50 Cent entered the Billboard 200 this week, with Animal Ambition moving more than the projected amount, although it's still not the numbers Fif used to do. It's independent numbers though, with a showing of 47,000 units.
This week our one new entry belongs to Mariah Carey, who recently released her umpteeth album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. While the sales show she doesn't quite have that star power she once did, it's still a respectable debut of #3.
Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" is about to begin a summer takeover, if the Billboard charts are any indication. The rapper's lead single from The New Classic reached new heights this week, as it obtained the #1 spot on the Hot 100, making it Iggy's first #1 single.
This week the hip-hop underground proves you don't need to be mainstream to top the Billboard 200, at least these days. Two mainstays within the underground movement debuted within the top 10 of the Billboard charts this week.
We're still awaiting the albums of both Iggy Azalea and Future to enter the charts, but this week we've got two new entries coming from August Alsina's Testimony and Dizzy Wright's State Of Mind EP.
This week we don't have many new entries to speak of, save for Sage The Gemini's Remember Me. Depending on the numbers Smoke DZA's new album Dream.ZONE.Achieve did, we may or may not see it pop up on Charts Don't Lie next week, though.
After Charts Don't Lie took a hiatus last week, we are back again this week just in time to highlight three important debuts on the Billboard 200. YG's My Krazy Life, Kevin Gates' By Any Means and Freddie Gibbs & Madlib's Pinata.
This week we find Rick Ross atop on the Billboard 200 with his sixth studio album proving he's still got it. Mastermind managed to sell more than the projected amount, although he didn't quite reach 180k, he moved 179,215 copies.
It's almost time for the ScHoolboy Q and Kid Cudi chart invasion, but not just yet. We received the first week sales projection for both rappers respective releases, Oxymoron and Satellite Flight, and both are on track to sell a solid amount of albums.
Overall album sales are up this week by 20% according to Nielsen, and we may have Valentine's Day purchases to blame for this one. Perhaps lovers were picking up Drake's Nothing Was The Same, and some r'n'b albums for V-Day?
This week the charts remained relatively calm, with no hip-hop new-comers to speak of yet. However, Ty Dolla $ign recently dropped his new Beach House EP, so we'll have to see how well that does sales-wise next week.
With the holiday season winding down, we're still seeing the affect it had on the charts and the sales. It seems like almost everyone on today's Charts round-up had an increase in sales and a rise up the Billboard 200 in the past seven days except for B.o.B.
This week nothing major dropped in terms of hip-hop. Nonetheless, overall album sales went up by 42%. To what can we blame this spike in sales? It would be safe to say Black Friday, which is basically the commencement of the holiday season/shopping frenzy.
Eminem found his way back to #1 on the Billboard 200, after spending a week at #2. The rapper sold the same amount that some rappers do opening week (if not more) and he's in his third week on shelves with MMLP2.
- #TBT: Fabolous' 2001-2005 Era437 Views7 Comments
- Tyga Says Eviction Lawsuit Is Fraudulent 1,196 Views16 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Dr. Dre's "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack3,552 Views11 Comments
- Jordan Brand Loses Trademark Lawsuit Against Knock-Off Beijing Company2,429 Views0 Comments
- Next Chief Keef Hologram Benefit Concert To Broadcast In 3 Cities At Once2,744 Views12 Comments
- iHeart Radio Music Festival Taps Kanye West, The Weeknd, Lil Wayne & More3,403 Views6 Comments
- R. Kelly Announces "Buffet" Album Release Date2,431 Views19 Comments
- Is Earl Sweatshirt Changing His Rap Name?19,303 Views40 Comments
- The 5 Most Confusing Things Birdman Said In His Angie Martinez Interview65,792 Views83 Comments
- Lil Kim Files Domestic Violence Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend11,058 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Opens Up: "I'm Scared To Be Political"62,717 Views164 Comments
- Meek Mill Says He's Hitting The Studio "Soon"82,423 Views343 Comments
- Meet Maxo Kream: Houston's Next-Up7,269 Views12 Comments
- Migos Say Their Noisey "Atlanta" Episode Was Scripted15,937 Views31 Comments