Drake called in to Zane Lowe's Beats 1 Radio show today for an illuminating 24-minute interview, in which he revealed that his own Beats 1 Radio show "OVO Sound Radio" will premiere Saturday at 6 ET.
It all seemed like fantastic, luxurious, one-percent-y fun and games during the initial TIDAL press conference.
Just as Apple is anticipated to launch their new music streaming service (which may or may not involve Kanye West, but more than likely does involve Drake), they've had to recall the Beats Pill XL speaker due to a fire safety concern.
Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
Mr. Carmack remains a bit of an enigma despite all of the recent success. One of the undoubtable beat-makers of this generation, Carmack hails form Hawaii, which isn't exactly a hotbed for music production.
Following up last week's Top 10 of rappers who were bodied on their own shit, we're moving on to Yeezy's production. Expect a new Top 10 list each Monday going forward, and if there's a subject you want us to tackle shout it out in the comments.
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
Dr. Dre's filed a lawsuit against Death Row records a few months back, requesting $3 million from the now bankrupt label.
Apple May Be Looking To Acquire Dr. Dre's Beats Electronics For $3.2 Billion [Update: Dr. Dre Confirms] May 9, 2014 at 11:09am
Dr. Dre recently surpassed Jay Z as the second richest rapper in the game, and it looks as though he could take the throne from Diddy if Apple successfully buys him out of Beats Electronics.
Beats Electronics refuses to stop growing. Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's headphone brand already has a monopoly on the headphone game, but they are far from hitting a plateau.
There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
- Meek Mill Debuts New Drake Diss In Charlotte, NC55,771 Views345 Comments
- 8 Rappers Who Had Their Careers Ruined By Diss Tracks55,074 Views119 Comments
- ASAP Rocky & Tyler, The Creator Announce Co-Headlining Tour22,128 Views28 Comments
- Texans Running Back Arian Foster To Undergo Surgery, Will Miss Start Of NFL Season1,587 Views0 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At The MTV VMAs 2,711 Views24 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Admits To Having More Plastic Surgery16,782 Views61 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Donated $5,000 To Amber Rose's SlutWalk Protest13,442 Views78 Comments
- All 6 OVO Fests, Ranked20,105 Views31 Comments
- Dr. Dre's "Compton" To Premiere On Apple Music6,678 Views41 Comments
- 50 Cent & Ja Rule Resurrect Beef On Instagram47,075 Views130 Comments
- Everything Dr. Dre Has Produced Since His Last Album13,514 Views48 Comments
- Rihanna Shares Photos From Crop Over Festival In Barbados10,416 Views35 Comments
- Taylor Swift Credits Jay Z For Helping Her Reconcile With Kanye West10,970 Views18 Comments
- The Weeknd Shares "Beauty Behind The Madness" Tracklist20,956 Views108 Comments
- Drake Debuts New 'OVO' Raptors Jersey And 'OVO' Air Jordan 8 4,895 Views0 Comments