Stranger things have happened, but the fact that someone's decided to turn a song containing the line "Step back, can't get spunk on the mink" in a children's book is pretty crazy.
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
As much as Danny Brown presents himself as a wild party man (which he certainly is to some extent), when it comes to his art, he puts a serious amount of care and effort into every detail.
Azealia Banks' recent appearance on Hot 97 set off a bout of internet sparring that involved Iggy Azalea, Q-Tip, Action Bronson, Tyler, The Creator, T.I. and Solange Knowles, so much of the actual interview became overshadowed by those surrounding stories.
Though we still haven't gotten "The Gucci Mane Movie" that the rapper's frequently mentioned in his songs since 2009's The State Vs. Radric Davis, a book may be on the way.
Ja Rule has been busy these days, not so much working on music but working on a book. He's been writing the book since his time in prison, and now that the man is free, he's getting ready to release the book on July 1st.
It’s hard to argue that Pharrell isn’t one the biggest and hottest artist of 2014 so far. The Neptunes hitmaker has had a years worth of accomplishments already in these first few months.
Looks like Kanye West is not the only person who thinks he has a large cultural impact (though he may argue he has the largest). A new textbook written by Julius Bailey will hit shelves in March under the title The Cultural Impact of Kanye West.
Although Prodigy is known for his spot in the rap game, he's familiar with other avenues of business. Having launched a clothing line this past year, he's continuing to diversify with the launch of a publishing imprint.
Al Sharpton Under Fire For Taking Book Deal With Cash Money [UPDATE: Sharpton's Camp Responds To Criticism] Jul 28, 2013 at 02:34pm
As we reported at the beginning of June, Al Sharpton plans to release a memoir, called "The Reject Stone," via Cash Money Content in the Fall. When the news arrived, many people were surprised because of the known beef between Sharpton and the YMCMB crew.
Prodigy has a busy summer ahead of him.
The Beastie Boys have never exactly kept things conventional, starting from their break-out in hip-hop scene as three young Jewish (formerly in to hardcore punk) rappers, until they had a strong hold on rap and pop culture world-wide, with over 25 years of suc
- Stream ASAP Rocky's Sophomore Album "At.Long.Last.A$AP"20,219 Views81 Comments
- Stream Boosie Badazz' New Album "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell"4,125 Views23 Comments
- ASAP Rocky To Release "At.Long.Last.ASAP" At Midnight Tonight60,574 Views186 Comments
- Top Tracks of the Week: May 17- May 2413,382 Views6 Comments
- This ASAP Mob T-Shirt Is Pissing Off Memorial Day Shoppers28,170 Views138 Comments
- Gucci Mane Photo Exhibition To Take Place In Atlanta Church7,266 Views28 Comments
- Vine Killed The Radio Star: Examining The Platform's Creation Of Rap Phenoms6,974 Views16 Comments
- Soulja No Swiping: 6 Times Soulja Boy Stole Another Rapper's Flow26,575 Views67 Comments
- Drake Says He's Expanding OVO Fest To Another City16,324 Views35 Comments
- Sauce Walka Calls Out Drake For Houston Appreciation Weekend, Drake Responds29,945 Views78 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Allegedly Demanding A Lot More Child Support17,382 Views65 Comments
- Drake Swaps "Madonna" Lyrics For "Rihanna" During Houston Show29,345 Views52 Comments
- Stream Dizzy Wright's Album "The Growing Process"7,884 Views14 Comments
- Tyson Beckford Takes Selfie With Karrueche Tran, Chris Brown Is Pissed50,468 Views123 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Songs To Soundtrack Your Summer8,325 Views9 Comments