All Four Of Fetty Wap's Singles Are In The Top 10 On Billboard's Hot Rap Songs Chart Aug 20, 2015 at 04:17pm
We knew Fetty Wap was having a huge year pretty early on, around the time that "Trap Queen" started blasting out of roughly 50% of cars in all major cities. In terms of more measurable metrics, he's also killing it.
First week sales numbers are in for Dr. Dre's Compton: The Soundtrack. The album moved 278,558 units, slightly surpassing the projected number of 260,000-275,000 units.
Just hours after I heard it blare from speakers behind the counter of a Subway on my lunch break, The Weeknd's "Can't Feel My Face" has officially achieved the benchmark that we've all been expecting it to reach: the top spot on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
Even when a project is only tangentially connected to Eminem, it tends to sell. Em's executive-production of the soundtrack for Southpaw (as well as some exclusive material) has earned it an admirable debut at number four on the Billboard 200.
The #FutureHive has proved that internet hype can very much inspire actual album sales, as DS2 soars to number one, giving Hendrix not only his first number one, but doubling the sales of Honest.
It was yet another unpredictable week on the charts, with Meek Mill being dethroned by none other than -- Tyrese? That's right, the veteran R&B star turnt Furious 7 actor has landed his very first number one with his sixth studio album.
Meek Mill's sophomore album, Dreams Worth More Than Money surprised everyone when it was projected to move upwards of 200,000 copies its first week, and it's now clear that the estimation was accurate, as the final count has arrived.Hits Daily Double reports&n
While next week should be more exciting, the last round of rap sales were pretty lacklustre. With ASAP Rocky's album dropping to number 12, it's the first week in some time with no hip hop or R&B in the top ten.
This week saw a range of debuts from a range of artists. The top entry within rap and R&B went to Jason Derulo who slid in at number four, just under Rocky who managed to have another strong week.
We're seeing a few new rap entries grace the Billboard 200 this week, with new albums out from Lil Durk and Dom Kennedy. Durk's debut, Remember My Name, has been a long time coming, so long in fact, that it appears fans may have lost hope.
After a few uneventful weeks on the charts, ASAP Rocky and Boosie Badazz brought some much-needed excitement with their strong debuts. Each a respective triumph, Rocky took the number one spot, while Boosie moved in comfortably at number 3.
Teaming up with Taylor Swift might be the absolute safest way to get a number one on the Hot 100, and when it's paired with the hype for the "Bad Blood" video, it's pretty much a guarantee.
This week saw the debut of Snoop Dogg's Pharrell-helmed funk opus, which had a pretty modest opening, placing at number 14. While Tech N9ne blew us away with his top 5 debut last week, he fell considerably this cycle, moving all the way down to number 20.
This wasn't a very exciting week for rap on the charts. Over the last couple cycles we've seen the same albums slowly descending, with Drake being the only record to have a second wind in recent weeks.
This week marks the end of an era, with Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" unseating the seemingly invincible "Uptown Funk". The success of Khalifa's record was seen in album sales as well with Furious 7 moving up to the top spot on the Billboard 200.
We're seeing a lot of Spotify records being broken these days, which says more about the prevalence of streaming than anything, but while Drake and Kendrick's recent triumphs could be seen from a mile away, Wiz Khalifa's new records are rather surprising.
This week is an exciting not only due to a lot of movement in the chart, but the fact that four rap albums take up the top spots on the Billboard 200.
While there were a couple of debuts this week, the top 2 albums were not able to be unseated. Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly is still sitting comfortably atop the charts, while the Empire soundtrack trails not-so-far behind.
The biggest story from last week's charts is far-and-away Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly, which hit iTunes a week earlier than expected, which seems to have benefitted the LP, despite a rocky start to the release.
Fox's Empire is the biggest breakout hit on TV this season, and as much as it seemed poised to earn a big audience, it's success has exceeded expectations.
Every Song Off Drake's "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" Is Charting On Billboard Feb 26, 2015 at 09:47am
Over the weekend, on Charts Don't Lie, we saw how basically half of Drake's new project was charting on Billboard's Hot 100.
This week's chart contenders prove to be rather boring, because not much has happened in the past week when it comes to rap, hip-hop and r'n'b charters. We've got Nicki Minaj doing what she does at her #2 spot, which she refuses to leave, we've got J.
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMAs3,744 Views24 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week2,248 Views13 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers11,321 Views33 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit16,102 Views42 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,448 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20152,877 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign13,531 Views39 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK8,150 Views28 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL2,211 Views16 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"12,798 Views48 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida9,355 Views75 Comments
- Chris Brown Is Being Sued By A Fan Who Was Injured At His Show6,467 Views20 Comments
- Top-8 September Sneaker Releases To Watch For2,374 Views0 Comments
- Powerhouse 2015 Line-Up Includes Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Future & More10,651 Views56 Comments
- De La Soul Recruit Usher, Snoop Dogg, 2 Chainz, Pete Rock & More For New Album4,421 Views9 Comments
You may also like...
- Tinashe "Bet" x "Feels Like Vegas" Video1,499 Views
- Majid Jordan Feat. Drake "My Love" Video7,012 Views