Apple May Be Looking To Acquire Dr. Dre's Beats Electronics For $3.2 Billion [Update: Dr. Dre Confirms] May 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Dr. Dre recently surpassed Jay Z as the second richest rapper in the game, and it looks as though he could take the throne from Diddy if Apple successfully buys him out of Beats Electronics.
There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
Stream Beat The Streets (Instrumentals) Side A, a new offering from Adrian Swish, which was released on Thursday, April 11th, 2013.
Following up last week's Top 10 of rappers who were bodied on their own shit, we're moving on to Yeezy's production. Expect a new Top 10 list each Monday going forward, and if there's a subject you want us to tackle shout it out in the comments.
Side A of this series includes original unreleased Instrumentals from Majestic Drama, Dre$ki, Klasic, Kajmir Royale, Kountdown, J Cardim & More
With the World Cup just a week away, Beats Music has released a lengthy commercial entitled "The Game Before The Game" that shows various athletes, artists and entertainers preparing for games and performances by listening to music.
Clams Casino is an incredible hip hop producer, but sometimes his beat work even better as instrumental moodpieces. His latest and "final" instrumental tape is proof of such, providing the beats from his work with rappers from the last year or so.
Beats Electronics refuses to stop growing. Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's headphone brand already has a monopoly on the headphone game, but they are far from hitting a plateau.
Dr. Dre's filed a lawsuit against Death Row records a few months back, requesting $3 million from the now bankrupt label.
Mr. Carmack remains a bit of an enigma despite all of the recent success. One of the undoubtable beat-makers of this generation, Carmack hails form Hawaii, which isn't exactly a hotbed for music production.
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
Al Jieh's chances in this game are improving with each new release, and Runnin (Instrumental) is no exception - quite the opposite, in fact. It's a nice addition to the impressive catalogue Al Jieh has been building over the years.
As part of Mass Appeal's "Rhythm Roulette" series, Statik Selektah selects several records while blindfolded and proceeds to make a beat sampling them all. How do you feel about the production here?
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 2,325 Views13 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way2,950 Views36 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 283,216 Views9 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month2,916 Views12 Comments
- Six Kendrick Lamar Songs Make Billboard's Hot 1005,218 Views58 Comments
- A$AP Mob Sued For Injuring Fan While Crowd Surfing 3,129 Views26 Comments
- The Game & DeJ Loaf Shoot "Ambitionz Of A Rida" Video3,455 Views15 Comments
- Tech N9ne Reveals "Special Effects" Tour Dates2,105 Views7 Comments
- Stream Ballout & Tadoe's "The Rise Of Glo Gang Empire"3,648 Views16 Comments
- Stream Archibald Slim's "The Other Special Guest"738 Views1 Comment
- Forgot About Dre: Tracking Dr. Dre's Last Five Years14,553 Views37 Comments
- Kanye West Is Headlining KIIS FM’s Wango Tango Event2,759 Views12 Comments
- Drake's OVO x Mitchell & Ness 'Raptors' Collab Officially Unveiled3,567 Views0 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: See The LOX Live In Brooklyn500 Views0 Comments
- T-Pain Says He's Not Making A "Comeback," Explains Aaliyah Collaboration13,379 Views12 Comments