Filmmaker, writer, and social critic dream hampton (who writes her name in all lowercase) took to social media to defend Jay Z and Beyonce against claims that the couple has remained silent in the midst of protests in Ferguson and Baltimore.
After sharing a protest song supporting the Freddie Gray rallies in Baltimore, Prince performed a special concert in the city last night. The show was broadcast on TIDAL, while owners Jay Z, Beyoncé, and Alicia Keys were in attendance.
Chance The Rapper Discusses Meeting Kanye, "Wack" Streaming Services At Harvard Lecture May 7, 2015 at 06:56pm
It's becoming more commonplace for rappers to be granted University lectures, but if your name isn't Kanye West or Lil B The Based God, it might be hard to land a gig at one of the more elite institutions. Chance The Rapper recently broke that barrier, sp
Jackboi Tony hails outta Baltimore, a city you've seen all over TV this past week due to violence and protests resulting from the death of Freddie Gray. Believe it or not, Jackboi Tony grew up in these streets.
As far as political minds in hip hop go, Killer Mike is one of the all-time greats.
The last time a protest movement arose around the murder of a young black man by police, The Game was quick to respond with "Don't Shoot," a song that recruited an all-star cast of rappers to speak out against police violence.
On Monday night, a Baltimore protest that followed the funeral of Freddie Gray, the umpteenth black male killed by police in recent memory, attracted a lot of attention nationwide.
The last two days have seen protests in Baltimore following the funeral of Freddie Gray, a young black man who died while in the custody of police officers earlier in the month.
Being from D.C., Wale felt pretty close to the racially-charged riots going on in Baltimore, so he decided to visit the city to show his support, and offer guidance to the youth at Fredrick Douglas High School.The rapper made it his task to make sure the
On April 12, 25-year-old Freddie Gray was arrested in Baltimore for possession of a switchblade, though it's still not clear why he was pursued in the first place.
Last night, protests erupted in Baltimore after the funeral of 25-year-old Freddie Gray, who many believe was wrongfully killed by police.
Emerging Baltimore emcee Rickie Jacobs continues his partnership with Reebok Classics with the new "Reasons To Smile" webisode series, each segment highlighting something that brings him great joy in life. In this episode (realized by the AubGreen Collective
"European Rugs" is a choice selection from emerging Baltimore emcee Rickie Jacobs' new Remember To Smile album, soundtracked by his frequent collaborator and fellow Bmore artist Eu-IV, who helped set the tone of the project alongside Drugs Cinema and YOG$.
Bump N.O. TO BMORE, the latest cut from JAE E which features King Los on the assist. It dropped on Friday, November 29th, 2013. JAE E's horizons are broadening with each new release, and N.O. TO BMORE is no exception.
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"384 Views12 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival964 Views10 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport2,551 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See5,519 Views62 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans1,594 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum10,087 Views88 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?6,442 Views68 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby13,055 Views51 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus11,385 Views68 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"4,180 Views30 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works359 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds7,751 Views36 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice1,924 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More5,466 Views17 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC2,547 Views0 Comments