This week we find Rick Ross atop on the Billboard 200 with his sixth studio album proving he's still got it. Mastermind managed to sell more than the projected amount, although he didn't quite reach 180k, he moved 179,215 copies.
It's almost time for the ScHoolboy Q and Kid Cudi chart invasion, but not just yet. We received the first week sales projection for both rappers respective releases, Oxymoron and Satellite Flight, and both are on track to sell a solid amount of albums.
Overall album sales are up this week by 20% according to Nielsen, and we may have Valentine's Day purchases to blame for this one. Perhaps lovers were picking up Drake's Nothing Was The Same, and some r'n'b albums for V-Day?
This week the charts remained relatively calm, with no hip-hop new-comers to speak of yet. However, Ty Dolla $ign recently dropped his new Beach House EP, so we'll have to see how well that does sales-wise next week.
With the holiday season winding down, we're still seeing the affect it had on the charts and the sales. It seems like almost everyone on today's Charts round-up had an increase in sales and a rise up the Billboard 200 in the past seven days except for B.o.B.
This week nothing major dropped in terms of hip-hop. Nonetheless, overall album sales went up by 42%. To what can we blame this spike in sales? It would be safe to say Black Friday, which is basically the commencement of the holiday season/shopping frenzy.
Eminem found his way back to #1 on the Billboard 200, after spending a week at #2. The rapper sold the same amount that some rappers do opening week (if not more) and he's in his third week on shelves with MMLP2.
Well, it looks like DJ Khaled will in fact not be suffering from success with his latest album. His second week on the charts finds him plummeting more than 20 spots, and moving less than 10,000 units.
Last week we saw several independent rappers make their debut on the charts (sort of-- some of them didn't sell enough to actually chart, yet), but this week we return to the big guns, like Drake and DJ Khaled.
Nothing too big transpired on the charts this week when it comes to hip-hop. That's not to say there weren't hip-hop releases-- there most definitely were, however, none could top Drake's Nothing Was The Same at #4 on the Billboard 200.
This week everyone's favorite dope boy Pusha T finally made his Charts debut, with My Name Is My Name. The album, which has been praised highly by most, managed a #4 debut, selling on the lower-end of the projected amount, with 75k.
The past two weeks were dominated by Drake, who in turn dominated the charts with Nothing Was The Same.
This week has been Drizzy Drake everything, with the official release of Nothing Was The Same and a bunch of promo for it. Drake has not started taking over the charts yet, but that will change next week when we get the results of his first week sales.
This past week The Weeknd dominated the charts, although he was outshone only by country star Keith Urban. The race between the country star and r'n'b star was a close one, with 3,000 units making the difference for the #1 spot on the Billboard 200.
In the competition between the same-day release rappers Juicy J and Big Sean Juicy J appears to be taking the lead, although Sean debuted stronger than Juicy initially. Not to say they both haven't fallen quite a few spots-- they have.
- Sir Michael Rocks Confirms, The Cool Kids Are "Never Coming Back"6 Views0 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 19 - April 2587 Views0 Comments
- Killer Mike Had Dinner At The White House & He Documented It All On Social Media1,710 Views8 Comments
- Some Lucky Teen Got Nicki Minaj To Perform At His Bar Mitzvah3,567 Views24 Comments
- Jay Z Defends TIDAL In "Stream Of Consciousness" Twitter Address19,298 Views114 Comments
- Young Thug Heckled & Booed At Show In Louisiana27,529 Views113 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik"3,065 Views12 Comments
- Tyga Got A Kylie Jenner Tattoo39,968 Views93 Comments
- Lil Wayne's Tour Bus Shot At In Atlanta30,507 Views79 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Is The Happiest Dad On Earth10,830 Views38 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 259,157 Views23 Comments
- Daz Dillinger Has Two Unreleased Songs With Biggie Smalls Still In The Vault11,594 Views26 Comments
- 10 Essential Yung Lean Tracks 9,389 Views44 Comments
- Ciara Previews Two New Songs On Instagram8,008 Views17 Comments
You may also like...
- Vursatyl "Bring It To A Halt" Video318 Views
- Rossi Feat. Iamsu! "All I Want" Video1,009 Views
- Sav Sire "SOHO" Video (Heatseekers)758 Views