Al Sharpton Under Fire For Taking Book Deal With Cash Money [UPDATE: Sharpton's Camp Responds To Criticism] Jul 28, 2013 at 02:34pm
As we reported at the beginning of June, Al Sharpton plans to release a memoir, called "The Reject Stone," via Cash Money Content in the Fall. When the news arrived, many people were surprised because of the known beef between Sharpton and the YMCMB crew.
Looks like Kanye West is not the only person who thinks he has a large cultural impact (though he may argue he has the largest). A new textbook written by Julius Bailey will hit shelves in March under the title The Cultural Impact of Kanye West.
Though we still haven't gotten "The Gucci Mane Movie" that the rapper's frequently mentioned in his songs since 2009's The State Vs. Radric Davis, a book may be on the way.
Azealia Banks' recent appearance on Hot 97 set off a bout of internet sparring that involved Iggy Azalea, Q-Tip, Action Bronson, Tyler, The Creator, T.I. and Solange Knowles, so much of the actual interview became overshadowed by those surrounding stories.
As much as Danny Brown presents himself as a wild party man (which he certainly is to some extent), when it comes to his art, he puts a serious amount of care and effort into every detail.
Ja Rule has been busy these days, not so much working on music but working on a book. He's been writing the book since his time in prison, and now that the man is free, he's getting ready to release the book on July 1st.
It’s hard to argue that Pharrell isn’t one the biggest and hottest artist of 2014 so far. The Neptunes hitmaker has had a years worth of accomplishments already in these first few months.
Prodigy has a busy summer ahead of him.
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Although Prodigy is known for his spot in the rap game, he's familiar with other avenues of business. Having launched a clothing line this past year, he's continuing to diversify with the launch of a publishing imprint.
The Beastie Boys have never exactly kept things conventional, starting from their break-out in hip-hop scene as three young Jewish (formerly in to hardcore punk) rappers, until they had a strong hold on rap and pop culture world-wide, with over 25 years of suc
- Kendrick Lamar's "King Kunta" Video Is Premiering Today In Times Square1,820 Views11 Comments
- T-Pain Explains Why His Aaliyah Collaboration Didn't Make The Mixtape1,798 Views6 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Explains "The Blacker The Berry", "Mortal Man" & More2,314 Views9 Comments
- 5 Things You Should Know About TIDAL5,634 Views27 Comments
- Kevin Gates Gets Into Physical Altercation With Two Women6,497 Views33 Comments
- Rick Ross & DJ Khaled Talk New Meek Mill Album, Announce "Self Made, Vol. 4"8,463 Views35 Comments
- T-Pain's "The Iron Way" Review5,180 Views26 Comments
- Beyonce Posts Snippet Of New Song With Jay Z On Instagram6,558 Views12 Comments
- Tyga Got Served At His LA Gear Release Party7,908 Views0 Comments
- Stream Jodeci's "The Past, The Present, The Future" Album 1,903 Views4 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Chris Paul's 'Death' By Crossover4,523 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: March3,166 Views6 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 5,379 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?20,139 Views51 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title31,219 Views69 Comments
You may also like...