Nipsey Hussle Reportedly Sold 60 Copies Of His $1000 Mixtape, "Mailbox Money" Jan 24, 2015 at 04:18pm
Nipsey Hussle, we have to hand it to you, you're a marketing genius. After the L.A.
While earlier this week it seemed that things were going south for online streetwear distributor Karmaloop, they may have found a way out of their imminent bankruptcy.
While anticipation grows for A$AP Rocky's second album's release, At.Long.Last.ASAP (A.L.L.A), Rocky has been up to a lot more than just rapping.
Tyga is in the news once more today, and once again, it's not on a positive note. The rapper, who recently dropped The Gold Album for free on Spotify enraging Birdman, is now being sued by his former business partner.
50 Cent's SMS Audio On The Verge Of New Partnership [Update: SMS Audio Reportedly Partners With Intel] Aug 15, 2014 at 12:46am
50 Cent is a proven business man, but his SMS Audio venture has not been able to compete with bigger headphone brands like Dr. Dre's Beats.
Diddy Reportedly Partners With High-End Tequila Brand [Update: It's Official] Jan 8, 2014 at 01:48pm
Diddy has turned Ciroc vodka into a well-known and well-liked brand, one that is also synonymous with rappers around the world. Now that Ciroc is a $100 million franchise, Diddy is looking for the next big thing-- which is apparently tequila.
Tyler, The Creator has found success in rap, production, design, and festival organizing, but he's about to bring the Odd Future brand to unexplored territory-- the app game.
Jay Z is about to throw his hat in to the music streaming service ring. The music mogul will likely compete with services like Beats Music, Google Play and Spotify after making a bid on the Scandinavian company Aspiro, which owns the streaming service WiMP.
Jay Z and John Meneilly have worked closely for over a decade,with Meneilly serving as something of a manager for the rapper, though Jay was apparently always reluctant to refer to him as such.
Streaming seems to be the future of music distribution, and those looking to make a penny are investing now.
Dr. Dre has proved that headphones are a more-than-worthy investment, and others in the industry have taken notice. 50 Cent has pursued a partnership with SMS Audio, and now DJ Khaled has announced a new line of cans.
Flavor Flav's Chicken & Ribs Restaurant Served With Eviction Papers [Update: Restaurant Closes For Good] Jul 26, 2013 at 09:46am
This definitely isn't Flavor Flav's best year. Flav is already suffering from legal trouble, after assaulting his girlfriend's 17-year-old son, as well as the lady herself, during a domestic dispute.
HOT 97 has already lost three of its OGs when it comes to radio personalities, with Angie Martinez jumping ship for a competitor, Mister Cee parting ways for a smaller, newer station, and Cipha Sounds leaving for a position at Roc Nation.
Snoop Dogg has been one of rap's most prominent stoners for decades, and now that weed is finally starting to be legalized in select states, the OG smoker is deciding to put some money into the industry.D-O double G will be investing in a service called Eaze,
Hip-hop magazine Mass Appeal announced it's return to the print game earlier this year, after taking a five-year break. The magazine, which started back in 1996, featured Nas on their 2001 cover.
It seemed as though SoundCloud was in a bit of trouble after it was unable to strike up a deal with Sony, meaning songs from heavy-hitting artists such as Adele and Kelly Clakson were removed from the site.
Dame Dash continues to flourish outside of the hip-hopsphere, after opening his own gallery Dusko Poppington last year, this year's he got another new venture on his plate, setting his sights on the restaurant business.
R. Kelly's big brother, Bruce Kelly, has filed documents with the state labor board (in the State of Illinois) after working for the famous singer for three months, and not seeing a dime.
Lupe Fiasco is no stranger to social activism, and he continues to help underserved communities with a new initiative called the Neighborhood Start Fund, a partnership between Lupe, the Dream Big Foundation, and the Head of Global Partnerships at the
Everyone may be talking about Tidal right now, but Jay Z continues to move forward with his business ventures. The Brooklyn mogul is set to launch a new interview series out of his 40/40 club in Manhattan.
- A HotNewHipHop Thanksgiving: 10 Things We're Thankful For2,212 Views30 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Debuted Another New Record The Other Night6,673 Views44 Comments
- Lil Wayne Being Sued By Trukfit Model For Using Her Image On T-Shirt15,616 Views71 Comments
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"10,381 Views141 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"4,639 Views25 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th12,452 Views37 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20166,755 Views27 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"14,144 Views60 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption21,052 Views69 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together18,298 Views84 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist9,590 Views20 Comments
- Former Cowboys Running Back Arrested For Assaulting A Law Officer At A Casino5,918 Views0 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Countersued By Former Label9,528 Views25 Comments
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season2,899 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown Performs "Zero" On Jimmy Fallon6,909 Views
- Jamie Foxx "In Love By Now" Video1,592 Views
- Lil Wayne "No Ceilings 2" Mixtape Trailer36,358 Views