Pharrell's solo career is going rather well, but he hasn't forget about his N.E.R.D. days yet, as he aired an unreleased N.E.R.D. track called "Locked Away" during tonight's episode of his "OTHERtone" Beats 1 Radio show.
This room has been silent for sixteen years. For sixteen years, this hip-hop fan has waited for this hallowed space to be filled with the sounds of a classic that was promised-- Detox. The ultimate follow up to Dr.
Drake called in to Zane Lowe's Beats 1 Radio show today for an illuminating 24-minute interview, in which he revealed that his own Beats 1 Radio show "OVO Sound Radio" will premiere Saturday at 6 ET.
It all seemed like fantastic, luxurious, one-percent-y fun and games during the initial TIDAL press conference.
Just as Apple is anticipated to launch their new music streaming service (which may or may not involve Kanye West, but more than likely does involve Drake), they've had to recall the Beats Pill XL speaker due to a fire safety concern.
Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
Mr. Carmack remains a bit of an enigma despite all of the recent success. One of the undoubtable beat-makers of this generation, Carmack hails form Hawaii, which isn't exactly a hotbed for music production.
Following up last week's Top 10 of rappers who were bodied on their own shit, we're moving on to Yeezy's production. Expect a new Top 10 list each Monday going forward, and if there's a subject you want us to tackle shout it out in the comments.
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
With the World Cup just a week away, Beats Music has released a lengthy commercial entitled "The Game Before The Game" that shows various athletes, artists and entertainers preparing for games and performances by listening to music.
Dr. Dre's filed a lawsuit against Death Row records a few months back, requesting $3 million from the now bankrupt label.
Apple May Be Looking To Acquire Dr. Dre's Beats Electronics For $3.2 Billion [Update: Dr. Dre Confirms] May 9, 2014 at 11:09am
Dr. Dre recently surpassed Jay Z as the second richest rapper in the game, and it looks as though he could take the throne from Diddy if Apple successfully buys him out of Beats Electronics.
Side A of this series includes original unreleased Instrumentals from Majestic Drama, Dre$ki, Klasic, Kajmir Royale, Kountdown, J Cardim & More
Clams Casino is an incredible hip hop producer, but sometimes his beat work even better as instrumental moodpieces. His latest and "final" instrumental tape is proof of such, providing the beats from his work with rappers from the last year or so.
Beats Electronics refuses to stop growing. Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's headphone brand already has a monopoly on the headphone game, but they are far from hitting a plateau.
There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
As part of Mass Appeal's "Rhythm Roulette" series, Statik Selektah selects several records while blindfolded and proceeds to make a beat sampling them all. How do you feel about the production here?
Al Jieh's chances in this game are improving with each new release, and Runnin (Instrumental) is no exception - quite the opposite, in fact. It's a nice addition to the impressive catalogue Al Jieh has been building over the years.
Stream Beat The Streets (Instrumentals) Side A, a new offering from Adrian Swish, which was released on Thursday, April 11th, 2013.
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account9,812 Views38 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville28,870 Views46 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA10,788 Views21 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)3,971 Views23 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"23,397 Views116 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"4,571 Views11 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest33,753 Views34 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days14,537 Views55 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest20,004 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal20,250 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"9,193 Views29 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"31,007 Views88 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,227 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date60,979 Views220 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)2,696 Views3 Comments