The numbers are in, and Jay-Z pulled through, as expected, with the #1 debut on the charts this week. Magna Carta Holy Grail actually moved more units than expected-- selling a whopping 528,208 copies opening week, according to HitsDailyDouble.
Every Song Off Drake's "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" Is Charting On Billboard Feb 26, 2015 at 09:47 AM
Over the weekend, on Charts Don't Lie, we saw how basically half of Drake's new project was charting on Billboard's Hot 100.
The numbers have arrived for 50 Cent's new solo album Animal Ambition. The album, which dropped on June 3rd, was projected to move around 30,000-35,000 units opening week.
ScHoolboy Q's "Oxymoron" Debuts At No. 1, Kid Cudi's "Satellite Flight" At No. 4 Mar 4, 2014 at 05:37 PM
The numbers are in for both ScHoolboy Q's Oxymoron and Kid Cudi's Satellite Flight albums. Last week, according to projections, Q was on track to move 150-160k, while Cudder was looking like he'd sell 90-95k.
Eminem narrowly edged out the Beatles to become the best selling artist of the last decade, and it seems he's still competing with the band, now matching a Billboard record previously set by the fab four.
Macklemore's "Thrift Shop" Tops Billboard's 100 Hot Rap Songs Of The Last 25 Years Mar 8, 2014 at 03:20 PM
When Macklemore is recognized in any hip hop category, the reaction is usually nothing short of an uproar. So was the case with his Best Rap Album Grammy win over Kendrick Lamar, yet Mack continues to come out on top.
Among a bevy of much poppier artists, G-Unit performed at this past weekend's iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas, and while backstage, the crew's de facto leader shared some of his thoughts on the gradual decline in record sales we've seen in the past few year
Despite the mixed reception of his new album, Justin Timberlake is still winning. The singer still holds the highest debut of the year for the 20/20 Experience, and has topped the charts once again with part 2 of the endeavor.
This week's chart contenders prove to be rather boring, because not much has happened in the past week when it comes to rap, hip-hop and r'n'b charters. We've got Nicki Minaj doing what she does at her #2 spot, which she refuses to leave, we've got J.
Fox's Empire is the biggest breakout hit on TV this season, and as much as it seemed poised to earn a big audience, it's success has exceeded expectations.
According to Billboard.com, Nielsen SoundScan’s R&B/Hip Hop charts reports that album sales for R&B/Hip Hop are down 19 percent from this time last year. In 2013, 23.7 million albums were sold as opposed to this year’s 19.13 million.
The biggest story from last week's charts is far-and-away Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly, which hit iTunes a week earlier than expected, which seems to have benefitted the LP, despite a rocky start to the release.
Last week, Spotify announced, among other year-end lists, that Pharrell Williams' "Happy" was their most-streamed song of the year. Now, iTunes is saying it's their top-selling song of the year. Damn.
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"1,665 Views10 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 136 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery1,419 Views14 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"2,230 Views12 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue4,231 Views13 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 8,613 Views26 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way10,271 Views64 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 287,627 Views32 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month5,304 Views17 Comments
- Six Kendrick Lamar Songs Make Billboard's Hot 1008,178 Views84 Comments
- A$AP Mob Sued For Injuring Fan While Crowd Surfing 4,262 Views29 Comments
- The Game & DeJ Loaf Shoot "Ambitionz Of A Rida" Video4,558 Views18 Comments
- Tech N9ne Reveals "Special Effects" Tour Dates2,525 Views8 Comments
- Stream Ballout & Tadoe's "The Rise Of Glo Gang Empire"4,473 Views17 Comments