Outside of Kendrick Lamar's infamous "Control" verse, we're in the no-names era of rap disses. While rappers sub-tweeting each other in their verses can be interestingly cryptic, it's often led to listeners creating beef that doesn't exist.
BET Issues Apology For Blue Ivy Joke Read By Karrueche Tran [Update: Producer Reportedly Suspended] Aug 28, 2014 at 10:27am
If you're on Twitter daily, you probably noticed an influx of hate-tweets directed to Karrueche Tran in the past few days, after she read an insensitive joke about Blue Ivy's hair while on BET.
If you grew up a rap fan, you probably have at least a couple of fond memories attached to BET's 106 & Park. If you witnessed the AJ and Free era of the show, perhaps you were even raised on it.
On top of being a great rapper, Webbie is a pretty hilarious character. The Baton Rouge rapper known for recording plenty of records with Boosie in his early days has one of the most hilarious Breakfast Club interviews out there.
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
What's this, a reissue of Nellyville? Unfortunately no, there's no news of a reissue of or sequel to Nelly's 2002 album (the 14th best selling rap release of all time), but it is the name of an upcoming reality series that the St.
Drake may not have released an album in 2012, but he definitely had a big year. The Toronto rapper is nominated for 12 BET Awards, appearing in 4 of the nominations for Video Of The Year.
If you can't get enough of Chris Brown's law-breaking antics, you're in luck. According to a report by TMZ, BET is currently in the process of developing a reality TV series for the R&B star.
Looks like BET has managed to get a hold of Chris Tucker amidst his demanding schedule of filming "Rush Hour" sequels. The comedian is lined up to host the 2013 BET awards in June, taking the reins from Samuel L. Jackson, who handled the duties last year.
HipHopWired caught up with Nelly at the BET Awards, and he discussed his new single "Get Like Me," featuring Pharell and Niki Minaj.Can you appreciate the bars here? Check out the latest video from Nelly, Nelly Feat.
Backed by an all-female house band, Ciara took to the stage in an elegant all-white ensemble at Sunday evening's BET's Black Girls Rock show to perform her latest single "I Bet." Other performers at Black Girls Rock included Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, and J
Performances From Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Trinidad James & More At BET's "Rip The Runway" Mar 21, 2013 at 09:45am
BET's 9th annual "Rip The Runway" aired on T.V. last night. The event, which celebrated fashion and music, was hosted by Kelly Rowland and Boris Kodjoe at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City.
Lil Kim has been doing interviews recently, following the release of her Hardcore mixtape, the last of which was an in-depth sit-down with The Breakfast Club. She's also paid a visit to BET's 106 & Park for a more brief interview compared to the hour-long Br
Grandmaster Flash's "The Message" is often cited as the very first socially conscious hip hop song. The upcoming mini series from BET takes its name from the iconic single, going back through history to look at rap's progression.
Travi$ Scott is better known for his production skills than his lyrical ability, but he unfortunately missed an opportunity to prove himself as a rapper with his latest BET Cypher freestyle.
Drake is pretty open about his relationships and flings, as his music usually incorporates the females in his life. It seems even when he was 14 years old he was writing tracks about his girls.
TDE & Interscope Present Kendrick Lamar With Platinum Plaque For "good kid, m.A.A.d City" Jun 30, 2013 at 05:25pm
The annual BET Experience Music Festival took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles last night, and included performances from Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Miguel and more.
The BET Awards are always eventful. This past weekend the event rounded up some of the biggest names in the hip-hop industry, to dish out awards, perform on stage, walk the red carpet, and generally keep things hip-hop.
- Charts Don't Lie: April 25958 Views9 Comments
- Daz Dillinger Has Two Unreleased Songs With Biggie Smalls Still In The Vault3,113 Views23 Comments
- 10 Essential Yung Lean Tracks 3,957 Views30 Comments
- Ciara Previews Two New Songs On Instagram3,431 Views14 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"1,562 Views13 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight15,851 Views26 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"13,610 Views76 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather27,885 Views33 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date56,384 Views87 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now18,136 Views24 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"4,931 Views24 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"5,918 Views22 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party4,476 Views22 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)1,890 Views8 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness9,873 Views52 Comments