Pharrell's solo career is going rather well, but he hasn't forget about his N.E.R.D. days yet, as he aired an unreleased N.E.R.D. track called "Locked Away" during tonight's episode of his "OTHERtone" Beats 1 Radio show.
This room has been silent for sixteen years. For sixteen years, this hip-hop fan has waited for this hallowed space to be filled with the sounds of a classic that was promised-- Detox. The ultimate follow up to Dr.
Drake called in to Zane Lowe's Beats 1 Radio show today for an illuminating 24-minute interview, in which he revealed that his own Beats 1 Radio show "OVO Sound Radio" will premiere Saturday at 6 ET.
It all seemed like fantastic, luxurious, one-percent-y fun and games during the initial TIDAL press conference.
Just as Apple is anticipated to launch their new music streaming service (which may or may not involve Kanye West, but more than likely does involve Drake), they've had to recall the Beats Pill XL speaker due to a fire safety concern.
Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
Mr. Carmack remains a bit of an enigma despite all of the recent success. One of the undoubtable beat-makers of this generation, Carmack hails form Hawaii, which isn't exactly a hotbed for music production.
Following up last week's Top 10 of rappers who were bodied on their own shit, we're moving on to Yeezy's production. Expect a new Top 10 list each Monday going forward, and if there's a subject you want us to tackle shout it out in the comments.
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
Dr. Dre's filed a lawsuit against Death Row records a few months back, requesting $3 million from the now bankrupt label.
Apple May Be Looking To Acquire Dr. Dre's Beats Electronics For $3.2 Billion [Update: Dr. Dre Confirms] May 9, 2014 at 11:09am
Dr. Dre recently surpassed Jay Z as the second richest rapper in the game, and it looks as though he could take the throne from Diddy if Apple successfully buys him out of Beats Electronics.
Beats Electronics refuses to stop growing. Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's headphone brand already has a monopoly on the headphone game, but they are far from hitting a plateau.
There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
- Safaree Samuels Covered Up His Nicki Minaj Tattoo1,669 Views13 Comments
- DeJ Loaf Hits The Studio With Pharrell & Pusha T1,219 Views8 Comments
- Curren$y Announces "Canal St. Confidential" Release Date1,583 Views16 Comments
- Ranking The Top-10 Most Valuable Nike Foamposites 520 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMAs15,128 Views46 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week3,714 Views17 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers16,090 Views38 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit23,143 Views45 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,847 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20153,676 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign17,654 Views45 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK10,693 Views33 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL2,753 Views17 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"16,984 Views51 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida10,845 Views81 Comments
You may also like...
- K Camp Freestyles On Funkmaster Flex1,191 Views