Cash Money don Birdman was recently hit with a $200,000 lawsuit by producer DVLP, who claims he was never paid for his work on Lil Wayne's music and music by other Cash Money artists.
Jimmy Winfrey, Young Thug's former tour manager and the man arrested for shooting up Lil Wayne's tour bus in April, believes that Birdman "should be held liable as a party to the crime," reports TMZ.
Birdman and Lil Wayne have been having a very public legal battle over the last few months, and while Weezy has made a point of making statements about his issues with his father figure, Birdman has been silent.
Even as little as nine months ago, no one would have really expected Birdman and Lil Wayne to beef.
Yeeesh. This Birdman/Lil Wayne beef is getting confusing, and is definitely far from over. We've heard Lil Wayne going at his Cash Money counterparts on his recent project FWA, and recently the two reportedly clashed while at the same Miami nightclub.
Tyga dropped his latest album, The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty out of nowhere, opting to first make it available via a free Spotify stream.
The hip hop crew is an essential part of success. Whether big or small, every rapper has an entourage.
Wu-Tang Clan soulquarians Common Erykah Badu D'Angelo death row Young Money cash money Black Hippy Kendrick Lamar ScHoolboy Q Jay Rock Ab-Soul Method Man GZA RZA Raekwon Ghostface Killah stones throw Madlib J Dilla peanut butter wolf G-Unit Lloyd Banks 50 Cent bad boy p diddy Diddy Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre Suge Knight d12 Eminem Proof Bizarre dungeon family OutKast goodie mobb cee-lo Andre 3000 Big Boi
Lil Wayne Claims That Drake & Nicki Minaj Might Leave Young Money Because Of Birdman Jun 22, 2015 at 10:04am
The Lil Wayne/Birdman drama is far from over, although it's quieted down for a minute.
A complaint many rappers have had about Cash Money is that they don't see many of their royalty checks.
Bow Wow, who's been rapping since age five, is ready for a new stage in his career. Now 28, the rapper just announced his departure from Cash Money Records, to which he signed over five years ago.
In February, Turk, an original member of the Hot Boys, who released their first record with Cash Money in 1997, filed a lawsuit against his former label to the tune of $1.3 million.
Months have gone by at this point with no sign of or info on Lil Wayne's long-awaited Carter V. With no release date in sight, we're forced to scrape together details about the project and pray for the best.
T.I. Speaks On Young Thug & Lil Wayne Beef, Confirms His Appearance On "Barter Six" Apr 15, 2015 at 01:05pm
With the controversy surrounding Young Thug's Barter Six heating up every day, most Southern rappers have been wise to stay removed from any alleged beef between Thug and Lil Wayne.
This morning, we finally got the response we'd been waiting for from Lil Wayne on the subject of Young Thug's Carter VI: "stop listening to songs of niggas who pose naked on their motherfucking album covers." Now comes the inevitable reaction fr
Well, we've finally gotten an answer to the are they/aren't they beefing question that's stood between Young Thug and Lil Wayne since the Cash Money drama began popping off and Thugger announced Tha Carter VI. The answer, at least for Tunechi, is yes.
Scrolling through the comments on a Young Thug Instagram post is an experience like no other, even in an age when being able to hide behind a computer screen has made disparaging trolls out of nearly all of us.
Earlier today, we posted that Lil Wayne had dropped his $51 million lawsuit against Birdman and Cash Money Records. According to Wayne's lawyer, Ron Sweeney, however, the lawsuit is still on.
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMAs3,744 Views24 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week2,248 Views13 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers11,402 Views33 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit16,102 Views42 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,448 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20152,889 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign13,677 Views39 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK8,192 Views28 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL2,223 Views16 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"12,916 Views48 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida9,381 Views75 Comments
- Chris Brown Is Being Sued By A Fan Who Was Injured At His Show6,499 Views20 Comments
- Top-8 September Sneaker Releases To Watch For2,384 Views0 Comments
- Powerhouse 2015 Line-Up Includes Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Future & More10,690 Views56 Comments
- De La Soul Recruit Usher, Snoop Dogg, 2 Chainz, Pete Rock & More For New Album4,424 Views9 Comments
You may also like...
- Tinashe "Bet" x "Feels Like Vegas" Video1,544 Views
- Majid Jordan Feat. Drake "My Love" Video7,124 Views