Stranger things have happened, but the fact that someone's decided to turn a song containing the line "Step back, can't get spunk on the mink" in a children's book is pretty crazy.
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
As much as Danny Brown presents himself as a wild party man (which he certainly is to some extent), when it comes to his art, he puts a serious amount of care and effort into every detail.
Maino gets his talk on in our 11-minute interview with the Brooklyn native. After delivering his second instalment of King of Brooklyn in November, we spoke to the rapper on his self-appointed king title as well as his native neighborhood.
Azealia Banks' recent appearance on Hot 97 set off a bout of internet sparring that involved Iggy Azalea, Q-Tip, Action Bronson, Tyler, The Creator, T.I. and Solange Knowles, so much of the actual interview became overshadowed by those surrounding stories.
Though we still haven't gotten "The Gucci Mane Movie" that the rapper's frequently mentioned in his songs since 2009's The State Vs. Radric Davis, a book may be on the way.
Ja Rule has been busy these days, not so much working on music but working on a book. He's been writing the book since his time in prison, and now that the man is free, he's getting ready to release the book on July 1st.
It’s hard to argue that Pharrell isn’t one the biggest and hottest artist of 2014 so far. The Neptunes hitmaker has had a years worth of accomplishments already in these first few months.
Looks like Kanye West is not the only person who thinks he has a large cultural impact (though he may argue he has the largest). A new textbook written by Julius Bailey will hit shelves in March under the title The Cultural Impact of Kanye West.
Although Prodigy is known for his spot in the rap game, he's familiar with other avenues of business. Having launched a clothing line this past year, he's continuing to diversify with the launch of a publishing imprint.
Al Sharpton Under Fire For Taking Book Deal With Cash Money [UPDATE: Sharpton's Camp Responds To Criticism] Jul 28, 2013 at 02:34pm
As we reported at the beginning of June, Al Sharpton plans to release a memoir, called "The Reject Stone," via Cash Money Content in the Fall. When the news arrived, many people were surprised because of the known beef between Sharpton and the YMCMB crew.
Prodigy has a busy summer ahead of him.
The Beastie Boys have never exactly kept things conventional, starting from their break-out in hip-hop scene as three young Jewish (formerly in to hardcore punk) rappers, until they had a strong hold on rap and pop culture world-wide, with over 25 years of suc
- Gucci Mane Photo Exhibition To Take Place In Atlanta Church7 Views0 Comments
- Vine Killed The Radio Star: Examining The Platform's Creation Of Rap Phenoms798 Views6 Comments
- Soulja No Swiping: 6 Times Soulja Boy Stole Another Rapper's Flow12,455 Views44 Comments
- Drake Says He's Expanding OVO Fest To Another City9,110 Views32 Comments
- Sauce Walka Calls Out Drake For Houston Appreciation Weekend, Drake Responds16,140 Views51 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Allegedly Demanding A Lot More Child Support11,128 Views53 Comments
- Drake Swaps "Madonna" Lyrics For "Rihanna" During Houston Show18,323 Views40 Comments
- Stream Dizzy Wright's Album "The Growing Process"4,172 Views11 Comments
- Tyson Beckford Takes Selfie With Karrueche Tran, Chris Brown Is Pissed32,232 Views99 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Songs To Soundtrack Your Summer5,491 Views7 Comments
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark14,138 Views39 Comments
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"15,944 Views53 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece37,532 Views52 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 234,401 Views1 Comment
- Listen To Dr. Dre "2Nite" Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih Leak59,595 Views125 Comments