Apple May Be Looking To Acquire Dr. Dre's Beats Electronics For $3.2 Billion [Update: Dr. Dre Confirms] May 9, 2014 at 11:09am
Dr. Dre recently surpassed Jay Z as the second richest rapper in the game, and it looks as though he could take the throne from Diddy if Apple successfully buys him out of Beats Electronics.
There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
Stream Beat The Streets (Instrumentals) Side A, a new offering from Adrian Swish, which was released on Thursday, April 11th, 2013.
Following up last week's Top 10 of rappers who were bodied on their own shit, we're moving on to Yeezy's production. Expect a new Top 10 list each Monday going forward, and if there's a subject you want us to tackle shout it out in the comments.
Side A of this series includes original unreleased Instrumentals from Majestic Drama, Dre$ki, Klasic, Kajmir Royale, Kountdown, J Cardim & More
With the World Cup just a week away, Beats Music has released a lengthy commercial entitled "The Game Before The Game" that shows various athletes, artists and entertainers preparing for games and performances by listening to music.
Clams Casino is an incredible hip hop producer, but sometimes his beat work even better as instrumental moodpieces. His latest and "final" instrumental tape is proof of such, providing the beats from his work with rappers from the last year or so.
Dr. Dre's filed a lawsuit against Death Row records a few months back, requesting $3 million from the now bankrupt label.
Mr. Carmack remains a bit of an enigma despite all of the recent success. One of the undoubtable beat-makers of this generation, Carmack hails form Hawaii, which isn't exactly a hotbed for music production.
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
Al Jieh's chances in this game are improving with each new release, and Runnin (Instrumental) is no exception - quite the opposite, in fact. It's a nice addition to the impressive catalogue Al Jieh has been building over the years.
Beats Electronics refuses to stop growing. Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's headphone brand already has a monopoly on the headphone game, but they are far from hitting a plateau.
As part of Mass Appeal's "Rhythm Roulette" series, Statik Selektah selects several records while blindfolded and proceeds to make a beat sampling them all. How do you feel about the production here?
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine3,781 Views29 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)5,079 Views10 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL9,251 Views50 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape22,087 Views50 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them5,048 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans4,525 Views8 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)1,717 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack4,320 Views23 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death26,395 Views53 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God6,491 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape13,779 Views56 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album34,852 Views151 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon12,357 Views62 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again7,658 Views28 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations7,559 Views17 Comments