Nipsey Hussle Reportedly Sold 60 Copies Of His $1000 Mixtape, "Mailbox Money" Jan 24, 2015 at 04:18pm
Nipsey Hussle, we have to hand it to you, you're a marketing genius. After the L.A.
While earlier this week it seemed that things were going south for online streetwear distributor Karmaloop, they may have found a way out of their imminent bankruptcy.
While anticipation grows for A$AP Rocky's second album's release, At.Long.Last.ASAP (A.L.L.A), Rocky has been up to a lot more than just rapping.
Tyga is in the news once more today, and once again, it's not on a positive note. The rapper, who recently dropped The Gold Album for free on Spotify enraging Birdman, is now being sued by his former business partner.
50 Cent's SMS Audio On The Verge Of New Partnership [Update: SMS Audio Reportedly Partners With Intel] Aug 15, 2014 at 12:46am
50 Cent is a proven business man, but his SMS Audio venture has not been able to compete with bigger headphone brands like Dr. Dre's Beats.
Diddy Reportedly Partners With High-End Tequila Brand [Update: It's Official] Jan 8, 2014 at 01:48pm
Diddy has turned Ciroc vodka into a well-known and well-liked brand, one that is also synonymous with rappers around the world. Now that Ciroc is a $100 million franchise, Diddy is looking for the next big thing-- which is apparently tequila.
Tyler, The Creator has found success in rap, production, design, and festival organizing, but he's about to bring the Odd Future brand to unexplored territory-- the app game.
Jay Z is about to throw his hat in to the music streaming service ring. The music mogul will likely compete with services like Beats Music, Google Play and Spotify after making a bid on the Scandinavian company Aspiro, which owns the streaming service WiMP.
Jay Z and John Meneilly have worked closely for over a decade,with Meneilly serving as something of a manager for the rapper, though Jay was apparently always reluctant to refer to him as such.
Streaming seems to be the future of music distribution, and those looking to make a penny are investing now.
Dr. Dre has proved that headphones are a more-than-worthy investment, and others in the industry have taken notice. 50 Cent has pursued a partnership with SMS Audio, and now DJ Khaled has announced a new line of cans.
Flavor Flav's Chicken & Ribs Restaurant Served With Eviction Papers [Update: Restaurant Closes For Good] Jul 26, 2013 at 09:46am
This definitely isn't Flavor Flav's best year. Flav is already suffering from legal trouble, after assaulting his girlfriend's 17-year-old son, as well as the lady herself, during a domestic dispute.
HOT 97 has already lost three of its OGs when it comes to radio personalities, with Angie Martinez jumping ship for a competitor, Mister Cee parting ways for a smaller, newer station, and Cipha Sounds leaving for a position at Roc Nation.
Snoop Dogg has been one of rap's most prominent stoners for decades, and now that weed is finally starting to be legalized in select states, the OG smoker is deciding to put some money into the industry.D-O double G will be investing in a service called Eaze,
Hip-hop magazine Mass Appeal announced it's return to the print game earlier this year, after taking a five-year break. The magazine, which started back in 1996, featured Nas on their 2001 cover.
It seemed as though SoundCloud was in a bit of trouble after it was unable to strike up a deal with Sony, meaning songs from heavy-hitting artists such as Adele and Kelly Clakson were removed from the site.
Dame Dash continues to flourish outside of the hip-hopsphere, after opening his own gallery Dusko Poppington last year, this year's he got another new venture on his plate, setting his sights on the restaurant business.
R. Kelly's big brother, Bruce Kelly, has filed documents with the state labor board (in the State of Illinois) after working for the famous singer for three months, and not seeing a dime.
Everyone may be talking about Tidal right now, but Jay Z continues to move forward with his business ventures. The Brooklyn mogul is set to launch a new interview series out of his 40/40 club in Manhattan.
Jay-Z has always had a close affiliation with sports, whether it's shout-outs in his songs, or owning a percentage of the Brooklyn Nets.
Yesterday Twitter's CEO, Dick Costolo, announced that he'd be stepping down from his position at the company. In the interim, Jack Dorsey, the co-founder and chairman, will take the role of CEO, however they are in need of a permanent replacement.
- John Legend & Chrissy Teigen Expecting First Child Together1,337 Views33 Comments
- Tracklist Revealed For DJ Khaled’s “I Changed A Lot” Album13,215 Views76 Comments
- Lil Wayne's Ex Karrine Steffans Blasts Him For His Sex Tape Performance77,158 Views220 Comments
- Rich The Kid & ILoveMakonnen To Release "Whip It Up" Mixtape7,713 Views55 Comments
- Future Buys Drake Diamond-Encrusted FBGOVO Ring37,241 Views218 Comments
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2015 Green Carpet Interviews: T-Pain, DeJ, Esco, & More9,325 Views12 Comments
- LeBron James Ends His Deal With McDonald's To Become A Pizza Franchisee13,446 Views0 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign To Release "Airplane Mode" Mixtape Tomorrow9,054 Views33 Comments
- Rihanna Named One Of "The Greats" By NYTimes Style Magazine3,449 Views29 Comments
- Lil Durk & Dej Loaf: "Next Big Hip-Hop Couple"26,624 Views67 Comments
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2015 Cypher To Feature Vince Staples, Redman, & More25,853 Views133 Comments
- DJ Khaled Announces Album Release Date, Two Singles Dropping Today14,607 Views76 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Performs New Song, Mentions Third Mixtape13,116 Views30 Comments
- Four New Colorways Of The Adidas Yeezy 950 Boot Unveiled3,246 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Was Urged Against Dating White Women When He Was Young21,657 Views104 Comments