Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
Mr. Carmack remains a bit of an enigma despite all of the recent success. One of the undoubtable beat-makers of this generation, Carmack hails form Hawaii, which isn't exactly a hotbed for music production.
Following up last week's Top 10 of rappers who were bodied on their own shit, we're moving on to Yeezy's production. Expect a new Top 10 list each Monday going forward, and if there's a subject you want us to tackle shout it out in the comments.
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
With the World Cup just a week away, Beats Music has released a lengthy commercial entitled "The Game Before The Game" that shows various athletes, artists and entertainers preparing for games and performances by listening to music.
Dr. Dre's filed a lawsuit against Death Row records a few months back, requesting $3 million from the now bankrupt label.
Apple May Be Looking To Acquire Dr. Dre's Beats Electronics For $3.2 Billion [Update: Dr. Dre Confirms] May 9, 2014 at 11:09am
Dr. Dre recently surpassed Jay Z as the second richest rapper in the game, and it looks as though he could take the throne from Diddy if Apple successfully buys him out of Beats Electronics.
Side A of this series includes original unreleased Instrumentals from Majestic Drama, Dre$ki, Klasic, Kajmir Royale, Kountdown, J Cardim & More
Clams Casino is an incredible hip hop producer, but sometimes his beat work even better as instrumental moodpieces. His latest and "final" instrumental tape is proof of such, providing the beats from his work with rappers from the last year or so.
Beats Electronics refuses to stop growing. Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's headphone brand already has a monopoly on the headphone game, but they are far from hitting a plateau.
There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
As part of Mass Appeal's "Rhythm Roulette" series, Statik Selektah selects several records while blindfolded and proceeds to make a beat sampling them all. How do you feel about the production here?
Al Jieh's chances in this game are improving with each new release, and Runnin (Instrumental) is no exception - quite the opposite, in fact. It's a nice addition to the impressive catalogue Al Jieh has been building over the years.
Stream Beat The Streets (Instrumentals) Side A, a new offering from Adrian Swish, which was released on Thursday, April 11th, 2013.
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"1,595 Views11 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand1,627 Views0 Comments
- Dizzy Wright's Turn-Up Essentials Playlist643 Views4 Comments
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award7,461 Views68 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 5,791 Views28 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour797 Views6 Comments
- Dear Graduates: Life Lessons From Kanye West's "College Dropout"3,909 Views20 Comments
- Stream Mobb Deep's "Survival Of The Fittest" EP946 Views7 Comments
- Young Thug Says His Next Mixtape Will Be Called "Tha Carter V"17,332 Views164 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Celebrate Trip To NBA Finals With A 'Flicka Da Wrist' Video1,944 Views0 Comments
- Lil B Accuses Chedda Da Connect Of Stealing His Swag On "Flicka Da Wrist"5,938 Views29 Comments
- Frank Ocean Uploads Mysterious Empty Playlist To SoundCloud7,874 Views25 Comments
- Azealia Banks To Star In RZA-Directed Film "Coco"2,697 Views32 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals3,670 Views0 Comments
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour4,848 Views8 Comments
You may also like...
- On The Come Up: Kirk Knight26 Views