Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
As much as Danny Brown presents himself as a wild party man (which he certainly is to some extent), when it comes to his art, he puts a serious amount of care and effort into every detail.
Azealia Banks' recent appearance on Hot 97 set off a bout of internet sparring that involved Iggy Azalea, Q-Tip, Action Bronson, Tyler, The Creator, T.I. and Solange Knowles, so much of the actual interview became overshadowed by those surrounding stories.
Though we still haven't gotten "The Gucci Mane Movie" that the rapper's frequently mentioned in his songs since 2009's The State Vs. Radric Davis, a book may be on the way.
Ja Rule has been busy these days, not so much working on music but working on a book. He's been writing the book since his time in prison, and now that the man is free, he's getting ready to release the book on July 1st.
It’s hard to argue that Pharrell isn’t one the biggest and hottest artist of 2014 so far. The Neptunes hitmaker has had a years worth of accomplishments already in these first few months.
Looks like Kanye West is not the only person who thinks he has a large cultural impact (though he may argue he has the largest). A new textbook written by Julius Bailey will hit shelves in March under the title The Cultural Impact of Kanye West.
Although Prodigy is known for his spot in the rap game, he's familiar with other avenues of business. Having launched a clothing line this past year, he's continuing to diversify with the launch of a publishing imprint.
Al Sharpton Under Fire For Taking Book Deal With Cash Money [UPDATE: Sharpton's Camp Responds To Criticism] Jul 28, 2013 at 02:34 PM
As we reported at the beginning of June, Al Sharpton plans to release a memoir, called "The Reject Stone," via Cash Money Content in the Fall. When the news arrived, many people were surprised because of the known beef between Sharpton and the YMCMB crew.
Prodigy has a busy summer ahead of him.
The Beastie Boys have never exactly kept things conventional, starting from their break-out in hip-hop scene as three young Jewish (formerly in to hardcore punk) rappers, until they had a strong hold on rap and pop culture world-wide, with over 25 years of suc
- Lollapalooza And Coachella Ban Selfie Sticks4,343 Views31 Comments
- 10 Essential MellowHigh Tracks3,299 Views3 Comments
- Review: Earl Sweatshirt's "I Don't Like Sh*t, I Don't Go Outside"10,867 Views36 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Opens Up About Relationship With Chris Brown23,028 Views37 Comments
- Lil Wayne Performs In Miami, Hands Out "Free Weezy Album" T-Shirts18,273 Views40 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son10,695 Views16 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.16,655 Views34 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"25,421 Views113 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version"2,633 Views8 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 916 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery7,320 Views28 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"5,817 Views20 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue9,428 Views21 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 15,894 Views27 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way21,530 Views93 Comments
You may also like...
- My N**gaz174 Views