After Pharrell and Robin Thicke were forced to pay a $7.3 million sum to Marvin Gaye's family for copyright infringement, many producers, Pharrell included, are worried about what the verdict means for hip-hop's future.
Things just got a whole lot blurry for Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams. After two weeks in U.S.
Alas, it seems as if Robin Thicke's massive, depressing "Get Her Back" campaign (and the resulting album Paula) have failed in their mission. TMZ is just reporting that Thicke's wife of nine years, Paula Patton, has filed for divorce.
Robin Thicke Admits He Was High & Drunk When He Made "Blurred Lines" In Lawsuit Depositions Sep 15, 2014 at 04:41pm
Last year Robin Thicke found himself embroiled in a lawsuit with Marvin Gaye's children, when he was first targeted by Gaye's family over the similarities between his hit single "Blurred Lines" and Marvin Gaye's musical compositions, namely, "Got To Give It U
In the '90s the rap and R&B scenes had really emerged in to their own distinctiveness. The R&B scene was dominated by acts like Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah, SWV, Ginuwine, Mariah Carey, Brandy and Monica and many many more.
Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" definitely shares some stylistic elements with a certain era of funk & soul, but does that constitute copyright infringement? Thicke and co.
Robin Thicke did a lot of promo and released basically every song off his new album Blurred Lines prior to its release-- and the tactic worked, because Thicke nabbed has first ever debut at #1 on the Billboard 200.
Stream Album Snippets From Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" [Update: Stream The Album In Full] Jul 31, 2013 at 06:47pm
Robin Thicke has said in interviews he's trying a somewhat different sound than we're used to for his latest album, Blurred Lines. Now you can hear that sound yourself with snippets for every track off the album.
Robin Thicke Talks "Getting All The Credit" For Pharrell's "Greatness," Working With Kendrick Lamar Jul 31, 2013 at 01:41pm
Robin Thicke has been making music for over 20 years, but "Blurred Lines" is his first certified smash-- and he couldn't be happier about it.
If you've had a hard time escaping "Blurred Lines," you're not alone-- the numbers support it. This week Robin Thicke's Pharrell and T.I.-assisted smash broke the record for the highest radio audience of all time.
Cover Art, Tracklist & Release Date Revealed For Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" Jun 14, 2013 at 12:41pm
Singer Robin Thicke is gearing up to release a new album, titled after his single, Blurred Lines. Today, the cover art, release date and tracklist for the album have been revealed.
Robin Thicke has had a busy year, with filming for Kevin Hart's comedy "Real Husbands of Hollywood," plus working on material for his upcoming sixth studio album-- the singer had to cut one out, and it definitely wasn't the music.
- French Montana Shares Artwork & Tracklist From "Casino Life 2"14,700 Views83 Comments
- Stephen Curry To Be Named NBA MVP3,887 Views0 Comments
- Houston Astros Are Selling Hats Signed By Bun B And Fat Joe For $2004,222 Views16 Comments
- Madonna Wishes She Didn't Kiss Drake At Coachella43,246 Views88 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 25 - May 12,428 Views3 Comments
- Kanye West Changes His Album Title33,176 Views82 Comments
- See The Tracklist To Jamie Foxx's "Hollywood: A Story Of A Dozen Roses"8,052 Views18 Comments
- Beyonce Signs 3 Teenagers For $1.5 Million21,717 Views27 Comments
- Review: Raekwon's "Fly International Luxurious Art"4,796 Views25 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Performs "See You Again" & "We Dem Boyz" On SNL7,800 Views13 Comments
- De La Soul Raised Over $600K On Kickstarter For Their New Album7,799 Views37 Comments
- Barter 6 Producer Wheezy Wants To Work With Lil Wayne31,884 Views61 Comments
- Lyrical Allegiance: Picking Pacquiao/Mayweather Sides Through Song12,814 Views31 Comments
- Turk Files Default Motion After Cash Money Ignores His Lawsuit11,908 Views24 Comments
- Jay Z, Drake & Eminem Are Among Billboard's "Money-Makers" Of 201438,021 Views22 Comments
You may also like...