In August, former Hustle Gang member Spodee ruffled more than a few feathers during his interview with DJ Smallz when he stated, "I have the potential to be bigger than Tip or if not, just as big." Grand Hustle chief T.I.
Certain legal documents from the increasingly convoluted lawsuit between Lil Wayne and Birdman continue to surface.
Drake just premiered his and Future's new joint album, What a Time to Be Alive, on OVO Sound Radio on Beats 1. He played the massively anticipated release back to back, and after the show, at 8 PM, the album was listed on iTunes.
As the Cash Money name has been engulfed in notoriety this year, we must be careful not to forget that the label's roster still includes promising artists who have been putting out new music -- namely, Caskey, who just dropped his trap-inspired new mixtape,&nb
In the world of southern hip-hop, there's only so many artists that have sold 10 million or more records. Juvenile is a part of that class. With eleven (solo) albums in total, Juvenile is also one of the more consistent MCs of the past 25 years.
Cash Money don Birdman was recently hit with a $200,000 lawsuit by producer DVLP, who claims he was never paid for his work on Lil Wayne's music and music by other Cash Money artists.
Jimmy Winfrey, Young Thug's former tour manager and the man arrested for shooting up Lil Wayne's tour bus in April, believes that Birdman "should be held liable as a party to the crime," reports TMZ.
Birdman and Lil Wayne have been having a very public legal battle over the last few months, and while Weezy has made a point of making statements about his issues with his father figure, Birdman has been silent.
Even as little as nine months ago, no one would have really expected Birdman and Lil Wayne to beef.
Yeeesh. This Birdman/Lil Wayne beef is getting confusing, and is definitely far from over. We've heard Lil Wayne going at his Cash Money counterparts on his recent project FWA, and recently the two reportedly clashed while at the same Miami nightclub.
Tyga dropped his latest album, The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty out of nowhere, opting to first make it available via a free Spotify stream.
The hip hop crew is an essential part of success. Whether big or small, every rapper has an entourage.
Wu-Tang Clan soulquarians Common Erykah Badu D'Angelo death row Young Money cash money Black Hippy Kendrick Lamar ScHoolboy Q Jay Rock Ab-Soul Method Man GZA RZA Raekwon Ghostface Killah stones throw Madlib J Dilla peanut butter wolf G-Unit Lloyd Banks 50 Cent bad boy p diddy Diddy Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre Suge Knight d12 Eminem Proof Bizarre dungeon family OutKast goodie mobb cee-lo Andre 3000 Big Boi
Lil Wayne Claims That Drake & Nicki Minaj Might Leave Young Money Because Of Birdman Jun 22, 2015 at 10:04am
The Lil Wayne/Birdman drama is far from over, although it's quieted down for a minute.
A complaint many rappers have had about Cash Money is that they don't see many of their royalty checks.
Bow Wow, who's been rapping since age five, is ready for a new stage in his career. Now 28, the rapper just announced his departure from Cash Money Records, to which he signed over five years ago.
In February, Turk, an original member of the Hot Boys, who released their first record with Cash Money in 1997, filed a lawsuit against his former label to the tune of $1.3 million.
Months have gone by at this point with no sign of or info on Lil Wayne's long-awaited Carter V. With no release date in sight, we're forced to scrape together details about the project and pray for the best.
- Stream The Game's "The Documentary 2"3,431 Views50 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support8,133 Views92 Comments
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists22,244 Views156 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company19,343 Views44 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"14,915 Views38 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac10,623 Views80 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work29,687 Views99 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles3,343 Views24 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single3,857 Views13 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?8,136 Views33 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season3,430 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame2,847 Views26 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views22,275 Views150 Comments
- Vince Staples & Mac Miller Discuss White Rappers & How They Fit Into Hip-Hop14,486 Views77 Comments