While anticipation grows for A$AP Rocky's second album's release, At.Long.Last.ASAP (A.L.L.A), Rocky has been up to a lot more than just rapping.
Everyone may be talking about Tidal right now, but Jay Z continues to move forward with his business ventures. The Brooklyn mogul is set to launch a new interview series out of his 40/40 club in Manhattan.
Snoop Dogg has been one of rap's most prominent stoners for decades, and now that weed is finally starting to be legalized in select states, the OG smoker is deciding to put some money into the industry.D-O double G will be investing in a service called Eaze,
Tyler, The Creator has found success in rap, production, design, and festival organizing, but he's about to bring the Odd Future brand to unexplored territory-- the app game.
While earlier this week it seemed that things were going south for online streetwear distributor Karmaloop, they may have found a way out of their imminent bankruptcy.
Jay Z is making moves in the streaming game, acquiring Aspiro, a company which hosted two European music streaming companies-- TIDAL and WiMP --for a cool $56 million earlier this year.
Streaming seems to be the future of music distribution, and those looking to make a penny are investing now.
Jay Z is about to throw his hat in to the music streaming service ring. The music mogul will likely compete with services like Beats Music, Google Play and Spotify after making a bid on the Scandinavian company Aspiro, which owns the streaming service WiMP.
Nipsey Hussle Reportedly Sold 60 Copies Of His $1000 Mixtape, "Mailbox Money" Jan 24, 2015 at 04:18pm
Nipsey Hussle, we have to hand it to you, you're a marketing genius. After the L.A.
T.I., ever the business man, is looking to start a new venture this year. The rapper and Atlanta native will be keeping his talents in the south as he plans to open up an upscale restaurant in downtown ATL.
50 Cent's SMS Audio On The Verge Of New Partnership [Update: SMS Audio Reportedly Partners With Intel] Aug 15, 2014 at 12:46am
50 Cent is a proven business man, but his SMS Audio venture has not been able to compete with bigger headphone brands like Dr. Dre's Beats.
Dr. Dre has proved that headphones are a more-than-worthy investment, and others in the industry have taken notice. 50 Cent has pursued a partnership with SMS Audio, and now DJ Khaled has announced a new line of cans.
Dame Dash continues to flourish outside of the hip-hopsphere, after opening his own gallery Dusko Poppington last year, this year's he got another new venture on his plate, setting his sights on the restaurant business.
Jay Z and John Meneilly have worked closely for over a decade,with Meneilly serving as something of a manager for the rapper, though Jay was apparently always reluctant to refer to him as such.
Diddy Reportedly Partners With High-End Tequila Brand [Update: It's Official] Jan 8, 2014 at 01:48pm
Diddy has turned Ciroc vodka into a well-known and well-liked brand, one that is also synonymous with rappers around the world. Now that Ciroc is a $100 million franchise, Diddy is looking for the next big thing-- which is apparently tequila.
As YMCMB continue to expand their business, choosing to sign artists who not only represent hip-hop but other genres as well, it looks like they want to step outside of the music industry all together.
Pusha T discusses the importance of speaking truthfully as part of Noisey's new "Stand For Something" series. Peep Pusha T Discusses The Importance Of Speaking Truthfully, the latest visual from Pusha T. It dropped on Thursday, November 14th, 2013.
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces1,790 Views19 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample3,715 Views15 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show7,694 Views20 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."8,963 Views24 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Scores First Number One Record20,159 Views116 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For A$AP Rocky & Boosie Badazz14,463 Views121 Comments
- Lil B Is Now Targeting LeBron James And The Cleveland Cavaliers3,572 Views0 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Addresses Rita Ora Lyrics On "A.L.L.A."23,711 Views26 Comments
- NXNE Festival Defends Action Bronson Against Petition Claiming He "Glorifies Rape"4,394 Views15 Comments
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"9,443 Views44 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand4,835 Views0 Comments
- Dizzy Wright's Turn-Up Essentials Playlist1,901 Views8 Comments
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award12,780 Views108 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 11,036 Views33 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour1,404 Views10 Comments
You may also like...