Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
Big L is legendary for a few reasons. His punchlines, his freestyles, and his legendary album Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous are the basis to his influence.
Big L was a New York ‘representer’ straight from the danger zone of Harlem, and in the words of my father, who hung out with the young Lamont Coleman in the 90’s: “Big L was a charismatic and cool cat back then.
Last Saturday marked the 15th anniversary of hip hop legend Big L’s untimely death. The Harlem rapper helped propel the strong New York hip hop movement in the nineties, and collaborated with dozens of artists including a young Jay-Z, Tupac, Fat Joe.
- Safaree Samuels Covered Up His Nicki Minaj Tattoo337 Views7 Comments
- DeJ Loaf Hits The Studio With Pharrell & Pusha T842 Views7 Comments
- Curren$y Announces "Canal St. Confidential" Release Date1,063 Views14 Comments
- Ranking The Top-10 Most Valuable Nike Foamposites 419 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMAs14,563 Views46 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week3,653 Views17 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers15,864 Views38 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit22,711 Views44 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,816 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20153,618 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign17,310 Views45 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK10,511 Views33 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL2,722 Views17 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"16,768 Views51 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida10,744 Views79 Comments
You may also like...
- K Camp Freestyles On Funkmaster Flex1,136 Views