Boldy James Taps Nas, Kevin Gates, Snootie Wild & More For "Trapper's Alley 2," Reveals Release Date Dec 17, 2014 at 02:48pm
Boldy James is probably a rapper you're still sleeping on, so in an effort to wake you up, we featured the Detroit native in our first video episode of On The Come Up.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Over the course of the past few months, Nas has been beefing up the roster of his relatively new Mass Appeal label with his favorite underground artists, signing Boldy James, Fashawn, Bishop Nehru and Run The Jewels.
It’s been a great year so far for Detroit’s Boldy James, not to be confused with saxophonist and jazz musician Boney James. The Midwest rapper, born James Clay Jones III was one of the first three artists signed to Nas’ new imprint, Mass Appeal Records.
A straight shot up I94, and almost 300 miles from Detroit, Chicago’s drill scene is currently making waves for the Midwest.The city that is currently more known for its violence than its wind, beautiful architecture and tasty signature deep dish pizza has ca
Nas To Release "Lost Tapes 2" And Posthumous Pimp C Album On Mass Appeal Records May 16, 2014 at 03:09pm
When Nas' contract with Def Jam runs out later this year, it appears that the veteran MC won't be without a label to call home. As previously reported, Nas will launch Mass Appeal Records, and now it seems like he'll be releasing projects on the label too.
Nas Signs Boldy James On Newly-Launched Mass Appeal Imprint [Update: Boldy James Denies Signing To Mass Appeal] Apr 18, 2014 at 04:12pm
Boldy James is one of the illest rappers you probably haven't listened to yet, but we can expect that all to change very soon now that he's got the backing of the original Illmatic MC, Nas.
The Motor City is not necessarily a mecca when it comes to hip-hop, however, it is home to several big names in rap, the first to come to mind are probably Eminem and Big Sean.
Full Album Stream For Boldy James' "M.1.C.S.: My 1st Chemistry Set" Produced By The Alchemist Oct 9, 2013 at 03:43pm
Detroit rapper on the come-up, Boldy James, will be releasing his debut full-length album through Decon on October 15th. M.1.C.S.: My 1st Chemistry Set is entirely produced by The Alchemist and showcases Boldy's unique style and lyrics.
With the school year already in session we've been seeing rappers get busy too-- albums are dropping one by one, and there are more to come, with Drake's Nothing Was The Same in ten days, and MMG's Self Made 3 prior to that, Danny Brown's OLD finally on the wa
Boldy James is not your average drug-talking and dealing rapper. It shows in his musical output, from his above par beat selection, to his descriptive and almost eloquent rhymes, Boldy is far from average.
The month of April is already wrapping up, even though it seems like it just arrived. We celebrated 4/20 over the weekend, which saw an influx of weed-smoking songs on the site, as expected.
- The 5 Most Confusing Things Birdman Said In His Angie Martinez Interview33,667 Views62 Comments
- Lil Kim Files Domestic Violence Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend6,152 Views11 Comments
- Meek Mill Opens Up: "I'm Scared To Be Political"40,392 Views138 Comments
- Meek Mill Says He's Hitting The Studio "Soon"58,805 Views298 Comments
- Meet Maxo Kream: Houston's Next-Up5,127 Views8 Comments
- Migos Say Their Noisey "Atlanta" Episode Was Scripted11,114 Views28 Comments
- 7 Things We Learned From LeBron's Most Recent Twitter Q&A1,747 Views0 Comments
- Tyga Sued By Landlord For Unpaid Rent, Threatened With Eviction13,483 Views69 Comments
- Ice Cube Says The "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack Is Dropping This Week8,195 Views17 Comments
- Did Drake Actually Buy Charlamagne Tha God Bottles? 63,011 Views105 Comments
- Meek Mill Booed In Toronto Last Night46,051 Views92 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Drake's Second Meek Mill Diss, "Back To Back"69,575 Views127 Comments
- Listen To Erykah Badu's New Mix6,808 Views4 Comments
- Scarface Reveals Tracklist & Cover Art For "Deeply Rooted"3,399 Views20 Comments
You may also like...