After Pharrell and Robin Thicke were forced to pay a $7.3 million sum to Marvin Gaye's family for copyright infringement, many producers, Pharrell included, are worried about what the verdict means for hip-hop's future.
Things just got a whole lot blurry for Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams. After two weeks in U.S.
Alas, it seems as if Robin Thicke's massive, depressing "Get Her Back" campaign (and the resulting album Paula) have failed in their mission. TMZ is just reporting that Thicke's wife of nine years, Paula Patton, has filed for divorce.
Robin Thicke Admits He Was High & Drunk When He Made "Blurred Lines" In Lawsuit Depositions Sep 15, 2014 at 04:41pm
Last year Robin Thicke found himself embroiled in a lawsuit with Marvin Gaye's children, when he was first targeted by Gaye's family over the similarities between his hit single "Blurred Lines" and Marvin Gaye's musical compositions, namely, "Got To Give It U
In the '90s the rap and R&B scenes had really emerged in to their own distinctiveness. The R&B scene was dominated by acts like Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah, SWV, Ginuwine, Mariah Carey, Brandy and Monica and many many more.
Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" definitely shares some stylistic elements with a certain era of funk & soul, but does that constitute copyright infringement? Thicke and co.
Robin Thicke did a lot of promo and released basically every song off his new album Blurred Lines prior to its release-- and the tactic worked, because Thicke nabbed has first ever debut at #1 on the Billboard 200.
Stream Album Snippets From Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" [Update: Stream The Album In Full] Jul 31, 2013 at 06:47pm
Robin Thicke has said in interviews he's trying a somewhat different sound than we're used to for his latest album, Blurred Lines. Now you can hear that sound yourself with snippets for every track off the album.
Robin Thicke Talks "Getting All The Credit" For Pharrell's "Greatness," Working With Kendrick Lamar Jul 31, 2013 at 01:41pm
Robin Thicke has been making music for over 20 years, but "Blurred Lines" is his first certified smash-- and he couldn't be happier about it.
If you've had a hard time escaping "Blurred Lines," you're not alone-- the numbers support it. This week Robin Thicke's Pharrell and T.I.-assisted smash broke the record for the highest radio audience of all time.
Cover Art, Tracklist & Release Date Revealed For Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" Jun 14, 2013 at 12:41pm
Singer Robin Thicke is gearing up to release a new album, titled after his single, Blurred Lines. Today, the cover art, release date and tracklist for the album have been revealed.
Robin Thicke has had a busy year, with filming for Kevin Hart's comedy "Real Husbands of Hollywood," plus working on material for his upcoming sixth studio album-- the singer had to cut one out, and it definitely wasn't the music.
- Kendrick Lamar's "King Kunta" Video Is Premiering Today In Times Square6,238 Views31 Comments
- T-Pain Explains Why His Aaliyah Collaboration Didn't Make The Mixtape5,289 Views13 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Explains "The Blacker The Berry", "Mortal Man" & More6,428 Views24 Comments
- 5 Things You Should Know About TIDAL11,285 Views35 Comments
- Kevin Gates Gets Into Physical Altercation With Two Women10,915 Views44 Comments
- Rick Ross & DJ Khaled Talk New Meek Mill Album, Announce "Self Made, Vol. 4"11,700 Views43 Comments
- T-Pain's "The Iron Way" Review6,772 Views31 Comments
- Beyonce Posts Snippet Of New Song With Jay Z On Instagram8,710 Views13 Comments
- Tyga Got Served At His LA Gear Release Party10,052 Views0 Comments
- Stream Jodeci's "The Past, The Present, The Future" Album 2,548 Views4 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Chris Paul's 'Death' By Crossover5,228 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: March3,521 Views7 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 5,569 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?21,261 Views52 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title32,559 Views69 Comments