Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
As much as Danny Brown presents himself as a wild party man (which he certainly is to some extent), when it comes to his art, he puts a serious amount of care and effort into every detail.
Maino gets his talk on in our 11-minute interview with the Brooklyn native. After delivering his second instalment of King of Brooklyn in November, we spoke to the rapper on his self-appointed king title as well as his native neighborhood.
Azealia Banks' recent appearance on Hot 97 set off a bout of internet sparring that involved Iggy Azalea, Q-Tip, Action Bronson, Tyler, The Creator, T.I. and Solange Knowles, so much of the actual interview became overshadowed by those surrounding stories.
Though we still haven't gotten "The Gucci Mane Movie" that the rapper's frequently mentioned in his songs since 2009's The State Vs. Radric Davis, a book may be on the way.
Ja Rule has been busy these days, not so much working on music but working on a book. He's been writing the book since his time in prison, and now that the man is free, he's getting ready to release the book on July 1st.
It’s hard to argue that Pharrell isn’t one the biggest and hottest artist of 2014 so far. The Neptunes hitmaker has had a years worth of accomplishments already in these first few months.
Looks like Kanye West is not the only person who thinks he has a large cultural impact (though he may argue he has the largest). A new textbook written by Julius Bailey will hit shelves in March under the title The Cultural Impact of Kanye West.
Although Prodigy is known for his spot in the rap game, he's familiar with other avenues of business. Having launched a clothing line this past year, he's continuing to diversify with the launch of a publishing imprint.
Al Sharpton Under Fire For Taking Book Deal With Cash Money [UPDATE: Sharpton's Camp Responds To Criticism] Jul 28, 2013 at 02:34 PM
As we reported at the beginning of June, Al Sharpton plans to release a memoir, called "The Reject Stone," via Cash Money Content in the Fall. When the news arrived, many people were surprised because of the known beef between Sharpton and the YMCMB crew.
Prodigy has a busy summer ahead of him.
The Beastie Boys have never exactly kept things conventional, starting from their break-out in hip-hop scene as three young Jewish (formerly in to hardcore punk) rappers, until they had a strong hold on rap and pop culture world-wide, with over 25 years of suc
- Kendrick Lamar Has The First No. 1 Album Ever With "Pimp" In Its Title7,030 Views57 Comments
- Lil Wayne Joins Instagram14,932 Views42 Comments
- TBT: The Roots2,410 Views2 Comments
- Dame Dash Confirms He And Kanye West Are Buying Karmaloop18,059 Views35 Comments
- Yung Gleesh Reportedly Charged With Sexual Assault [Update: He's Been Arrested]14,969 Views41 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Will Never Release The Song From His Colbert Performance24,974 Views104 Comments
- Ludacris' Best Punchlines6,440 Views20 Comments
- Dr. Dre Wants To "Inspire" People With "Straight Outta Compton" Biopic6,066 Views34 Comments
- The Weeknd Now A Coachella Headliner5,117 Views20 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Action Bronson1,374 Views10 Comments
- 10 Most Expensive Nike Air Maxes At Flight Club Right Now1,490 Views0 Comments
- iLoveMakonnen's Essential "Drink More Water" Cuts6,559 Views19 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Explains Rakim Influence On Sophomore Album Title9,064 Views28 Comments
- Stream Ducko McFli's & Jace's New EP "Dreams"1,202 Views4 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: March 26 (Action Bronson Edition)1,147 Views3 Comments