Nipsey Hussle Reportedly Sold 60 Copies Of His $1000 Mixtape, "Mailbox Money" Jan 24, 2015 at 04:18pm
Nipsey Hussle, we have to hand it to you, you're a marketing genius. After the L.A.
While earlier this week it seemed that things were going south for online streetwear distributor Karmaloop, they may have found a way out of their imminent bankruptcy.
50 Cent's SMS Audio On The Verge Of New Partnership [Update: SMS Audio Reportedly Partners With Intel] Aug 15, 2014 at 12:46am
50 Cent is a proven business man, but his SMS Audio venture has not been able to compete with bigger headphone brands like Dr. Dre's Beats.
Diddy Reportedly Partners With High-End Tequila Brand [Update: It's Official] Jan 8, 2014 at 01:48pm
Diddy has turned Ciroc vodka into a well-known and well-liked brand, one that is also synonymous with rappers around the world. Now that Ciroc is a $100 million franchise, Diddy is looking for the next big thing-- which is apparently tequila.
Jay Z is about to throw his hat in to the music streaming service ring. The music mogul will likely compete with services like Beats Music, Google Play and Spotify after making a bid on the Scandinavian company Aspiro, which owns the streaming service WiMP.
Tyler, The Creator has found success in rap, production, design, and festival organizing, but he's about to bring the Odd Future brand to unexplored territory-- the app game.
Jay Z and John Meneilly have worked closely for over a decade,with Meneilly serving as something of a manager for the rapper, though Jay was apparently always reluctant to refer to him as such.
Streaming seems to be the future of music distribution, and those looking to make a penny are investing now.
Flavor Flav's Chicken & Ribs Restaurant Served With Eviction Papers [Update: Restaurant Closes For Good] Jul 26, 2013 at 09:46am
This definitely isn't Flavor Flav's best year. Flav is already suffering from legal trouble, after assaulting his girlfriend's 17-year-old son, as well as the lady herself, during a domestic dispute.
Dr. Dre has proved that headphones are a more-than-worthy investment, and others in the industry have taken notice. 50 Cent has pursued a partnership with SMS Audio, and now DJ Khaled has announced a new line of cans.
Last week, Jay-Z signed New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith to Roc Nation Sports. Before that, he'd signed New York Giants receiver Victor Cruz and popular women's basketball player Skylar Diggins.
Snoop Dogg has been one of rap's most prominent stoners for decades, and now that weed is finally starting to be legalized in select states, the OG smoker is deciding to put some money into the industry.D-O double G will be investing in a service called Eaze,
Diddy just teamed up with Mark Wahlberg for a joint venture into the health beverage market.
Hip-hop magazine Mass Appeal announced it's return to the print game earlier this year, after taking a five-year break. The magazine, which started back in 1996, featured Nas on their 2001 cover.
Dame Dash continues to flourish outside of the hip-hopsphere, after opening his own gallery Dusko Poppington last year, this year's he got another new venture on his plate, setting his sights on the restaurant business.
Jay-Z has always had a close affiliation with sports, whether it's shout-outs in his songs, or owning a percentage of the Brooklyn Nets.
Jay Z is making moves in the streaming game, acquiring Aspiro, a company which hosted two European music streaming companies-- TIDAL and WiMP --for a cool $56 million earlier this year.
As reported by the New York Post, it seems wholesale company iSource NYC is suing Jay-Z's Rocawear clothing line for an unpaid bill of $450,000 - half of a million dollar order of branded goods delivered to NYC from Pakistan last April through June.
T.I., ever the business man, is looking to start a new venture this year. The rapper and Atlanta native will be keeping his talents in the south as he plans to open up an upscale restaurant in downtown ATL.
- Ciara Previews Two New Songs On Instagram1,107 Views5 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"1,138 Views10 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight11,638 Views19 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"11,517 Views68 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather24,844 Views32 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date53,210 Views118 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now16,893 Views25 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"4,469 Views26 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"5,557 Views26 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party4,067 Views22 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)1,763 Views8 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness9,309 Views52 Comments
- Ranking Fabolous' Friday Freestyles From Worst To Best9,422 Views36 Comments
- Dame Dash Is Suing His Ex-Wife For $2.5 Million7,685 Views29 Comments
- Lyrics On Big Sean's "Stay Down" Rumored To Play Part In Break-Up With Ariana Grande35,329 Views121 Comments