's Hot 100.
ScHoolboy Q's "Oxymoron" Debuts At No. 1, Kid Cudi's "Satellite Flight" At No. 4 Mar 4, 2014 at 05:37pm
The numbers are in for both ScHoolboy Q's Oxymoron and Kid Cudi's Satellite Flight albums. Last week, according to projections, Q was on track to move 150-160k, while Cudder was looking like he'd sell 90-95k.
Macklemore's "Thrift Shop" Tops Billboard's 100 Hot Rap Songs Of The Last 25 Years Mar 8, 2014 at 03:20pm
When Macklemore is recognized in any hip hop category, the reaction is usually nothing short of an uproar. So was the case with his Best Rap Album Grammy win over Kendrick Lamar, yet Mack continues to come out on top.
Among a bevy of much poppier artists, G-Unit performed at this past weekend's iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas, and while backstage, the crew's de facto leader shared some of his thoughts on the gradual decline in record sales we've seen in the past few year
This week is an exciting not only due to a lot of movement in the chart, but the fact that four rap albums take up the top spots on the Billboard 200.
While there were a couple of debuts this week, the top 2 albums were not able to be unseated. Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly is still sitting comfortably atop the charts, while the Empire soundtrack trails not-so-far behind.
We're seeing a lot of Spotify records being broken these days, which says more about the prevalence of streaming than anything, but while Drake and Kendrick's recent triumphs could be seen from a mile away, Wiz Khalifa's new records are rather surprising.
This week marks the end of an era, with Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" unseating the seemingly invincible "Uptown Funk". The success of Khalifa's record was seen in album sales as well with Furious 7 moving up to the top spot on the Billboard 200.
The biggest story from last week's charts is far-and-away Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly, which hit iTunes a week earlier than expected, which seems to have benefitted the LP, despite a rocky start to the release.
Fox's Empire is the biggest breakout hit on TV this season, and as much as it seemed poised to earn a big audience, it's success has exceeded expectations.
This week's chart contenders prove to be rather boring, because not much has happened in the past week when it comes to rap, hip-hop and r'n'b charters. We've got Nicki Minaj doing what she does at her #2 spot, which she refuses to leave, we've got J.
According to Billboard.com, Nielsen SoundScan’s R&B/Hip Hop charts reports that album sales for R&B/Hip Hop are down 19 percent from this time last year. In 2013, 23.7 million albums were sold as opposed to this year’s 19.13 million.
Last week, Spotify announced, among other year-end lists, that Pharrell Williams' "Happy" was their most-streamed song of the year. Now, iTunes is saying it's their top-selling song of the year. Damn.
Eminem narrowly edged out the Beatles to become the best selling artist of the last decade, and it seems he's still competing with the band, now matching a Billboard record previously set by the fab four.
Despite the mixed reception of his new album, Justin Timberlake is still winning. The singer still holds the highest debut of the year for the 20/20 Experience, and has topped the charts once again with part 2 of the endeavor.
- Wiz Khalifa Details PARTYNEXTDOOR Collaboration & Mixtape With Curren$y 14,410 Views35 Comments
- A Brief History Of The Game's Beefs23,520 Views54 Comments
- Joey Bada$$ Announces 1st Annual "Steez Day" Festival4,930 Views9 Comments
- Troy Ave Reveals "Major Without A Deal" Artwork4,042 Views32 Comments
- Kehlani Signs With Atlantic; Starts "Tsunami Mob" Imprint4,584 Views5 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Ciara's "Jackie"6,891 Views23 Comments
- Nail Emojis Are Now Flooding Young Thug's Instagram32,935 Views93 Comments
- Wale And Fashion Retailer 'Villa' Have A Collab In The Works1,010 Views0 Comments
- Nothing Was The Same: Ranking Drake's Remixes18,883 Views50 Comments
- Young Thug Responds To The Game's Threat, Game Replies88,797 Views213 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Talks About His Craziest Experiences On Mushrooms15,040 Views20 Comments
- Noah Breakfast Talks Tory Lanez & Rare MP3s4,803 Views6 Comments
- Fetty Wap Explains How Drake Ended Up Remixing "My Way"17,586 Views32 Comments
- Cher Says Kanye West Personally Thanked Her For Auto-Tune6,138 Views12 Comments
- Chris Paul's Top-10 Air Jordans543 Views0 Comments
You may also like...