Al Sharpton Under Fire For Taking Book Deal With Cash Money [UPDATE: Sharpton's Camp Responds To Criticism] Jul 28, 2013 at 02:34pm
As we reported at the beginning of June, Al Sharpton plans to release a memoir, called "The Reject Stone," via Cash Money Content in the Fall. When the news arrived, many people were surprised because of the known beef between Sharpton and the YMCMB crew.
Looks like Kanye West is not the only person who thinks he has a large cultural impact (though he may argue he has the largest). A new textbook written by Julius Bailey will hit shelves in March under the title The Cultural Impact of Kanye West.
Though we still haven't gotten "The Gucci Mane Movie" that the rapper's frequently mentioned in his songs since 2009's The State Vs. Radric Davis, a book may be on the way.
Azealia Banks' recent appearance on Hot 97 set off a bout of internet sparring that involved Iggy Azalea, Q-Tip, Action Bronson, Tyler, The Creator, T.I. and Solange Knowles, so much of the actual interview became overshadowed by those surrounding stories.
As much as Danny Brown presents himself as a wild party man (which he certainly is to some extent), when it comes to his art, he puts a serious amount of care and effort into every detail.
Ja Rule has been busy these days, not so much working on music but working on a book. He's been writing the book since his time in prison, and now that the man is free, he's getting ready to release the book on July 1st.
It’s hard to argue that Pharrell isn’t one the biggest and hottest artist of 2014 so far. The Neptunes hitmaker has had a years worth of accomplishments already in these first few months.
Prodigy has a busy summer ahead of him.
The Beastie Boys have never exactly kept things conventional, starting from their break-out in hip-hop scene as three young Jewish (formerly in to hardcore punk) rappers, until they had a strong hold on rap and pop culture world-wide, with over 25 years of suc
Although Prodigy is known for his spot in the rap game, he's familiar with other avenues of business. Having launched a clothing line this past year, he's continuing to diversify with the launch of a publishing imprint.
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
- Sir Michael Rocks Confirms, The Cool Kids Are Never Coming Back5,584 Views20 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 19 - April 251,479 Views1 Comment
- Killer Mike Had Dinner At The White House & He Documented It All On Social Media5,025 Views14 Comments
- Some Lucky Teen Got Nicki Minaj To Perform At His Bar Mitzvah8,133 Views38 Comments
- Jay Z Defends TIDAL In "Stream Of Consciousness" Twitter Address23,636 Views135 Comments
- Young Thug Heckled & Booed At Show In Louisiana33,922 Views124 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik"3,449 Views12 Comments
- Tyga Got A Kylie Jenner Tattoo47,971 Views106 Comments
- Lil Wayne's Tour Bus Shot At In Atlanta35,588 Views89 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Is The Happiest Dad On Earth11,560 Views38 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 259,543 Views23 Comments
- Daz Dillinger Has Two Unreleased Songs With Biggie Smalls Still In The Vault12,091 Views26 Comments
- 10 Essential Yung Lean Tracks 9,784 Views44 Comments
- Ciara Previews Two New Songs On Instagram8,690 Views17 Comments
You may also like...