Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
As much as Danny Brown presents himself as a wild party man (which he certainly is to some extent), when it comes to his art, he puts a serious amount of care and effort into every detail.
Maino gets his talk on in our 11-minute interview with the Brooklyn native. After delivering his second instalment of King of Brooklyn in November, we spoke to the rapper on his self-appointed king title as well as his native neighborhood.
Azealia Banks' recent appearance on Hot 97 set off a bout of internet sparring that involved Iggy Azalea, Q-Tip, Action Bronson, Tyler, The Creator, T.I. and Solange Knowles, so much of the actual interview became overshadowed by those surrounding stories.
Though we still haven't gotten "The Gucci Mane Movie" that the rapper's frequently mentioned in his songs since 2009's The State Vs. Radric Davis, a book may be on the way.
Ja Rule has been busy these days, not so much working on music but working on a book. He's been writing the book since his time in prison, and now that the man is free, he's getting ready to release the book on July 1st.
It’s hard to argue that Pharrell isn’t one the biggest and hottest artist of 2014 so far. The Neptunes hitmaker has had a years worth of accomplishments already in these first few months.
Looks like Kanye West is not the only person who thinks he has a large cultural impact (though he may argue he has the largest). A new textbook written by Julius Bailey will hit shelves in March under the title The Cultural Impact of Kanye West.
Although Prodigy is known for his spot in the rap game, he's familiar with other avenues of business. Having launched a clothing line this past year, he's continuing to diversify with the launch of a publishing imprint.
Al Sharpton Under Fire For Taking Book Deal With Cash Money [UPDATE: Sharpton's Camp Responds To Criticism] Jul 28, 2013 at 02:34pm
As we reported at the beginning of June, Al Sharpton plans to release a memoir, called "The Reject Stone," via Cash Money Content in the Fall. When the news arrived, many people were surprised because of the known beef between Sharpton and the YMCMB crew.
Prodigy has a busy summer ahead of him.
The Beastie Boys have never exactly kept things conventional, starting from their break-out in hip-hop scene as three young Jewish (formerly in to hardcore punk) rappers, until they had a strong hold on rap and pop culture world-wide, with over 25 years of suc
- Stream Yelawolf's "Love Story"964 Views13 Comments
- Top Tracks: April 13 - April 195,264 Views8 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan "Hurt" By Young Thug's "Bitch Homie Quan" Comment30,141 Views95 Comments
- Kanye West: "I Am An Innovator," Not A Musician11,245 Views83 Comments
- 4/20 Playlist8,740 Views23 Comments
- araabMUZIK Announces New Album "Dream World"2,026 Views5 Comments
- Russell Westbrook's Air Jordan 'Westbrook 0' Officially Unveiled5,792 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Covers PAPER Magazine4,097 Views14 Comments
- Migos Denied Bail After Arrest At Georgia Southern University17,406 Views60 Comments
- Rappers Share Their Smoking Preferences For 4/2017,802 Views43 Comments
- Big Sean & Ariana Grande Have Reportedly Broken Up51,235 Views125 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Shares Tracklist & Release Date For "The Growing Process"6,445 Views15 Comments
- Stream Curren$y's "Even More Saturday Night Car Tunes"12,028 Views14 Comments
- 10 Things To Do On 4/2014,907 Views57 Comments
- Top-10 Marijuana Inspired Sneakers695 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- J. Cole "Wet Dreamz" Video743 Views