Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
Mr. Carmack remains a bit of an enigma despite all of the recent success. One of the undoubtable beat-makers of this generation, Carmack hails form Hawaii, which isn't exactly a hotbed for music production.
Following up last week's Top 10 of rappers who were bodied on their own shit, we're moving on to Yeezy's production. Expect a new Top 10 list each Monday going forward, and if there's a subject you want us to tackle shout it out in the comments.
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
Dr. Dre's filed a lawsuit against Death Row records a few months back, requesting $3 million from the now bankrupt label.
Apple May Be Looking To Acquire Dr. Dre's Beats Electronics For $3.2 Billion [Update: Dr. Dre Confirms] May 9, 2014 at 11:09am
Dr. Dre recently surpassed Jay Z as the second richest rapper in the game, and it looks as though he could take the throne from Diddy if Apple successfully buys him out of Beats Electronics.
Beats Electronics refuses to stop growing. Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's headphone brand already has a monopoly on the headphone game, but they are far from hitting a plateau.
There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
- Nicki Minaj "Demands" Orgasms, Advises Women To Do The Same7,707 Views24 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)1,583 Views2 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song6,647 Views32 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed1,843 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour8,333 Views48 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter6,492 Views39 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's14,914 Views40 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks2,132 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal8,604 Views15 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)1,028 Views1 Comment
- Samples Of The Week: A$AP Rocky Edition4,180 Views3 Comments
- Suspect In Lil Wayne Bus Shooting May Be Affiliated With Young Thug13,369 Views74 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)1,943 Views0 Comments
- Jay Z Put On Blast For All-White TIDAL Staff12,443 Views111 Comments
You may also like...