This week we really saw the effects of Kendrick Lamar's verse on "Control" transfer over to the charts.
We have two new-comers to Charts Don't Lie this week, who come from opposite ends of the spectrum- Robin Thicke and Tech N9ne. Both artists had impressive debuts, with Thicke earning a #1 debut for the first time, and Tech N9ne earning his chart peak as well.
Last week we contemplated the low sales for Ace Hood's Trials & Tribulations album. This week, we see a severe drop for Ace's album, at the same time we get a new entry with similarly low sales, Rich Gang.
Our new entry on Charts Don't Lie this week belongs to Ace Hooooood. The rapper constantly on his grind delivered Trials & Tribulations after months of promotion, a huge hit single, "Bugatti," a listening event, among other things.
This week all eyes are Kanye West, J. Cole and Mac Miller. But mainly Kanye West. The three rappers are releasing their respective projects two days from now (Tuesday, June 18th) and we will be watching the sales and the charts to see where each artist lands.
For now, rap releases have slowed down, but new ones are on the way. The month of June promises to be one full of album drops-- which all fall under a few different dates. The biggest date by far, is, of course, June 18th.
Last week we questioned the grip of Will.i.am's influence on the mainstream, with his solo effort, #willpower, moving less than 30k opening week. We could also blame this on the ever-waning sales of albums in general.
The new entries keep coming in on Charts Don't Lie. Recent weeks have seen quite a few releases that are within the hip-hop realm, as is often the case, because rappers like to release projects on the same day.
This week our newest entry in Charts Don't Lie is the former G.O.O.D. Music representer, Kid Cudi. The rapper announced his departure from G.O.O.D. Music shortly before the release of INDICUD, to the shock of most.
This week we see a new entry in Chart's Dont Lie, with Tyler, the Creator's WOLF having dropped on April 2nd. The rapper is definitely expanding his fanbase, with this album impressively debuting at #3 on the Billboard 200.
This week we saw Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience break another record, after first topping Lil Wayne's Tha Carter IV in first week sales, it became the first record in 2013 to crack one million sales, going platinum just two weeks after it dropped.
This week we were extremely impressed by the numbers that Justin Timberlake pulled with his new album, The 20/20 Experience. Within the hip-hop/r’n’b-sphere, we haven’t seen a chart topper sell the amount JT sold in a while. The artist pulled in
Artists who performed at the Grammys or (better yet?) won an award, gained more than just the honor—they gained new fans, perhaps reached a wider audience than usual and thus increased sales of their music. Over the past week, overall album sales
All eyes were on the world of music as it was the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, which many artists used as a platform to push new material and make announcements of upcoming projects. As far as the world of hip hop and R&B
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"193 Views4 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight4,461 Views8 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"8,708 Views56 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather18,285 Views29 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date41,788 Views116 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now13,658 Views25 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"3,629 Views24 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"4,667 Views25 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party3,390 Views22 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)1,474 Views8 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness7,753 Views50 Comments
- Ranking Fabolous' Friday Freestyles From Worst To Best8,093 Views36 Comments
- Dame Dash Is Suing His Ex-Wife For $2.5 Million6,656 Views28 Comments
- Lyrics On Big Sean's "Stay Down" Rumored To Play Part In Break-Up With Ariana Grande32,123 Views119 Comments
- Shady Music Publishing Signs Rapper/Producer Astray6,018 Views22 Comments